Replacement Refs

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Sage
Default Replacement Refs

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of the replacement refs that don't call holding on the defensive backs. I've seen this on several plays during the Giants game as I'm sure it's happening around the NFL.

It's time for the stupid and greedy owners to realize their product is being damaged and sullied by refs that haven't done an extremely bad job as they don't call holding in college... at least that is the explanation from broadcasters. It's time to bring back the regular refs before any players get hurt by things the refs aren't calling. The owners are acting like they are throwing nickels around like manhole covers. It such a small cost. They talk about being concerned about player safety and the integrity of the game but it's stupid for this to continue and make a mockery of the game as there were several games that were affected last week.

Is anyone else disturbed by the amount of holding that isn't being called?

Whewwwwwwwww......... I feel better now.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 09-17-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: additional comment
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Bosoxfan

What about the "phantom" holding call the cost the Patriots a win .Gronkowski made a clean block!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
What about the "phantom" holding call the cost the Patriots a win .Gronkowski made a clean block!
No problem with that one!

Last edited by bluedog103; 09-17-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: ??
Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM

WELL SAID BLUEDOG,
WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Veteran member

TRRBLE......The worst call I saw was on the Lions QB. He was DOWN. Got up and went 6 yards further back before the whistle blew. Then in order to get back the 6 yards THE LIONS had to throw the red flag using up a contested call ON THEMSELVES.

You're right 2BNTV. . . the game is LOOSING INTEGRITY!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Anyone watching the MNF debacle? This is the worst I have seen! The NFL is jeapardizing a multi-billion dollar enterprise, not to mention endangering the Multi-million dollar athletes for comparative peanuts.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Anyone watching the MNF debacle? This is the worst I have seen! The NFL is jeapardizing a multi-billion dollar enterprise, not to mention endangering the Multi-million dollar athletes for comparative peanuts.
yes, I'm watching this joke. Ready to give up and turn something else on. These refs are throwing flags all over the place. So many calls have been reversed. It's just not entertaining.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Veteran member
Default I agree

[QUOTE=2BNTV;556836]I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of the replacement refs that don't call holding on the defensive backs. I've seen this on several plays during the Giants game as I'm sure it's happening around the NFL.

It's time for the stupid and greedy owners to realize their product is being damaged and sullied by refs that haven't done an extremely bad job as they don't call holding in college... at least that is the explanation from broadcasters. It's time to bring back the regular refs before any players get hurt by things the refs aren't calling. The owners are acting like they are throwing nickels around like manhole covers. It such a small cost. They talk about being concerned about player safety and the integrity of the game but it's stupid for this to continue and make a mockery of the game as there were several games that were affected last week.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Gold member

I have no problem with the refs. They are replacements,will not be around for long.Takes years in the NFL to get it right.Game here is so much faster than the college game. Seen many good calls also with the replacements.Relax the game is being played. Know many college and pro refs,they have to get use to the speed.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
That was my first thought when I saw the title of the post. It's a shame that's not reviewable, especially with a bunch of amateur referees.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
That was my first thought when I saw the title of the post. It's a shame that's not reviewable, especially with a bunch of amateur referees.
I do not think of them as amateurs, They are professional and in the NFL.They have spent years and years learning to call a fair game.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Default replacement refs

One would think that in a country of well over 300 million pleople we could find enough great refs that would want to work for 160-180k, plus expenses, for the year, just like one would think that we could find 32 great quaterbacks.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Sage
Default Embarrassing on MNF

Replacement refs article.

Replacement refs in over their heads on ‘Monday Night Football’ | Audibles

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thanks for the link. And, it was NOT only last night. Anyone who thinks these replacements are doing a good job is either very charitable or doesn't watch the games. 3 and a half hour game??? Hey Refs, thanks for controlling the game. NOT! Well, at least the regulars will be back by Week 4 unless Roger Goodell wants to kill his golden goose.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
No problem with that one!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.