Can we reopen the Pickleball courts, please.

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2020, 02:37 PM

I love Pb but the problem is packed lines waiting to play.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Default Physiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganKid View Post
This is ridiculous. Common sense, scientist have already stated how much the UV rays from sun deteriorate The threads of the virus. I’m a retired physiologist and understand in depth of vaccines, and viruses. With the amount of space on a pickleball court and amount of players in that area is minimal . If everyone on the court washes there hands on site and wipes the balls being used the ability to catch the virus is less likely than winning the lottery.. and yes we are paying amenity fees for no amenities. Where is this money x thousands of residents that isn’t being used going. No expense on balls, maintenance , staff to handle job responsibilities related.. sad...
Nice to know that a physiologist is more knowledgeable about the spread of the coronavirus than a epidemiologist or physicians who specialize in infectious disease. What are your actual qualifications?
Old 05-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,021 Times in 2,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Seems you might be the only person that understands this virus. Seems all the international docs and scientists are still trying to understand it. Why aren't you offering your expertise to them to help us all rather than wasting it on here talking about pickleball.
I bet you’re on the golf course everyday.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,021 Times in 2,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
Nice to know that a physiologist is more knowledgeable about the spread of the coronavirus than a epidemiologist or physicians who specialize in infectious disease. What are your actual qualifications?
Yep, I sure the tested pickleball ball or tennis ball.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Age has nothing to do with the risk factor. For example a 90 year old in perfect health is not in the risk category.

That example has been repeated over, and over ………….and over.
Really? Really? Than please link us to a valid link from a respected authority on Covid-19.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Common sense, scientist have already stated how much the UV rays from sun deteriorate The threads of the virus. I’m a retired physiologist and understand in depth of vaccines, and viruses. With the amount of space on a pickleball court and amount of players in that area is minimal . If everyone on the court washes there hands on site and wipes the balls being used the ability to catch the virus is less likely than winning the lottery.. and yes we are paying amenity fees for no amenities. Where is this money x thousands of residents that isn’t being used going. No expense on balls, maintenance , staff to handle job responsibilities related.. sad...

Requirements for Becoming an Exercise Physiologist
Simply put, there are no nationally standardized academic, certification or licensure requirements to practice as an exercise physiologist as the profession is currently unregulated. Among the primary reasons behind why EP isn’t recognized in this manner has to do with its relatively new emergence as an “official” profession in health care. However, this is not to say that industry standards haven’t been established in an attempt to help define requirements needed for practice.

Can you Michigan Kid, tell us about how the body's anti-virus army reacts to Covid-19?

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-02-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

This is ridiculous. Common sense, scientist have already stated how much the UV rays from sun deteriorate The threads of the virus. I’m a retired physiologist and understand in depth of vaccines, and viruses. With the amount of space on a pickleball court and amount of players in that area is minimal . If everyone on the court washes there hands on site and wipes the balls being used the ability to catch the virus is less likely than winning the lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
From what I understand about the virus, I agree with Michigan Kid. What epidemiologist or infectious disease physician has even weighed in on pickleball? Covid-19 is contagious, yes very contagious, but not as contagious as the media has caused everyone to believe. Take a minute to think about it and reflect on all the people who are regularly around people who are positive. Not all of them follow the guidelines all the time, some never follow the guidelines or didn't in the beginning, but yet only a small fraction have been infected. Think about postal workers, military service members, grocery store cashiers, etc. And remember that "epidemiologists and infectious disease physicians" have said repeatedly that it isn't likely you'll get Covid-19 by touching something. How Coronavirus Spreads | CDC

It's human nature to worry, though, so I understand both viewpoints. Read more about that in this article if you like.
4 Ways Your Worries Can Get Out of Control | Psychology Today

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 05-02-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:26 AM

Where did he say he was an EXERCISE physiologist? There are other types requiring a Masters or Doctorate.

What is a Physiologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Requirements for Becoming an Exercise Physiologist
Simply put, there are no nationally standardized academic, certification or licensure requirements to practice as an exercise physiologist as the profession is currently unregulated. Among the primary reasons behind why EP isn’t recognized in this manner has to do with its relatively new emergence as an “official” profession in health care. However, this is not to say that industry standards haven’t been established in an attempt to help define requirements needed for practice.

Can you Michigan Kid, tell us about how the bodies anti-virus army reacts to Covid-19?
Old 05-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Where did he say he was an EXERCISE physiologist? There are other types requiring a Masters or Doctorate.

What is a Physiologist?
You are right Roob and I was wrong. There are all kinds of people who are physiologists in many fields. However I have never met one hell bent on playing pickleball in a community whose average age is 71 during a pandemic that kills WAY TOO MANY older people.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,940 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Golf is open throughout this state and up the east coast. PA recently opened golf while keeping everything else closed in the SE part of the state. I don't believe Pickleball is open anywhere in Florida. It's not just here.....medical folks know why, golfers know why, government agencies know why,.... it has been explained here many times so why don't pickleball players know why?
I know of three other communities that never shut down their pickleball courts throughout the whole Florida lockdown.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argos5usa View Post
A lot of people rely on pickleball and other physical activities to keep their blood pressure down and maintain their general health...Keeping these activities closed is doing much more harm than good...either open them or partially refund amenities fees...germophobes can stay home ...enough is enough already.

Take a jog around your neighborhood.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:00 AM

Pickle ball and tennis should stay shut down forever.

It’s a racquet!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

According to this mornings Recreation News, Paddle sports and Softball resume 18 May.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:15 PM

FLASH: Life is fatal. Scientists predict everyone will die, it is only a matter of time. So get a life. Find something to enjoy, and live. I am playing pickleball with a about 8-10 other friends who all feel like we are taking precautions and if we get it so what. You have to die from something. I rather go enjoying life than being a prisoner in my own home. I did not retire to remain in a prison, even if I am the one who bought and decorated it.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 PM
Default tennis pickleball

We have been playing tennis and pickleball the whole time in Leesburg. Have not lost a player yet. A little input on the gloves. Don't wear them or rely on them. They just keep any bacteria you do come into contact with for a longer period and give you a false sense of security. Sanitize hands before and after playing, unless you want to replace you gloves every time or have an autoclave handy!
Closed Thread

Tags
activities, pickleball, stay, harm, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.