Lamp post House Signs-Vendor Options?

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2022, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

Keith1911....same thing happened to me. Bob Martin signs also does the names and graphics on golf carts. Great company to deal with
Old 02-04-2022, 06:53 AM

That is what happens when you get something that is not standard. They actually do great work with their standard inventory selections, and it is usually installed in less than two weeks. Don't blame them for the delay. If you go to McDonald's and order a 1/4 pounder with ketchup, no onions, no mustard...the same thing happens.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:58 AM

We ordered our post sign from Farris, we did have problems about a month timeframe. But remember many vendors are not receiving their supplies in a timely manner
Old 02-04-2022, 06:59 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Lamppost sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Golly View Post
I've ordered from "Signs by Jackie" as I had a certificate from my realtor after we bought a villa last summer.

I provided the graphic for the design (I'm a designer) and I didn't order anything complicated. It was not a great experience customer service wise but I proceeded to order. I went to pay and afterward was told the time frame for delivery is 10-12 weeks! I was assuming it was up to 3 weeks as their website stated. Not happy.

Any suggestions on vendors for address and name signs for the lamp post in TV, with a timely turnaround? I'm thinking of canceling that order.
Jackie did fine by us. Prettiest sign on the block.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:07 AM
Default lamppost sign

I would recommend Bob Martin Signs.... great work
Old 02-04-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Golly View Post
I've ordered from "Signs by Jackie" as I had a certificate from my realtor after we bought a villa last summer.

I provided the graphic for the design (I'm a designer) and I didn't order anything complicated. It was not a great experience customer service wise but I proceeded to order. I went to pay and afterward was told the time frame for delivery is 10-12 weeks! I was assuming it was up to 3 weeks as their website stated. Not happy.

Any suggestions on vendors for address and name signs for the lamp post in TV, with a timely turnaround? I'm thinking of canceling that order.
What came up when you did a google? Just curious.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You ordered something that isn't one of their standard options. You created your own new design. That means they have to create a new template, they can't use any of the dozens of existing templates. So they'll get to it when they get to it. Their standard stuff comes within 2-3 weeks, because they only have to pull out the existing templates and press them into the machine.

Also, you can't order a custom sign online, you have to call them and talk to someone directly. So it shouldn't matter what the website says about turnaround time, it should only matter what the person on the other end of the phone told you about turnaround time.
I couldn’t have said it better myself!!!
Old 02-04-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I bought one of those signs that lights up years ago from a vendor at Sumter landing.

The lights died, does anyone know are they still around?

I still have the glass design.
We have a lighted sign by Jackie bought 10 years ago. Still worked but sign needed to be repainted so went back to Jackie’s and they refurbished our sign for about half the cost of a new one. Took about 6 weeks or so. Very happy with our refurbished sign, looks brand new! Highly recommend Signs by Jackie.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:05 AM

Village Graphics 352.446.1000
Old 02-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Default Martin Signs

They are great and will be much quicker. We've used them for our sign and golf cart.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
I just ordered a standard sign and was told it would take three months. Not three weeks.
As in most things that are Florida-specific, web designers don't keep up with the websites of the companies they design websites for. The owner of Jackie's probably wouldn't know how to design a website even if he had the instruction manual. He paid someone to create it for him, and maybe MAYBE remembers to ask the designer to update it every few years.

Most local (non-chain) restaurants around here don't even have websites of their own, you still have to call them on the phone or physically go to the store just to see their menu, or go to Facebook and send a message, and hope that they answer you within the week.

Welcome to Florida, where Google Pay was an afterthought that they finally realized was useful last year, and where you have to pay an extra fee for the privilege of paying your tax bill by credit card.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Sent Signs by Jackie artwork for my custom sign. The graphic artist there then sent me a proof to OK. Sign turned out exactly as planned. And after many years it still looks new.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:59 AM

I went with Ace Hardware. 1 week
Old 02-04-2022, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

What's the difference. 3 weeks...3 months. Who cares. You're retired. Relax. Have a drink. Jackies did a great job on our lighted sign.

Last edited by JP; 02-04-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Custom work takes much longer, try another vendor .
Closed Thread

Tags
order, lamp, weeks, post, signs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.