How to Watch Televised Football Games

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2022, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
So with the NFL Sunday ticket can you get any of the games being played? Steeler fan here.
"NFL Sunday Ticket is an out-of-market sports package that broadcasts National Football League (NFL) regular season games unavailable on local affiliates. It carries all regional Sunday afternoon games produced by Fox and CBS."
Old 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I am an avid Browns fan and my wife loves the Buffalo Bills. We have encountered some difficulty in ways to watch the games we want to because we are limited with Spectrum Internet and TV. Does anyone have any ideas that would circumvent placing an ugly Direct TV dish on my house? Anything would be appreciated.
i might have a less expensive solution for you, can you give me the TV stations (call letters) that would carry the games in both areas? Please PM them to me otherwise I might not see it
Old 08-19-2022, 07:14 AM
Default Nfl

I’m a Pats fan and I have the Hulu live package which when you select your favorite team will show those games if it’s not one of the scheduled games. If you get an Amazon Fire Stick and up your internet speed you can stream everything and the Hulu and Netflix apps are preloaded.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CappyRam View Post
Not true, you can absolutely pay for their stream package for Sunday ticket with have direct tv at all. I did for years before moving here
Not in The Villages. Here is what it says on the "directv.com" website:

"Currently NFL SUNDAY TICKET is not available as an add-on to DIRECTV STREAM. However, if you are in a location or situation that does not qualify for DIRECTV Satellite service, you may be eligible for stand-alone NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV. Check your eligibility."
Old 08-19-2022, 07:42 AM

Down load the app tuneity it lets you listen to muted tv stations.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:42 AM
Sage

Lots of confusion on this thread. My research indicates that, the only way to legally watch all of the Sunday NFL games live in The Villages, is to get a satellite dish and to subscribe to the NFL SUNDAY TICKET from Direct TV, or to go to a sports bar or restaurant.

Is that information wrong?
Old 08-19-2022, 07:50 AM
Default Streaming football

Quote:
I am an avid Browns fan and my wife loves the Buffalo Bills. We have encountered some difficulty in ways to watch the games we want to because we are limited with Spectrum Internet and TV. Does anyone have any ideas that would circumvent placing an ugly Direct TV dish on my house? Anything would be appreciated.
I have an app on my smartphone called NFL Live Streaming. I can watch any game I want on my phone. It's free. And if you have a smart TV you can connect your phone to your TV to watch it there.
PS. I am also a Browns fan and watch the game on Sundays at The Pub, along with the Browns Backers Club.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As I understand it, you can get DirectTV Stream as a streaming service, but if you want to subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket premium football package, you must get it through a satellite dish with the DirectTV service. I assume that they want to limit and control the number of televisions where you can watch football games that are not broadcast on regular TV.
If you can't get satellite service because of obstruction, trees building, you can buy the Sunday Ticket and stream it. That is what my daughter does in Tampa
Old 08-19-2022, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Try this: < https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?campaign=sp-tu-np-bm-gg-2000093&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuK2kx4fT-QIVUcvICh00bQB7EAAYBCAAEgKFc_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds>
Old 08-19-2022, 09:03 AM

It is much easier and much more beautiful to watch kneeling in church.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:13 AM

We couldn’t find a good way to watch games last year and settled for NFL Redzone. It shows all the plays for all the teams that are inside the 20 yard line only. Fairly good substitute for watching individual games.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:17 AM

I'm an avid Bills fan since 1960. Saw the first Bills game in the old Rock Pile with my dad. Since then, have been a suffering fan through many up and down seasons. Because we have been loyal Direct TV subscribers, they have given us a free NFL Sunday Ticket subscription for the past 2 seasons as well as the upcoming one. Can't wait to see Josh Allen's cannon arm again. Woo Hoo.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:28 AM

The DirecTV contract expires at the end of 2022. Amazon Prime Video appears to be one of the front runners for the NFL Sunday ticket.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Here's a tip that my nephew does for the NFL network.

He waits until the first game of the regular season, then calls and ask for a discount.
He never said what the discount is but, hey, a discount is better than paying full price.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:34 PM
Default How to Watch Televised Football Games

Per previous posts, I’ve also read this is the final year of Sunday Ticket requiring DirectTV dish. The article I read suggested Apple streaming as the replacement.
In any case, it seems the “dish on the roof” requirement (for NFL) will be going away for 2023.
Closed Thread

Tags
games, watch, ideas, internet, placing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.