NY Jets

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Gold member
Default NY Jets

Any Jets fans out there? Great game last night against the Bengals. It'll be interesting next week when these teams meet again.
Are there any places where Jets fans congregate for these games?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Bosoxfan

Yes ..In New York..Good Luck!! LOL
Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Yes ..In New York..Good Luck!! LOL
Figures it would be a N.E. fan who would reply. LOL
I was at the first game between the Jets and the Patriots. Now that was a great game!!! I've been to many, many Jet games but never saw one like that. Who woulda thought the Jets could put a whuppin on the mighty Patriots.
Too bad Welker got hurt yesterday. That pretty much finished up N.E. this year. I was hoping to see another N.E.-N.Y. matchup this year.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Great Game!!

The Jets played an AWESOME game last night...one of the best I've seen this year! I think they may really surprise us in the upcoming play-offs...just like the Giants did a couple of years ago!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 PM

YESSSSS, I am proud to say that I am a loyal and long suffering Jet fan. Last night's game was an awesome performance by a struggling but great football team. Number one team in the NFL for rushing and number one defense. Hopefully Sanchez is coming into his own. Blue, last night's game was a great win but, the greatest Jet game ever???? Did you forget the 1969 Super Bowl against the unbeatable Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 AM
Veteran member

That 1969 Jet game was truly the best game ever. I was not able to talk for a week because I was hoarse.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
YESSSSS, I am proud to say that I am a loyal and long suffering Jet fan. Last night's game was an awesome performance by a struggling but great football team. Number one team in the NFL for rushing and number one defense. Hopefully Sanchez is coming into his own. Blue, last night's game was a great win but, the greatest Jet game ever???? Did you forget the 1969 Super Bowl against the unbeatable Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts?
Bear you're right, the 1969 Super Bowl was the best. My reference was to the best game I've ever attended, which was the first meeting this year between the Jets and the Patriots. The stadium was rocking like I've never seen it before, even when they used to have the shoot-outs with the Dolphins.
I didn't attend the game Sunday night but it appeared that the energy level was similar to the Patriot game.
In 1969 I wasn't avalilabe to go the Super Bowl or any other game that season. Uncle Sam had given me something else to do.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Default Da Jets

It sure is great to be able to talk to some Jet fans. Sometimes I feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up in New England surrounded by Patriot and Boston fans. There coming to get me HA-HA, HA-HA. Hey how about a Jet fan club ? There is strength in numbers. GO JETS !!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Long suffering JET fan here ---also suffering --waiting to move to the Villages --later this year we hope ----

Lets hope they can repeat their performance this Saturday ---so I dont have to say "SAME OLD JETS"

Would like one more shot at NE this year ....
Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Default Jets

Kelsie, I feel your pain. GO JETS
Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
It sure is great to be able to talk to some Jet fans. Sometimes I feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up in New England surrounded by Patriot and Boston fans. There coming to get me HA-HA, HA-HA. Hey how about a Jet fan club ? There is strength in numbers. GO JETS !!!!!!!
Sounds good to me Bear. We're in the process of having a home built in TV. Closing is scheduled for March 4. We'll snowbird for awhile but will be back in TV next season. I was hoping to find some Jets fans. I'd sure hate to be stuck rooting for Tampa Bay or Jacksonville.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Default Jets & Pats Fans Can Coexist?

Hey all you deluded Jets fans out there, my lady is a Jets fan also since the days of Willie Joe...she's not a hard core fan like myself when it comes to football like I am with the Pats (been behind them since day 1 & all those miserable years)...but she has taught me to stay behind our division 1st and then the AFC in the big one as she enjoyed watching the Pats win 3 Super Bowls with me...so if the Pats go down and the Jets roll on...count me in as a Jets fan.
SO...

GO PATS...if not, GO JETS

We've been watching the games at Gators Dockside...see you there...if you're real fans! LOL

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Bosoxfan
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
Hey all you deluded Jets fans out there, my lady is a Jets fan also since the days of Willie Joe...she's not a hard core fan like myself when it comes to football like I am with the Pats (been behind them since day 1 & all those miserable years)...but she has taught me to stay behind our division 1st and then the AFC in the big one as she enjoyed watching the Pats win 3 Super Bowls with me...so if the Pats go down and the Jets roll on...count me in as a Jets fan.
SO...

We've been watching the games at Gators Dockside...see you there...if you're real fans! LOL
Pats first I understand but Jets next..WRONG Where I come from in massachusetts we never root for a team from NEW York!!Stop listening to your lady and come to your senses man!!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
SO...

I kind of agree with you. If the Jets aren't there, and we all know rare that happens, I usually root for another division team. The exception was when it was the Giants vs Pats. I think it would have been somehow illegal for a New Yorker to have been rooting for NE in that Superbowl.
Now baseball, that's another story. I KNOW it's illegal for a New Yorker to be a Red Sox fan. We have another name for them, as you probably know. LOL All in good fun, at least for me. Some folks actually get serious about that rivalry. There are hundreds of Boston jokes around here, probably the same ones you have about New York. That's one of the things that make sports great.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Any Jets fans out there? Great game last night against the Bengals. It'll be interesting next week when these teams meet again.
Are there any places where Jets fans congregate for these games?
The Beef O'Bradey's in Colony Plaza has a pretty good Jet turnout for games.
Go Jets!

I remember Broadway Joe, still one of my favorites.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.