New England Patriots Talk

Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
"
"One of your teams"...sounds like a pink hat to me! Real football fans root for one team all their lives. You don't change your allegiances to suit your arguments. You live & die with ONE TEAM!!!!
I disagree. I happen to root for one team all my life; live and die with one team. However, I love the sport of football so much that I have other teams that I enjoy watching just because they play so well, or there is a particularly good matchup. I don't think that makes me a traitor to the Steelers. NFL ticket has enabled me to watch good football all day Sunday and view a lot of good games. Followed, of course, by Monday and Thursday games.

I consider the Giants (although not playing well) and the Broncos and the Packers and the Colts to be "my" teams too--AFTER the Steelers.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Oh, and the Saints too.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
One of "my" teams cause I have never ever forgiven the Pats for the Dolphin blizzard playoff game when they cleared the area for their kicker. So, any team that keeps them out of the Bowl is MY team. (BTW -- Was a Fish fan since '68 but when they hired Johnson, I couldn't stomach it and started rooting for SF.)
You keep changing your allegiance and consider yourself a fan? Whatever!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I disagree. I happen to root for one team all my life; live and die with one team. However, I love the sport of football so much that I have other teams that I enjoy watching just because they play so well, or there is a particularly good matchup. I don't think that makes me a traitor to the Steelers. NFL ticket has enabled me to watch good football all day Sunday and view a lot of good games. Followed, of course, by Monday and Thursday games.

I consider the Giants (although not playing well) and the Broncos and the Packers and the Colts to be "my" teams too--AFTER the Steelers.
I too have th NFL Ticket and love a great football game but unless my team is playing I don't care who wins! There are teams I love to see lose but that's a different story!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
You keep changing your allegiance and consider yourself a fan? Whatever!
Keep changing???? The Dolphins threw my allegiance out the window when they hired Jimmy Johnson as coach and put Shula in the head office. Any team willing to hire someone that slimey did not want me or anyone else as a fan. I stuck with the Fish when they won and when they lost before that. I cheered and literally cried for them and I even tried to root for them when Johnson was coach but I just couldn't do it. I quit watching football for several years because of it.

I love the Niners. Not like I loved Miami, but they are from my home area and I've known many of the players in the past. So, I won't apologize for switching loyalties but I'll be danged if anyone has the right to say I'm not a fan because I felt betrayed by my team and started rooting for my home team.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Even though I'm a Patriot fan I also care how the Bengals do as I'M a buckeye. I'm presently rooting for San Fran as we have good friends in california. I also sometimes root for Pittsburg as I've met some or the most down to earth people from there and quite frankly just like these areas.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Where was LaGarrette Blount today? Did he show up drunk or something? He made a couple of runs for no gain early in the third period and I didn't see him the rest of the game. According to all the experts, he was supposed to be a major factor today.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
One of "my" teams cause I have never ever forgiven the Pats for the Dolphin blizzard playoff game when they cleared the area for their kicker. So, any team that keeps them out of the Bowl is MY team. (BTW -- Was a Fish fan since '68 but when they hired Johnson, I couldn't stomach it and started rooting for SF.)
You hold a grudge against something that a that a team did over 30 years ago that was perfectly legal at the time?

Do you think that Don Shula, or any other NFL coach at the time, would not have done the same thing?

Never mind that the coach, players, head office personnel and owners of that team have changed since then.

You quit being Dolphins fan because you think that Jimmy Johnson is "slimey"?

Really, this is why you root for or against a football team? Really ??.

BTW: I've never know Jimmy Johnson to be anything other than a class act.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry duplicate post

Old 01-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Quite frankly I'm really shocked the pats made it this far with the distractions and injury losses this year.
It really does say a lot about the genius of Bill Belichick and the awesome talent of Tom Brady. No other coach and quarterback could have done so much with so little.

They looked terrible today and I was really surprised that LaGarrette Blount hardly played at all. He was supposed to be a major factor. I wonder if he caught the flu from Tom Brady?

Old 01-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It really does say a lot about the genius of Bill Belichick and the awesome talent of Tom Brady. No other coach and quarterback could have done so much with so little.

They looked terrible today and I was really surprised that LaGarrette Blount hardly played at all. He was supposed to be a major factor. I wonder if he caught the flu from Tom Brady?
I totally forgot about Blount today. Certainly considering all the losses of key personel on three levels it does say a lot for Belichik. It's been a double disappointment day as San Fran just loss. Oh well. Next year.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
started rooting for my home team.
This is where it all started. You "started rooting for your home team" Why didn't you do that from the beginning.I've always rooted for nothing but my home teams.The Red Sox,Bruins,Celtics & Patriots have been my teams because I was born in Massachusetts. Doesn't matter if they didn't win!I'll never understand why anybody roots for anyone but their home teams!!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

But is your home team where you were born, grew up or where you have lived the longest? I was born and grew up in New Hampshire but I have lived the longest (if you add up all the different times) in Seattle. So I cheer for both the Patriots and the Seahawks and only have a conflict when they play each other. And what do the people do who's team leaves town and moves are they still suppose to root for them then.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
This is where it all started. You "started rooting for your home team" Why didn't you do that from the beginning.I've always rooted for nothing but my home teams.The Red Sox,Bruins,Celtics & Patriots have been my teams because I was born in Massachusetts. Doesn't matter if they didn't win!I'll never understand why anybody roots for anyone but their home teams!!
Probably because I'd traveled so long that my "home" was pretty much where my family hung their hats. I finally figured SF was my home after I'd lived there for 10 years -- the longest I'd ever stayed in one spot my entire life. I used to think that if we stayed in one country, let alone one area, for 12 months, it was home.

Never liked Al Davis and the Raiders, so there was no way they could be my team. Lived in the East Bay so it was hard to root for any SF team -- almost betraying my neighbors if I did. Saw the Dolphins, loved Mercury Morris, loved that they were the last penalized team year after year, so they became my team for a long, long time and truly did have my heart.

Regardless of the whys, to accuse someone of not being a fan because they change loyalties for whatever reason is just wrong in my book.

(And I will now fade away into the sunset since I am not a Pats fan and I probably never should have posted on this thread. My apologies.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Sage
Default Football fans

Season over. Wait till next year.

Belechick and Brady have formed a potent combination of brains and talent.
Belechick is a master at game plans, and Brady is one of the best, at executing a game plan.

They just came up short today. Manning showed why he is a great quarterback, as he takes what the defense allows him, and is like having a coach on the field.

I hope Peyton, gets his second ring!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.