Pest Control Services

Old 03-28-2024, 05:58 AM
Default Pest Control Services

I’m new to TV and new to southern living. I have 4 questions:
1- I know termite protection is a must because the damage they do. So besides termites what other pests are a must to control besides being annoying
2- what are must have protection and what are frivolous/overkill protection. Meaning is it necessary to have attic fogged?
3- I’m looking for recommendations of a good value pest control management company. Not just the cheapest and not a service that provides overkill service
4- what problems or infestations have anyone had even after protection services applied.

Thank you in advance
Bill R
Old 03-28-2024, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Subterranean termite protection - YES, Massey. Some people use Deans, but they will not give you a multi-year contract.
Fogging the attic - NO, unless you actually have an infestion.

I had Massey for routine pest prevention, and never saw a pest inside my house. But, I discontinued the service 2 years ago, and still have not seen a pest inside my house.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,681 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billrisma View Post
I’m new to TV and new to southern living. I have 4 questions:
1- I know termite protection is a must because the damage they do. So besides termites what other pests are a must to control besides being annoying
2- what are must have protection and what are frivolous/overkill protection. Meaning is it necessary to have attic fogged?
3- I’m looking for recommendations of a good value pest control management company. Not just the cheapest and not a service that provides overkill service
4- what problems or infestations have anyone had even after protection services applied.

Thank you in advance
Bill R
We have a termite protection policy which includes regular inspections and treatments as needed. Not sure of the particulars--my wife handles that--but as I recall the cost was something like $150.00 annually.

When we moved here (2020) we had several encounters with 8-legged critters (cockroaches, ants, etc. both inside and outside). We decided to go with Florida Pest Control for complete critter control as well as lawn service including weed killing and fertilizing. Not the cheapest game in town but they ARE effective and reliable. Two months after their initial treatment nary a critter was to be found, except two cockroaches--both dead--on the garage floor. VERY happy with them. One positive is that their workers are constant; we've had the same two techs for well over two years now and have gotten to know them. Our pest control tech (aka "The Bug Lady") is also happy to answer the occasional question we might have via telephone.

Might be worth your while to contact them. They have numerous offices throughout Florida but we are served from the Leesburg office: (844) 780-0587.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Fertigator.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Subterranean termite protection - YES, Massey. Some people use Deans, but they will not give you a multi-year contract.
Fogging the attic - NO, unless you actually have an infestion.

I had Massey for routine pest prevention, and never saw a pest inside my house. But, I discontinued the service 2 years ago, and still have not seen a pest inside my house.
Thank you. I’m leaning towards Massey
Old 03-31-2024, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
We have a termite protection policy which includes regular inspections and treatments as needed. Not sure of the particulars--my wife handles that--but as I recall the cost was something like $150.00 annually.

When we moved here (2020) we had several encounters with 8-legged critters (cockroaches, ants, etc. both inside and outside). We decided to go with Florida Pest Control for complete critter control as well as lawn service including weed killing and fertilizing. Not the cheapest game in town but they ARE effective and reliable. Two months after their initial treatment nary a critter was to be found, except two cockroaches--both dead--on the garage floor. VERY happy with them. One positive is that their workers are constant; we've had the same two techs for well over two years now and have gotten to know them. Our pest control tech (aka "The Bug Lady") is also happy to answer the occasional question we might have via telephone.

Might be worth your while to contact them. They have numerous offices throughout Florida but we are served from the Leesburg office: (844) 780-0587.
Thanks so much. I’ll give them a call.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Has anyone heard of termites in the villages recently?

Tags
protection, control, pest, service, services

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.