Celebrity Cruises Makes Dining Changes After Guest Feedback

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2023, 08:41 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Celebrity Cruises Makes Dining Changes After Guest Feedback

Celebrity Cruises Makes Dining Changes After Guest Feedback

Celebrity Cruises is making more tweaks to its onboard menus and bringing back fan favorites to the main dining rooms, including nightly chocolate dessert options.

These changes are in response to Captain’s Club guest feedback as well as intense research that shows a desire for more diversity in the menus.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 11-05-2023, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

I just got off a Celebrity cruise yesterday - was very underwhelmed - food quality was just meh! Along with Holland America and Princess, the post-covid cruising cutbacks in the area of dining quality and options are making me rethink cruising in the future.

My best meals were not on the ship, but at restaurants ashore.

Last edited by Michael 61; 11-05-2023 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Food is definitely a focus, since we all gotta eat. But for me, I'd be okay with high-quality mundane foods on a smaller, more intimate ship, than have to share the halls, pool space, elevators, and line to get into pretty much everything, with 2000 of my dearest strangers and their combined 200 screaming children.

Unfortunately if we want a smaller ship we have to pay significantly more money, which we're in somewhat short supply at the moment. My dream is a river cruise though. Some day!
Old 11-05-2023, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

There is a Brit, Gary Bembridge, who provides good, up-to-date information about cruising. He has a website and a YouTube channel. I trust his reviews and suggestions.

Tips For Travellers website... click here.

Tips For Travellers videos... click here.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
The post-covid cruising cutbacks in the area of dining quality and options are making me rethink cruising in the future.
We tend to use Holland-America and while the food is generally very good we have noticed fewer "special" options - even on gala nights - and a lot more for which you have to pay extra (there didn't used to be any of these).

They have also combined the starters/soups/salads in one listing to try to steer you towards ordering only one. Hasn't worked - most people continue to order as much as they want. Don't get in the way of a hungry cruiser!
Old 11-05-2023, 03:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
We tend to use Holland-America and while the food is generally very good we have noticed fewer "special" options - even on gala nights - and a lot more for which you have to pay extra (there didn't used to be any of these).

They have also combined the starters/soups/salads in one listing to try to steer you towards ordering only one. Hasn't worked - most people continue to order as much as they want. Don't get in the way of a hungry cruiser!
On my recent Holland America cruise to Alaska, you could only order one appetizer/soup/salad in the “pay” Pinnacle Steak House - an additional would be an up charge. Also lobster and certain cuts of steak were additional up charges above and beyond what one is already paying for the “pay” restaurant.

Tags
celebrity, dining, guest, feedback, cruises

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.