NFL'S New Policy Regarding National Anthem

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage

Please source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
It has been suggested that the players, maybe, should not be in this country.

Maybe before deported, the NFL will consult with the union this time.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

I hope all YOU season ticket holders remember what these overpaid players are doing to the game and our country. I had students who would not stand for the pledge because they said it was not their country. I told them, "It is my country and you will not disrespect it as long as you are in my classroom" Everyone of them had to stand. I took plenty of s--- from some liberal administrators, but I would not give in, and I won. I can't wait for the college football season to start. GO GATORS! I used to be a Jet fan, but after owner Johnson said he would pay their fines if they would not stand, I say: "Goodbye Jets"
Old 05-25-2018, 07:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This policy is pure hogwash. Forcing people to act patriotic? What is the point?
The point is that this is not the time or place for their so-called protest. They are being overpaid to do their jobs, not protest. I have no problem with their right to protest; my problem is where and when. If they, especially that Kaepernick, have a problem with America, then this country also affords them the freedom to go live in another country. As Merle Haggard says in a song, "They love our milk and honey, but preach about another way of living...".

Funny thing, isn't it, that they can be "offended" but the other 99.9% can't. Their hypocrisy really stood out when they panicked over the police threatening to no longer provide security.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 05-25-2018, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
The point is that this is not the time or place for their so-called protest. They are being overpaid to do their jobs, not protest. I have no problem with their right to protest; my problem is where and when. If they, especially that Kaepernick, have a problem with America, then this country also affords them the freedom to go live in another country. As Merle Haggard says in a song, "They love our milk and honey, but preach about another way of living...".

Funny thing, isn't it, that they can be "offended" but the other 99.9% can't. Their hypocrisy really stood out when they panicked over the police threatening to no longer provide security.
You do have point here. But where else would they protest to get the attention that this matter does deserves? Racism is still a huge problem in the United States as well as elsewhere.

If a celebrity has a platform where they can really change hearts and minds for the better, then they should use it.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

NFL players contribute time, money in wake of protests

"Of course, kneeling and “awareness” do nothing to change the status quo, so the correct next question is: what, besides kneeling, are players doing to improve their worlds? Below is a list, by team, of efforts NFL players are making in the wake of the protests to improve their own communities.

(Note: This list doesn’t include the many individual charitable efforts that were already in motion before the protest story flared up, nor does it include charitable work not directly related to the protests, like Houston’s Deshaun Watson giving his first game check to help Hurricane Harvey victims or two Redskins helping an underprivileged boy buy an xBox. But those efforts continue, too.)
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
NFL players contribute time, money in wake of protests

"Of course, kneeling and “awareness” do nothing to change the status quo, so the correct next question is: what, besides kneeling, are players doing to improve their worlds? Below is a list, by team, of efforts NFL players are making in the wake of the protests to improve their own communities.

(Note: This list doesn’t include the many individual charitable efforts that were already in motion before the protest story flared up, nor does it include charitable work not directly related to the protests, like Houston’s Deshaun Watson giving his first game check to help Hurricane Harvey victims or two Redskins helping an underprivileged boy buy an xBox. But those efforts continue, too.)
They do great good in their communities for the most part. There are some bad ones as there are in any group of people.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You do have point here. But where else would they protest to get the attention that this matter does deserves? Racism is still a huge problem in the United States as well as elsewhere.

If a celebrity has a platform where they can really change hearts and minds for the better, then they should use it.
Most people i know judge people individually as they get to know that persons values, or lack thereof.

Science tells us dna has a big influence in values.

Perhaps there is a lazy gene that hinders ones ability to ever get a job, just as there is a warrior gene that makes people prone to violence, addictions and irresponsible reproduction.

The longer we ignore the science of dna, the more irrational people will become in blaming others for their shortcomings.

The same dna that made them nfl players makes them more prone to crime etc.

NFL is work. You protest. You get fired and banned from NFL.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
So not a word of deportation? Just a man with his opinion. And most of working America agreees with it.
I simply responded to a request for links. I did not say it, but if these players don't deserve to live in this country, then deportation is the only way out.

I do agree with you that this is, and always has been political.

My comments are simply responding to open questions by some posters.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
I simply responded to a request for links. I did not say it, but if these players don't deserve to live in this country, then deportation is the only way out.

You added deportation as fake news. Thank you
Old 05-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:

Most are here in the USA on talent VISAs or were born here or are in some other way citizens.

I am quite proud of fellow University of Nevada, Reno alumnus Colin Kaepernick for taking a stand on something he believed in. Probably a stupid move without thinking the consequences out and he made even more bone headed decisions after that.

There was a lot of racism in Milwaukee and its suburbs when I lived there and Reno had/has it as well. Both places me and Kaeperneck share in common. Colin Kaepernick - Wikipedia
Old 05-25-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
You added deportation as fake news. Thank you
Okay...you pick the word.

I could not come up with another word for not allowing an American citizen in the country.

Sorry deportation offended you.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Most people i know judge people individually as they get to know that persons values, or lack thereof.

Science tells us dna has a big influence in values.

Perhaps there is a lazy gene that hinders ones ability to ever get a job, just as there is a warrior gene that makes people prone to violence, addictions and irresponsible reproduction.

The longer we ignore the science of dna, the more irrational people will become in blaming others for their shortcomings.

The same dna that made them nfl players makes them more prone to crime etc.

NFL is work. You protest. You get fired and banned from NFL.
Very interesting.

So, DNA will tell us who is lazy and who lacks values, etc ?

Have any links for that...interesting
Old 05-25-2018, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Very interesting.

Looks like FAKE science.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Very interesting.

You are correct. I guess the nfl is not 90% white due to discrimination.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
You are correct. I guess the nfl is not 90% white due to discrimination.
O wait its not about discrimination or dna. Its that they work harder.

Lol
Closed Thread

Tags
players, anthem, stand, owners, national

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.