The New Unrealistic CDC Rules Everyone is Talking About

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In the link provided, listed as a reason for trust erosion was the ability to source "disinformation"

Pet project of mine, as you are aware is DISINFORMATION, and the prolific use of it for various reasons.

This country has become it own worst nightmare. We do not even seem to care about dishonesty
Old 05-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Require vaccinated crew and passengers and cut the BS!
Get vaccinated to protect yourself then stop worrying about the status of anyone else.]

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-08-2021, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

I haven’t heard anyone talking about it.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post

The CDC has a lot of explaining to do! In the new guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the agency speaks about some measures that will restrict, eliminate, and hinder many of the things that cruise fans hold dear.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Control, control, conrol
Old 05-08-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

"Miami-based Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is threatening to keep its ships out of Florida after the governor signed legislation banning businesses from requiring that customers show proof of vaccination against COVID-19."

Cruise giant Norwegian threatens to skip Florida'''s ports - ABC News
It will be interesting to see if/ how NCL does this. It’s not that easy to just go to other US ports as they might already be busy/ booked with other lines. Also many ships, especially the mega ships are too large to utilize some ports. Using foreign ports may be difficult as again, being busy with other lines as well as would cruisers be will to fly to those ports considering the time and cost? Not saying NCL won’t leave Florida, just considerations as I see them.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
And can you back up the claim that only a minor trusts the CDC? Because I looked around and can find NO evidence of that.
There is plenty of evidence, but you will never get it on tell a vision because you only see what they want you to....programming
Old 05-08-2021, 05:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

The CDC has a lot of explaining to do! In the new guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the agency speaks about some measures that will restrict, eliminate, and hinder many of the things that cruise fans hold dear.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Two days ago I signed up for a Bluegrass Cruise on Royal Caribbean for January 2022. If these rules were in place, I wouldn’t go. Also, if I were not vaccinated, I would not go, no matter what mask or distancing rules were in place.

HOWEVER, you failed to mention this proviso in the CDC regulations that were released a few days ago:

“Option in Lieu of a Simulated Voyage
In lieu of conducting a simulated voyage, cruise ship operator responsible officials, at their discretion, may sign and submit to CDC an attestation under 18 U.S.C. § 1001 that 98 percent of crew are fully vaccinated and submit to CDC a clear and specific vaccination plan and timeline to limit cruise ship sailings to 95 percent of passengers who have been verified by the cruise ship operator as fully vaccinated prior to sailing.”

Exactly! The CDC says everything can be back to the way it was IF 95% of the passengers have been vaccinated and 98% of the crew has been vaccinated. So if you want to go on a cruise, great! Go get vaccinated, then you can go. You do not have a right to cruise unvaccinated on a privately owned ship. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, fine, but stay home. Places like Disneyworld and baseball stadiums should also require vaccinations.

Yes, this may keep some passengers from going and so cost the company money. But if the company has these old rules in place with the masks and social distancing, I’m one of many who will cancel. They lose passengers every way. But they lose a lot more money when they can’t sail at all. They’d rather be partly empty than be completely empty. We don’t want a repeat of the nightmare on some cruise ships with COVID cases last year.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
The problem is only a minority trusts the CDC, WHO or Fauci..Let me add Bill Gates....
What was reported is that the majority of people have lost 10% of the amount of confidence they have in the CDC and WHO by 10%. However, the average confidence level is still above 50% (7 in a scale of 0 - 10) which means that the majority of the people still have confidence in those entities; it is the minority who do not trust the CDC, WHO and Fauci. . .
Old 05-08-2021, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Convince the governor of that. He has FORBIDDEN cruiselines from requiring vaccinations.
He is stating no business can order that you have to be vaccinated to enter a business.......I happen to 100% agree. We do not need vaccine passports it is ridiculous.

DeSantis’ press office on Monday asserted that his recent executive order barring businesses from requiring proof of vaccinated customers extends to cruise lines operating in Florida.
“The Governor’s Executive Order provides that businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business,” press secretary Cody McCloud said by email. “Therefore, the Executive Order prohibits cruise lines from requiring vaccine passports for their Florida operations.”
Old 05-08-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageuser View Post
What was reported is that the majority of people have lost 10% of the amount of confidence they have in the CDC and WHO by 10%. However, the average confidence level is still above 50% (7 in a scale of 0 - 10) which means that the majority of the people still have confidence in those entities; it is the minority who do not trust the CDC, WHO and Fauci. . .
The polling was conducted May 2020 ..... a year ago..since then the CDC has back pedaled on dozens of statements after being derailed by what "bad data"??

