Cruise Industry Reacts To Florida’s CDC Lawsuit

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2021, 03:27 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Cruise Industry Reacts To Florida’s CDC Lawsuit

Cruise Industry Reacts To Florida’s CDC Lawsuit

Florida Gov. DeSantis’ lawsuit to force the federal government to allow cruising in the U.S. gained much attention and enthusiastic reactions from his supporters and some loyal cruisers.

What did the cruise industry itself have to say about it? We asked, since no cruise executives attended DeSantis' press conference, according to the Miami Herald.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 04-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The rub with Desantis will be when more cruise lines requiring vaccinated crews and passengers.

This is not the first time vaccinations of one kind or another are required for travel!
Old 04-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

We are in as soon as they require vaccinations and we can leave our mask in our car.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We are in as soon as they require vaccinations and we can leave our mask in our car.
Requiring vaccinations seems to be at the top of their list. So far masks and social distancing are also part of the plan. I suspect they are trying to be as safe as possible to get other Countries to allow them to dock and tour. Don't think leaving the masks in the car will happen this year. Having any kind of outbreak, no matter how small, will hit every news outlet and social media and they don't need that.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-13-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Requiring vaccinations seems to be at the top of their list. So far masks and social distancing are also part of the plan. I suspect they are trying to be as safe as possible to get other Countries to allow them to dock and tour. Don't think leaving the masks in the car will happen this year. Having any kind of outbreak, no matter how small, will hit every news outlet and social media and they don't need that.
Very possible you are correct and that is why we have not booked anything other than a S Caribbean one for December.

Do not see us on a cruise if we have to wear a mask all day on a ship.

Waiting.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I bought my own boat. Now I cruise whenever I want. No mask required.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:10 AM

Yes....masks are such an incredible burden. It is simply the hardest thing anyone could possibly imagine to do. Don't you just find it so difficult to put one loop over one ear and the other loop over the other ear? How dare anyone suggest we should give a damn about our fellow human beings! After all, it is our right to play a part in infecting others with a potentially deadly disease. Don't you just love showing others how little you care about them?
Old 04-13-2021, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Yes....masks are such an incredible burden. It is simply the hardest thing anyone could possibly imagine to do. Don't you just find it so difficult to put one loop over one ear and the other loop over the other ear? How dare anyone suggest we should give a damn about our fellow human beings! After all, it is our right to play a part in infecting others with a potentially deadly disease. Don't you just love showing others how little you care about them?
Seriously?

First of all we both got the vaccine as soon as possible.

Second find it rather uncomfortable and will wear it when around others but on vacation if we have to wear it we will find other ways to vacation.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
If you want to wear a max, as a vaccinated person, to protect others, who are also vaccinated, you go right ahead. You will be in the minority. A vaccinated person is NOT going to infect someone else.

If you don't want to get vaccinated - I do not give a damn.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:52 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Senators introduce new bill for cruise ships to sail without CDC approval | Royal Caribbean Blog
Old 04-13-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
A vaccinated person is NOT going to infect someone else.
That's a pretty definitive position. Got any backing for it? Every single website I checked after searching "can a vaccinated person infect someone else with covid" gave answers ranging from 'possibly' to 'we don't know.' To be fully honest, I did quit reading after a dozen or so.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
That's a pretty definitive position. Got any backing for it? Every single website I checked after searching "can a vaccinated person infect someone else with covid" gave answers ranging from 'possibly' to 'we don't know.' To be fully honest, I did quit reading after a dozen or so.
I was more referring to the CDC guidance that once vaccinated, and with other vaccinated people, there is no longer any need or risk to socially distance or wear masks.

That's the definitive - That a vaccinated person won't carry the virus and infect another vaccinated person. As stringent as CDC has been, when they say there is no longer any risk once vaccinated, and that the masks are no longer needed, I guess I'll take their word for it.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Seriously?

First of all we both got the vaccine as soon as possible.

Second find it rather uncomfortable and will wear it when around others but on vacation if we have to wear it we will find other ways to vacation.
What he said.

I wonder what De Santis will do if the cruise ships start requiring vaccination passports?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What he said.

I wonder what De Santis will do if the cruise ships start requiring vaccination passports?
Will be interesting.

Cruise lines cannot afford an outbreak of covid so do not see how they do not require vaccinations and covid test upon boarding.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

At some point the fear has to end and we need to get back to normal. We aren't there yet but with 3M vaccinations per day it's getting close.

Once everyone who wants a vaccination can get one there should be little or no chance of a breakout. If there is then the vaccine isn't doing what it should.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, lawsuit, industry, cdc, florida’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.