What happens to all that uneaten food on cruises? These lines are working to reduce w

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2023, 10:25 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default What happens to all that uneaten food on cruises? These lines are working to reduce w

What happens to all that uneaten food on cruises? These lines are working to reduce waste.

While I watched a crew member aboard Holland America Line’s Rotterdam ship haul away my half-eaten order of french fries, I felt a pang of yearning.

I spent nearly two weeks sailing with the line in October and made a point to sample nearly every restaurant on board, including the burger joint Dive-In, but never requested a to-go box at the end of a meal like I might on land. With only a minibar in my stateroom and food always at my beck-and-call, it seemed impractical.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 05-09-2023, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post
What happens to all that uneaten food on cruises? These lines are working to reduce waste.

While I watched a crew member aboard Holland America Line’s Rotterdam ship haul away my half-eaten order of french fries, I felt a pang of yearning.

I spent nearly two weeks sailing with the line in October and made a point to sample nearly every restaurant on board, including the burger joint Dive-In, but never requested a to-go box at the end of a meal like I might on land. With only a minibar in my stateroom and food always at my beck-and-call, it seemed impractical.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
They recycle it. They recycle everything.

As they say on the Space Station: "Today's coffee...is tomorrow's coffee".
Old 05-09-2023, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,507 Posts

Fish food.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, uneaten, working, lines, cruises

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.