The advice from the CDC is supposed to be sound, the final word. Not ever changing from day today.

The WHO forget them all together...they have not been up front on findings in Wuhan and did not call SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) a pandemic until it was too late.

Bill Gates will not willingly fork over the SARS-CoV-2 DNA sequence so other India and other nations can produce more vaccine...it is all about money and control with him at this stage...his excuse is hypocritical.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:03 AM

It's very simple, this government doesn't care about business. All the cruise lines should abandon the US market and the US can kiss off all the revenues it gets from them. Most people have to fly to a cruise port so now they will just fly to a foreign country and help their economy.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Two days ago I signed up for a Bluegrass Cruise on Royal Caribbean for January 2022. If these rules were in place, I wouldn’t go. Also, if I were not vaccinated, I would not go, no matter what mask or distancing rules were in place.

HOWEVER, you failed to mention this proviso in the CDC regulations that were released a few days ago:

“Option in Lieu of a Simulated Voyage
In lieu of conducting a simulated voyage, cruise ship operator responsible officials, at their discretion, may sign and submit to CDC an attestation under 18 U.S.C. § 1001 that 98 percent of crew are fully vaccinated and submit to CDC a clear and specific vaccination plan and timeline to limit cruise ship sailings to 95 percent of passengers who have been verified by the cruise ship operator as fully vaccinated prior to sailing.”

Exactly! The CDC says everything can be back to the way it was IF 95% of the passengers have been vaccinated and 98% of the crew has been vaccinated. So if you want to go on a cruise, great! Go get vaccinated, then you can go. You do not have a right to cruise unvaccinated on a privately owned ship. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, fine, but stay home. Places like Disneyworld and baseball stadiums should also require vaccinations.

Yes, this may keep some passengers from going and so cost the company money. But if the company has these old rules in place with the masks and social distancing, I’m one of many who will cancel. They lose passengers every way. But they lose a lot more money when they can’t sail at all. They’d rather be partly empty than be completely empty. We don’t want a repeat of the nightmare on some cruise ships with COVID cases last year.
That's all well and good, but DeSantis has ordered cruiseships to NOT require proof of vaccination on ships that sail out of Florida. DeSantis says basically that all commerce that isn't government-owned is welcome to set their own rules for entry and their customers/clients/patients, EXCEPT cruise ships. They are not ALLOWED to require vaccinations or proof of vaccination.

That's what this is all about. Since many countries don't allow you, the passenger, into their country without proof of vaccination, and since deSantis says your ship is not allowed to require proof that you are vaccinated, therefore that ship *cannot* go where you want it to go, as long as it leaves from Florida.

So screw Florida, and sail the ship from somewhere else. And Florida loses all that revenue from overnight stays at port hotels, shopping, shoreline excursions, dining, etc. etc. And some other state will pick up the gravy.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
It's very simple, this government doesn't care about business. All the cruise lines should abandon the US market and the US can kiss off all the revenues it gets from them. Most people have to fly to a cruise port so now they will just fly to a foreign country and help their economy.
That's great. Just make sure you provide proof of vaccination THERE - because many countries won't let you off the airplane without it.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It doesn’t seem unrealistic to me to take extra precautions when lots of people are trapped on a floating Petri dish.
Agree. The neurovirus has sickened thousands of people over the years. Why would you want to add another virs to a ship where people act like they are invinsible
Old 05-08-2021, 06:34 AM
Default My 2 cents

Quote:

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
It is one thing to require a mask for shopping, public transit or other "necessary" tasks. But there is no way that I will ever spend thousands of $$ to enjoy myself and then be expected to follow any rules regarding masks, distancing, etc. In other words, you will never see me and many others (including my entire family) walking around a cruise ship with a mask on. There are just too many other enjoyable activities that the CDC mafia does not control.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1619613978143.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	89384  
And, I'm not wearing the damn mask.
Majority doesn't rule here. My body, my choice. Get over it.
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, talking, unrealistic, rules, click

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.