Swimming pools education

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2023, 02:45 PM
Default Swimming pools education

We haven't tried any of the numerous swimming pools here in TV, yet. Browsing the recreational activities, water volleyball caught my eye, reminding me of some fun times several decades ago at a Club Med. There was alcohol involved.

I called the phone number last weekend for one of the upcoming water volleyball sessions that was listed to be occurring later that day. First, it wasn't clear whether this would be an "open" session or an "organized" session or something in between. We decided that maybe just showing up and checking things out might be the best course of action. Just before hanging up the phone, I decided to make sure about whether alcohol would/could be involved. Whoa! You'd think I'd inquired about nude sunbathing - or *worse*!

Whilst I already had some "feel" for there being different types of pools (ages allowed, primarily), with concentrated research I now have a *much* better understanding. Guess there are three basic types plus the country club variety, with the water volleyball pools being part of the "sports pool" category.

Bottom line, might there be some adult type pools where one might be more likely to find a "party" type crowd on one of these sweltering summer evenings? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Yes, your own private pool, or a cooperative neighbors pool!
Old 08-10-2023, 05:42 PM

I used to swim regularly at Laurel Manor. I was there one day when a water polo team arrived to practice. First they are all built like Amazonians, some of the women are bigger than the men, they literally just take over. I had a bag on a table with my meager bits and pieces in it, that was unceremoniously dumped on the floor and I was left scrabbling around picking up my "stuff". Then they started their warm up and the only thing I can compare it with is the New Zealand rugby team when they do their war dance. These people are not there to have fun, they are there for the kill. When they finally start to play polo their screams are deafening. But, they are definitely enjoying themselves.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Bottom line, might there be some adult type pools where one might be more likely to find a "party" type crowd on one of these sweltering summer evenings? Thanks in advance.
Yes, at Club Med...
The socializing at TV adult pools will be a bit more sedate, although I'm sure drink containers in the seating areas contain alcohol. Food and drink are acceptable -- just not in the wawa. All TV pools close at dusk.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
We haven't tried any of the numerous swimming pools here in TV, yet. Browsing the recreational activities, water volleyball caught my eye, reminding me of some fun times several decades ago at a Club Med. There was alcohol involved.

I called the phone number last weekend for one of the upcoming water volleyball sessions that was listed to be occurring later that day. First, it wasn't clear whether this would be an "open" session or an "organized" session or something in between. We decided that maybe just showing up and checking things out might be the best course of action. Just before hanging up the phone, I decided to make sure about whether alcohol would/could be involved. Whoa! You'd think I'd inquired about nude sunbathing - or *worse*!

Whilst I already had some "feel" for there being different types of pools (ages allowed, primarily), with concentrated research I now have a *much* better understanding. Guess there are three basic types plus the country club variety, with the water volleyball pools being part of the "sports pool" category.

The sports pools are for residents 30+ years old looking to exercise and improve/maintain their fitness level. If you’re looking to “party” at a pool either build your own or dive bomb one of the family/neighborhood pools that are being invaded by short term AirBnB type renters.
Old 08-11-2023, 04:40 AM

Lol

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, volleyball, water, club, alcohol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.