QB Class of 2012 the Best?

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage
Default QB Class of 2012 the Best?

Article today in the New York Daily News saying this years QB may be the best yet. Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck or RGIII. This is over the class of Elway, Marino and Kelly. Even better than Rothelsberger. Eli Manning, Philip River and Matt Schaub. Which QB would you like to have and why?

I'll start. I like RGIII because of his running ability and he makes things happen. As a Giants fan, I know he will drive me crazy in the years to come. He didn't play like a rookie all year and efficiency passer rating is great.

The great QB debate: Don't be surprised if Class of 2012 - Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson - goes down as NFL's best - NY Daily News

BTW - I am still holding out hope the Giants will make the playoffs. Bears, Viking and Cowboys have to lose and the Giants need to win against the Eagles..

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm not sure that I have an opinion on which of these guys is the best, but the problem that I see with the RGIII type QBs in the NFL is they almost always get hurt. He's out now as is Michael Vick.
That type of play works great in college and it works for a while in the NFL but eventually these type of QBs end up getting tackled hard or in some awkward position and are out for a good part of the season.
The last really great one that had a long career was Fran Tarkenton and that was a different era. There were no defensive linemen like Vince Wilfork.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The class of Elway, Marino and Kelly will be difficult to beat by these 3 rookies. I like RGIII as I think he is a very well spoken role model for younger players. However his style of play will not survive more then a couple of the current type of play seasons. He must change or he will fail long term. If you saw his leg injury where his knee actually went the wrong direction you will know he can't take that kind of punishment very long. Elway, Marino and Kelly proved over a long career that they were capable of delivering a leadership style of play that took their teams to Super Bowl contenders multiple times. This years crop has only just begun that journey. Andrew Luck may make it as he seems to have better survival techniques then some. RGIII will be lucky to make it more then a year or two unless he develops that skill. I sincerely hope they all three do outstanding as great QB's really make this game what it is today. Tom Brady has made the Patriots a contender for a dozen years and has been a leader on and off the field and an inspiration to so many young players. We need more like him. So I wish these three rookies the best.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Gold member

I have watched Russell Wilson throughout his college career and now in his first year in the NFL. I firmly believe that he will be the best of all of these QB's. He is a very smart (graduated from NC State in 3 years playing both baseball and football) articulate young man that just doesn't make the same mistake twice. The Seahawks have now outscored their opponents 150 - 30 over the past 3 games (Arizona, San Francisco and the Bills). He currently has a 98 passing rating and has run for over 450 yards. He is one TD pass away from Peyton Manning's rookie record with 25. He will avoid injury. He learned from his early days at NC State and now really knows how to protect himself. There are many other qualities he has but it can be summed up with he has athleticism, is very determined to be successfull, has a huge heart and a great mind. He may not be the standard sized NFL QB but neither was Tarkenton or Brees. He was completely underrated because of his height but I know that he will end up being the best of this group.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Sage

I'll let you know in 3 years. Until then who really knows? Cam had a great 2011 and coaches figured him out this year. I think Luck, Wilson and possibly RG3 are the real thing though. It will be fun to watch as Brady and the Mannings and Brees are still playing well.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
but the problem that I see with the RGIII type QBs in the NFL is they almost always get hurt. He's out now
He's back! Should be a great game against Dallas for the East title.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Default best quarterback

At first I thought that it would be a god thing for the Packers to play RG3 because it would mean that they are in the playoffs. However, on 2nd thought, I'm not so sure because the Packers are the only team to loose to both Luck and Wilson.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
He's back! Should be a great game against Dallas for the East title.
Wilson's and Luck's teams are in the playoffs already. Tomorrow game beween the Redskins and Cowboys are for all the marbles. I want RGIII to win it and all three of this rookie crop may get to play one another.

I am looking forwrad to it.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.