So they were CHEATING

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoni View Post
Everyone seems to forget, if these under inflated balls in the first half were so great, why did the a Patriots make most of their points in the second half? Just wondering...
They didn't.

Actually they scored the same in both halves. 14 + 14 for 28 total. And all scores were PASS plays.

Just clarifying. Still don't think the balls were the difference. Seattle's pass play call at the end was the difference maker.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
No doubt deflated ....big doubt about how it happened . Every thing thus far is speculation. More probable then not.....what's that?
What's that? Sounds like Brady and Bellichick to me
Old 05-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Gold member

Las Vegas giving odds on Brady Suspension
Old 05-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
They didn't.

Actually they scored the same in both halves. 14 + 14 for 28 total. And all scores were PASS plays.

Just clarifying. Still don't think the balls were the difference. Seattle's pass play call at the end was the difference maker.
Maybe you have the wrong game here for the subject at hand?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Maybe you have the wrong game here for the subject at hand?
That's what I was thinking.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Here's a quote from the Boston Herald:
"But wait, buried on the 228th page was this nugget: "In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain."

No wonder Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Wells' findings were "incomprehensible" in a statement that ripped the report."
Owner Kraft called the conclusion "incomprehensible" like you said, but also added, The Patriots would accept the findings and any subsequent discipline!!! (Like he knows something is coming) Evidence showed, McNally took the game balls into the bathroom adjacent to the field, before play started. Also, a text message : Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for Tom to sign, one said!! It is what it is, and no matter what, if cheating is involved, there needs to be a punishment. It's not like players taking an enhancement drug etc, but still its cheating, and a violation occurred.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The only noteworthy news emanating from the NFL is they have greed to waiver their tax-exempt status.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
They didn't.

Wrong game. The underinflated balls were found in the 45 -7 defeat of the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. The Patriots scored 17 points in the first half and 28 points in the second half.

The Patriots got a lot of yardage and points from their running game.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I like a good joke as much as anyone, so I laughed when the NFL released its long-awaited decision on "Deflategate," because it's funny.

Have we waited since January to find out today that maybe the NFL knows what happened, and maybe it doesn't? But we should be satisfied because the NFL is "at least generally aware" of what went on, which is the same silly standard the league is pinning on Tom Brady.

There are many things that I'm "generally aware of" that I really don't know much about. For example, the weather, and computers.

So I think the NFL owed Tom Brady a higher standard; say "beyond a reasonable doubt" or "preponderance of the evidence" before it judges him guilty.

Instead, the NFL convicts the Patriot's quarterback by concluding "it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities..."

Well, that's just another way of the NFL saying, "we think he knew, but we can't prove it. And it's less probable that he wasn't aware."

Interestingly, the NFL trashed Tom Brady's reputation, but stopped short of painting the Patriots team and owner as "generally aware" of doing anything wrong.

Now, the NFL Commissioner says the league will see what steps to take next, including possible disciplinary action.

I think a fitting punishment would be to make everyone in NFL headquarters actually read the entire 243 page report, to see how uncertain it leaves us.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Believing Brain

There is a book out that many would be helped by reading. It is called "The Believing Brain" and it's subject deals with the mind first deciding what it wants to believe and then going about trying to justify that belief. Does it sound familiar with some of the strong opinions in these notes. It is few and far in between when someone first develops their facts and then establishes their beliefs. None of us know for sure what happened with the process of the ball but many have set up their belief and are now fighting to convince they know the facts which actually don't exist. This is traditional thinking. Life is fun isn't it.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is a book out that many would be helped by reading. It is called "The Believing Brain" and it's subject deals with the mind first deciding what it wants to believe and then going about trying to justify that belief. Does it sound familiar with some of the strong opinions in these notes. It is few and far in between when someone first develops their facts and then establishes their beliefs. None of us know for sure what happened with the process of the ball but many have set up their belief and are now fighting to convince they know the facts which actually don't exist. This is traditional thinking. Life is fun isn't it.
Neat. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I like a good joke as much as anyone, so I laughed when the NFL released its long-awaited decision on "Deflategate," because it's funny.

Have we waited since January to find out today that maybe the NFL knows what happened, and maybe it doesn't? But we should be satisfied because the NFL is "at least generally aware" of what went on, which is the same silly standard the league is pinning on Tom Brady.

There are many things that I'm "generally aware of" that I really don't know much about. For example, the weather, and computers.

So I think the NFL owed Tom Brady a higher standard; say "beyond a reasonable doubt" or "preponderance of the evidence" before it judges him guilty.

Instead, the NFL convicts the Patriot's quarterback by concluding "it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities..."

Well, that's just another way of the NFL saying, "we think he knew, but we can't prove it. And it's less probable that he wasn't aware."

Interestingly, the NFL trashed Tom Brady's reputation, but stopped short of painting the Patriots team and owner as "generally aware" of doing anything wrong.

Now, the NFL Commissioner says the league will see what steps to take next, including possible disciplinary action.

I think a fitting punishment would be to make everyone in NFL headquarters actually read the entire 243 page report, to see how uncertain it leaves us.
I read the text messages between the Pats equipment assistants presented in the Wells report. Due to the content and language I had such a good laugh this morning I had coffee go up my nose.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:52 PM

just can't believe Tom would do this
Old 05-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Did better with inflated footballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Wrong game. The underinflated balls were found in the 45 -7 defeat of the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game. The Patriots scored 17 points in the first half and 28 points in the second half.

The Patriots got a lot of yardage and points from their running game.
Not a big Patriot fan but the facts speak for themselves--- they scored better after the balls were inflated than with the balls with "less" air. What does this say? This has to do about nothing IMHO. They just beat the colts like a drum! Get over it---move on.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Bosoxfan

This whole deflategate is ridiculous. NFL has a dog killer, a child molester, A wife beater, and a player that beat his own son with a stick. They're all playing. And everyone is talking about the air in some footballs? Think about it. How small minded can people get?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.