CDC Clarifies Letter to Cruise Lines

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2021, 08:15 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

The needs of the many have already been satisfied, it is the needs of the few that are being catered to now. The many have had their vaccinations and are almost entirely safe from the virus. Those who are unsafe are those who have now actively chosen not to be vaccinated.

Spoken like Spock .. extremely logical

The few who make bad decisions must live, or die, with that decision.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are also kids, who can't get vaccinated because they're under the recommended minimum age. You have to account for them being potential passengers as well. They can't have proof of being allergic since that's not the case at all. But their passports/birth certificates would be proof that they are exempt from being vaccinated.
Several problems with using children as leverage but let's try this.... What is the recommended minimum age in July when ships *might* start sailing or 2022 when ships will likely be sailing? My crystal ball doesn't work that well but I know I saw a headline suggesting the minimum age might be 12 before the end of the month.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-04-2021, 08:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Several problems with using children as leverage but let's try this.... What is the recommended minimum age in July when ships *might* start sailing or 2022 when ships will likely be sailing? My crystal ball doesn't work that well but I know I saw a headline suggesting the minimum age might be 12 before the end of the month.
I've heard that as well. They anticipate that the minimum age for the vaccine will drop from 16 to 12 this month I think.. So that makes perfect sense.
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, cruise, lines, letter, cso

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.