Passenger Smuggles Cat Onboard Cruise Ship

Old 01-04-2024, 12:54 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Passenger Smuggles Cat Onboard Cruise Ship

Among the many rules about what you can and can’t bring aboard a cruise ship, here's another one.
No pet cats are allowed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 01-04-2024, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post

Among the many rules about what you can and can’t bring aboard a cruise ship, here's another one.
No pet cats are allowed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
OK. But what happened to the individuals that smuggled the cat aboard? Hopefully, they were either arrested, detained, fined heavily, lost their passports and visas and imprisoned. Or, put in the brig for the duration of the trip and turned in at the return for smuggling/trafficking live animals which could possibly be carrying drugs, parasites, disease, stolen, etc.
Old 01-05-2024, 06:45 AM

Quote:

No pet cats are allowed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
"I love humanity- It's the people I hate"
Old 01-05-2024, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:

No pet cats are allowed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Some interesting stories about people who try to smuggle things onboard a cruise ship: booze in a mouthwash bottle, various recreational vegetable matter and accompanying devices, etc.

Some time back we were returning from a Caribbean cruise with a bottle of Rum that I had purchased as a gift for my son. It was flagged by ship security as I knew it would be, who confiscated it and said that they'd return it the morning we disembarked. It was delivered to our cabin as promised but in the rush it somehow got packed into our carryon luggage for the flight home instead of our checked bag. Sure enough, the TSA agent (pleasant middle-aged woman) had us open the bag and there it was. She said she'd have to confiscate it, I asked what would happen to it and she said that they'd "empty it into the canal out back". I pointed out that it was an unopened bottle of rum and asked her if she'd accept it as a gift. She grinned and said "can't do that, honey".

Still, somehow I don't think it was emptied into the canal.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:55 AM

The cat smuggler ....... the older I get the more amazed I become at what people will "just do" because they want to. What ever happened to the days when you were told you cannot do something and most of us complied.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
The cat smuggler ....... the older I get the more amazed I become at what people will "just do" because they want to. What ever happened to the days when you were told you cannot do something and most of us complied.
These are still those days. Most of us are told we can't do things, and most of us comply. But we have internet now, so the few who break the rules become viral "news" splattered across your twitter feed.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
These are still those days. Most of us are told we can't do things, and most of us comply. But we have internet now, so the few who break the rules become viral "news" splattered across your twitter feed.
Sorry. I see it as the reverse. People are still the same. But with more of us crowded together and so many with cameras at the ready we get to see just what we are really like. The "Ken's & Karen's" are everywhere.
But, of course, you and I aren't like them.

Tags
cruise, ship, passenger, cat, onboard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.