What you cookin for superbowl??

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,229 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
And... Boomer, you forgot the most important thing, --- that I catch a man with it!! Whoooo Hooooooo!!
Actually Kathie, I have a little cupid work on my resume. You just never know. (And they have 6 kids now!!! I'm good!)

But there is something you need to understand here. If that happens, if my Macho Nacho recipe gets you the man of your dreams, I expect to be the matron of honor. You would not make me wear a hideous, frilly dress with a big bow on my behind, would you? (I sure hope Tony is sound asleep. I think I am helping you hijack.)

I had better say goodnight. I try to never type after midnight. I can get into trouble when I do that.

Boomer
Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Actually Kathie, I have a little cupid work on my resume. You just never know. (And they have 6 kids now!!! I'm good!)

But there is something you need to understand here. If that happens, if my Macho Nacho recipe gets you the man of your dreams, I expect to be the matron of honor. You would not make me wear a hideous, frilly dress with a big bow on my behind, would you? (I sure hope Tony is sound asleep. I think I am helping you hijack.)

I had better say goodnight. I try to never type after midnight. I can get into trouble when I do that.

Boomer
Boomer I said "catch" a man, I didn't say "marry him"... now go wash your mouth out with soap..... !!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Boomer I said "catch" a man, I didn't say "marry him"... now go wash your mouth out with soap..... !!!!
Ohhhhhhh, I get it. It's like one of my favorite country songs from a few years ago..........

"Live Close By, Visit Often"

OK. I got it.

(Why am I still up???? I told you I get into trouble when I stay up too late.)

Boomer
Old 01-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Dancing Thyme

Boomer, how did you know that was MY favorite song toooooo! Wow, but I added, visit VERY often!!! The keyword here is VISIT!!! Its way past both our bedtimes, so goodnight, Boomer!! Goodnight, Kathie!
Where's Tony when we need him??

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Oh my. The refried beans. And all those men. Oh, Boomer, what are you creating?

And, upon reflection, perhaps this stuff she makes is responsible for her expertise upon certain subjects.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...09&postcount=7
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post

And, upon reflection, perhaps this stuff she makes is responsible for her expertise upon certain subjects.

The worlds shortest fairytale....
Oh Boomer.

Your treatise on flatulance has come back to haunt you!

Tony. YOU are slightly north of the Steelers. We know who you will be rooting for. WHAT are you doing up there in this kind of weather?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Trying to see over the top of the snow.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:

Thought the same thing too.
Is there a pouff smiley?

Back on topic, Buffalo Wings.
( SHHH...Take out from the local Pub, don't ask, don't tell)
Old 01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:

Dear Mr. Tony, Mr. Admin, Sir:

My dissertation on the subject that returns here to haunt me from post past is quite scholarly, I do think. I was simply trying to see if there might be interest in pursuing government funding for a study of the obviously y-chromosome related predisposition to the fascination with the subject of my treatise. It was all in the name of science, Mr. Tony, you who claim to be so scientific, always besmirching English majors.

But now that you call attention to those refried beans in my recipe for Macho Nacho Dip, I see the reason for those men gathering at that buffet table, trying to wolf it all down as fast as they could, trying to get more of it than the next guy. AHA! They were preparing for some primitive competition in addition to the Super Bowl I bet.

And, GG, you will never guess where I got that recipe. I brought it home many years ago from a party in your neck of the Cincinnati woods. That's right, GG, that recipe came from West Chester. And to think I originally thought that you had fled Cincinnati to get away from this awful weather. But it looks like you might have also known that there would be a cloud over West Chester on Super Bowl Sunday. You are double smart, GG, double smart to have fled for The Villages........unless my Macho Nacho Dip catches on there.

uh oh, I am writing on that topic again. I am going to have to go get Mr. Boomer and have him get me out of this house where I have been snowed and iced in for far too long.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-31-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Soaring Parsley

Well, this is just great. I left my house for the first time since last Sunday. We hitched up the dog sled team and away we went, out into the world to inject the economy. We went to Best Buy and bought a Slingbox. (I am not sure what that is, but I read about it here on TOTV, and so I needed one. I still don't know what it is though.) And then we went out to dinner, a fortifying dinner of high carbs. The place was packed, lots of people injecting the economy along with injecting those high carbs. (note to self -- take a look at Darden stock.)

And then, and then, and then, on the way home, you will not believe what happened. I flipped on the radio in the dog sled. It was time for Garrison Keillor's show, Prairie Home Companion. GK is one of those men I shamelessly love from afar.

Anyway, I tuned in GK, just in time for the Guy Noir skit that GK does every week. And you will never guess what the topic of the Guy Noir script was tonight. Yeah, you guessed it. The same thing as my dissertation topic here. The very same thing. A woman who came to see Guy Noir was complaining about men finding such humor and joy in farts.

The script even had jokes about those things in it. And so help me....I laughed. Yes, I laughed. I laughed out loud. I nearly collapsed and fell off the dog sled from laughing at those stupid, stupid fart jokes. Have I been snowed in for that long? Have I regressed that far? What in the world is the matter with me?

I must have been laughing at the irony. Yes, yes, that was it. It was the irony of such a topic being on the radio, on NPR of all things, on the same day as I had been writing about it.

So what am I? Am I destined to always be 6 degrees of separation from that topic. Not even 6 degrees even. Kathie starts a nice little thread. I contribute a nice little recipe for Macho Nacho Dip. And then Tony gets in it. And then Garrison Keillor gets in it. All within a few hours. Degrees of separation I guess. Weird. (I would try to stream the Guy Noir skit from Prairie Home Companion here for you, but the jokes were quite unseemly you know.)

And, btw, we are invited to a Super Bowl party. I am taking chocolate chip cookies.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-31-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Boomer,
I'm sure someone else will make the Bean Dip!PU
Old 01-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
........ So what am I? Am I destined to always be 6 degrees of separation from that topic. Not even 6 degrees even. Kathie starts a nice little thread. I contribute a nice little recipe for Macho Nacho Dip. And then Tony gets in it. And then Garrison Keillor gets in it. All within a few hours. Degrees of separation I guess. Weird. (I would try to stream the Guy Noir skit from Prairie Home Companion here for you, but the jokes were quite unseemly you know.)

And, btw, we are invited to a Super Bowl party. I am taking chocolate chip cookies.
Boomer
Boomer, no Macho Nachos for me anymore. You've me to change my contribution to plain sugar cookies. At least the new man in my life will be "gas free?" But remember, he'll only be visiting... Have fun at your party!!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
.... At least the new man in my life will be "gas free?".....
Ohhhhh, Kathie, Kathie, Kathie, poor naive Kathie,

There is no such thing.

Finding such a man would be like finding a unicorn. No chance.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-31-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.