Builders Warranty

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Builders Warranty

Closed on our CYV on May 10, 2010. In early April 2011 we contracted with a qualified House Inspector(Tom Comer) to check our home and prepare a written report so that we could submit to the Villages Warranty Dept. The inspection was completed last Wed and submitted the next day. By friday the builder had called and came out to fix a few of the minor descrepencies. Buy the next friday all of the contractors had made appointments and completed repairs to my satisfaction. All were polite , on time, and performed compitently. We have owned five other new houses over the last 49 years and never have we had the process go as well. Regardless of issues that many posters have with the developers, they have a well managed process that has served us well. The more time we spend here, the more confident we are tat we made a good decision.
(Disclaimer) we have no relationship with the developer and other than stated above have had no conversations with them or their employees or agents.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Sage

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I totally agree on this one. Their finely-oiled machine has it down to a fine art (how's that for mixed metaphors?) when it comes to warranty repairs on new homes. I have never seen responses be so prompt, efficient and well done elsewhere. The home warranty department is a joy to deal with; the workers who come to do the repairs are friendly, efficient, knowledgeable. For all of their faults, the Morses, et al., have built a beautiful development and deserve all kudos they get for this work of art.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold member
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I totally agree on this one. Their finely-oiled machine has it down to a fine art (how's that for mixed metaphors?) when it comes to warranty repairs on new homes. I have never seen responses be so prompt, efficient and well done elsewhere. The home warranty department is a joy to deal with; the workers who come to do the repairs are friendly, efficient, knowledgeable. For all of their faults, the Morses, et al., have built a beautiful development and deserve all kudos they get for this work of art.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.