Tim Tebow to speak at controversial Dallas church.

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Tim Tebow has canceled his visit to The Frist Baptist Church as he became aware of the pastor's views.

Jets' Tebow cancels speech at controversial Dallas church - NYPOST.com
That is great news. He may be saved after all.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Hats off to him. And I'm glad to know that my character assessment of him was spot-on. I really didn't see him as a fit with that pastor, and I was disappointed that he was speaking there. He does have a presence due to his football, and some people will listen to what he says. So a more inclusive venue in which to say it is good.
Same here. Although, with his profile, he must be more careful who he gets involved with. Hopefully now those that said the pastor was no problem or he had the right to speak wherever he wants should back up a bit for their misstep as even TB recognized how bad a mistake it would have been.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Platinum member

The Lamestream media has scored another point! Lets all be sure to only witness before "like believers" lest we be "haters! Who knows if his message might have been heard and heeded by someone in that church? Thank God Jesus made a point of reaching out to those most in need of his counsel and did not preach exclusively to those who shared his beliefs! But if it makes you feel better that Tebow is bowing to your liberal beliefs so be it!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,341 Times in 2,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
The Lamestream media has scored another point! Lets all be sure to only witness before "like believers" lest we be "haters! Who knows if his message might have been heard and heeded by someone in that church? Thank God Jesus made a point of reaching out to those most in need of his counsel and did not preach exclusively to those who shared his beliefs! But if it makes you feel better that Tebow is bowing to your liberal beliefs so be it!
I doubt if Tebow shares the bigotry you find preached by the Dallas Church in question. The NFL of 2013 would seem to be a very worldly and tolerant place with respect to gay rights and the like. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/sp...mage.html?_r=0
Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

"Bigotry" has more than one definition!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Sage

I would tend to think that Tebow would have given a testimony of GOD's love and how it has affected him for the good that he has achieved.

I don't think he would have the same views as expressd by the controversial pastor and that's why he backed out.

It is just my impression and of course, I could be wrong.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I would tend to think that Tebow would have given a testimony of GOD's love and how it has affected him for the good that he has achieved.

I don't think he would have the same views as expressd by the controversial pastor and that's why he backed out.

It is just my impression and of course, I could be wrong.
Your right. He has said a million words by backing out on that bigoted pastor. When a man or woman uses religion as a way to shield their bigotry, they are more evil than Lucifer.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
"Bigotry" has more than one definition!
My dictionary only has one definition of "bigotry"; "intolerance especially in matters of race, religion, or politics". Please enlighten us as to the other definitions.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot, defined by Merriam-Webster as "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance".[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, political alignment, race, region, religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

It is best for me to leave this thread as everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible. I don't support the notion that it can be watered down to suit ones lifestyle! To each his own!

The administrator took care of the politics and ill censor myself away from discussing religion!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.