Port of Seattle Safely Concludes Cruise Season Amid COVID Protocols

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2021, 11:55 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Port of Seattle Safely Concludes Cruise Season Amid COVID Protocols

The Port of Seattle will safely conclude its 2021 cruise season this Saturday, on Oct. 23, with the departure of the Norwegian Encore from Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66.

According to a press release, the season ends after safely hosting 82 cruise ship calls and approximately 229,000 revenue passengers between July 19 and Oct. 23. “Safety protocols, national and local health guidelines, best practices at port facilities, and timely congressional action” all contributed to a successful cruise season, the port wrote.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 10-29-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post

The Port of Seattle will safely conclude its 2021 cruise season this Saturday, on Oct. 23, with the departure of the Norwegian Encore from Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66.

According to a press release, the season ends after safely hosting 82 cruise ship calls and approximately 229,000 revenue passengers between July 19 and Oct. 23. “Safety protocols, national and local health guidelines, best practices at port facilities, and timely congressional action” all contributed to a successful cruise season, the port wrote.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Very nice press release
Old 10-29-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Wish the streets of Seattle were safe.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:37 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Very nice press release
Thank you! We hope you consider Omni Tours should you choose to cruise in the future Take care, and have a great weekend!
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
Old 10-29-2021, 12:40 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Wish the streets of Seattle were safe.
With a current vaccination rate of 82%, Seattle is safely welcoming back visitors. Travelers to Seattle—and all destinations—should continue to observe the health recommendations of national and local public health officials, as they plan to travel, while in transit, and while visiting any destination. Seattle is one of the safest cities in the United States, but still, you should follow safety tips...as we all should in any larger city! Thanks for your comment and have a great weekend.
Make sure to contact us with any of your travel needs! Take care!
www.omnitours.travel
Old 10-29-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
With a current vaccination rate of 82%, Seattle is safely welcoming back visitors. Travelers to Seattle—and all destinations—should continue to observe the health recommendations of national and local public health officials, as they plan to travel, while in transit, and while visiting any destination. Seattle is one of the safest cities in the United States, but still, you should follow safety tips...as we all should in any larger city! Thanks for your comment and have a great weekend.
Before deciding to visit any location, do your own research. How safe is Seattle? Top 10 Most Dangerous Places!

Many parts of Seattle seem not to be very safe
Old 10-29-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Thank you! We hope you consider Omni Tours should you choose to cruise in the future Take care, and have a great weekend!
I appreciate the offer. Living in Fl, I leave from Miami or Port Lauderdale for the few times I cruise. Regarding Seattle, you certainly have your work cut out to rebut the images we have seen the past couple of years.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the offer. Living in Fl, I leave from Miami or Port Lauderdale for the few times I cruise. Regarding Seattle, you certainly have your work cut out to rebut the images we have seen the past couple of years. I sincerely hope it turns itself around. Is a beautiful area.
Old 10-30-2021, 05:16 AM
Veteran member

Does this really have anything to do with the villages? Does anyone leave from Seattle to go to Alaska?
Old 10-30-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Does this really have anything to do with the villages? Does anyone leave from Seattle to go to Alaska?
You must not cruise to Alaska much. Yes, many people from here fly to Seattle to cruise to Alaska. We have done it twice in the last 3 years. Both time spent an extra day in Seattle walking the streets. Never felt in danger. I am sure there are places in Seattle that you do not necessarily want to go, like most cities, and we did see a good deal of homeless people, but our experience both times was great. No one bothered us.
Old 10-30-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Don't mind you promoting your business but think you should check your facts before posting. The City of Seattle is NOT one of the safest cities in the US. It suffers from poor leadership that has resulted in a meaningful reduction in law enforcement officers. Its homeless population is large with encampments throughout the city. Crime continues to rise and plague the area.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
I booked a room on a cruise in January leaving from Florida because I was assured that the entire crew would be vaccinated and all passengers would be vaccinated. But after the Florida government refused to allow the cruise line to require that, I cancelled my reservation. Without required vaccinations, I don’t feel safe in close quarters on a cruise ship.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran from MI View Post
You must not cruise to Alaska much. Yes, many people from here fly to Seattle to cruise to Alaska. We have done it twice in the last 3 years. Both time spent an extra day in Seattle walking the streets. Never felt in danger. I am sure there are places in Seattle that you do not necessarily want to go, like most cities, and we did see a good deal of homeless people, but our experience both times was great. No one bothered us.
Same here, spent a lot of time in the Seattle area. So much to see and do. Never a problem. The Alaska cruises are awesome.

Safety is no different than the larger cities in FL or elsewhere. All have small areas to avoid.

The difference in visability is primarily media focus and various cultural/political agendas from many sides.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:19 AM
Default Cruised out of Seattle

Quote:

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
We cruised out of Seattle on October 1, 2021. We had a great time visiting Seattle and cruising to Alaska. Highly recommend both. We also spent a day on a small group (6 people) day trip to Mount Rainier with a company called Yonder Sky. They do several part day and day long trips in the Seattle area. The young man who is owner and guide, Daniel Perry, did a fabulous job. If we are back in Seattle, we will book Yonder Sky for another adventure.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
With a current vaccination rate of 82%, Seattle is safely welcoming back visitors.
Ain't talking vaccinations................crime is the issue.
Police are handcuffed.
Homeless is unbelievable.

Go walk the streets, you will learn.

Tags
cruise, port, season, safely, seattle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.