So they were CHEATING

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Sage
Tom Brady never looked better than he did at his appearance at Salem State University tonight. He said he will address this controversy in the not too distant future. We love you, Tom.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Bosoxfan

haha this is what I saw...must look closer next time! N.F.L. Sentences Tom Brady to Year with Jets for Deflategate - The New Yorker
Old 05-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Gold member

Let's just be honest, and admit what is wrong here!!!! Has nothing to do with how many points scored, but that someone tried to deceive the system. You would not (I hope) teach your children to cheat????? Super Bowl rings will not change or will the scores, but discipline must be taken. I'm not a fan of Bonds, Alex Rodrigous, or McGuire because they all cheated, and they are being disciplined. Same thing goes for this. Honesty will always pay!!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Let's just be honest, and admit what is wrong here!!!! Has nothing to do with how many points scored, but that someone tried to deceive the system. You would not (I hope) teach your children to cheat????? Super Bowl rings will not change or will the scores, but discipline must be taken. I'm not a fan of Bonds, Alex Rodrigous, or McGuire because they all cheated, and they are being disciplined. Same thing goes for this. Honesty will always pay!!
Nice post PaPa. Some folks just don't get it, When we see something wrong we are called haters or we are told" WHAT DIFFERANCE DOES IT MAKE" but it's good to see some of us still have values.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
It will be interesting to see what punishment the NFL sees fit for Tom Brady. Will they suspend him from the first game which pits the super bowl champs against the Pittsburgh steelers? This Thursday night opening game is always one of the biggest draws of the season. How many will watch some second or third string quarterback play? Is the NFL willing to hit themselves in the pocketbook?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
haha this is what I saw...must look closer next time! N.F.L. Sentences Tom Brady to Year with Jets for Deflategate - The New Yorker
That is so great.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Gold member

Thanks to drug testing, I now have the exact same number of Tour de France wins as Lance Armstrong.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It will be interesting to see what punishment the NFL sees fit for Tom Brady. Will they suspend him from the first game which pits the super bowl champs against the Pittsburgh steelers? This Thursday night opening game is always one of the biggest draws of the season. How many will watch some second or third string quarterback play? Is the NFL willing to hit themselves in the pocketbook?
Still will be sold out!!!!! Pittsburg is a great draw. Situation will not affect the game
Old 05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Thanks to drug testing, I now have the exact same number of Tour de France wins as Lance Armstrong.
Good one.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
My setiments exactly.

If it isn't importan,why does the league have a psi rule. To go behind officials after the balls have been approved for play is not only cheating ,but a serious breach of faith with the fans in Boston and nationwide.

Nice role model Tom. This kind of stuff plus the growing lists of Felons in the league does not bode well for the sport.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I just heard something very interesting from someone who works for the team.

In that game against the Jets, the ball guys inflated the balls to exactly 12.5 pounds. They gave them to the referee who proceeded to add air to the balls. They checked the balls and found that they were at 16 pounds. Brady was absolutely irate after the game that the refs didn't use a gauge. They simply felt them and said that they were too soft and then filled them up, again without using a gauge.

After that game, Brady told the ball guys to do whatever they needed to do to make sure that the balls were as soft as allowed. He asked them to make sure that the balls were at 12.5. so the ball guys got into the practice of checking the balls any time the referee added air to them and let some air out trying to make the balls exactly 12.5.

They missed their mark by a long way on one of the balls in the Indianapolis game. Ten of the balls were around 12.4 pounds and as we all know now, one was perfect. Brady didn't know exactly what was being done other than his guys were making sure that the balls weren't over inflated.

Nothing is going to be said about this and I believe that the only punishment is going to be a slap on the wrist on the ball handlers. The NFL does not want it to come out that a game was played with balls over inflated by, the referees, well above the legal limit. It wouldn't do to punish referees for causing a game to be played with illegal balls.

The Patriots are not going say anything because they don't want to make enemies of the guys that will be refereeing future games.

The investigators interviewed the referees but there was nothing about what types of gauges they used or whether the gauges had the proper logo on them. What people inside the team are saying is that the ref didn't use a gauge at all. They routinely just felt the balls and would add air to them depending on how they think they felt.

So the question is, were they cheating? Well, were the referees cheating when they inflated balls to 16 pounds? I don't believe so. I think that they were just lax at doing their job. Were the Patriots cheating? In my opinion they were simply trying to protect themselves from incompetent referees by doing what they could to get the balls as soft as possible within the legal limit.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Then there was this little nugget buried on page 228 of the report:

Quote:
In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain.
In other words, they have no evidence that shows there was any tampering, but they think they did it anyway.

No wonder Bob Kraft called this report a travesty.

After three months and untold dollars spent they couldn't come up with anything more than this. What a joke. It's obvious that they are covering up something.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Bosoxfan

Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Interesting site.You Team Cheats.....check it out!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Sage

I really hope the NFL doesn't punish Tom Brady by making him play for the Jets for a year. That's really to severe!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:38 PM

I wonder if anyone questioned other league quarterbacks as to what they have done in the past, I suspect this rule has never been enforced in the past. Why now?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.