Daily Sun fails to report PAC results

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
why is there 2 full pages of softball coverage 5 days a week and Pickleball, which i can guarantee has many more participants on a daily basis, cant even get a single paragraph on the results of a monthly tournament.

And why is there soooooo much highschool sports page coverage of Wildwood and South Sumter etc. rather than our local pickleball ... "they have their reasons."
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Unless you pay for an advertisement, a newspaper doesn't have to print anything
Talk of the Villages use to be a semi regular advertiser in the Villages Daily Sun. Suddenly, one day, we got a call from our sales rep saying, "we decline to accept your advertising." I called the sales manager and he said, "we decline to accept your adverting." I called the executive editor and he said, "we decline to accept your advertising. I called the publisher and didn't get a return call.

So, the newspaper doesn't have to print anything they don't want to.

BTW Talk of The Villages reserves the right to decline certain advertising as well. However, in our case, we tell the prospective customer "why" we made that decision. The newspaper doesn't do that.

It's their newspaper and they can do with it what ever they please.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
REH7380
Question No Question

The developer runs the policy and practices of the newspaper. It would be
better to write to them since nothing happens on the Villages radio, Television or newspaper without the developer's authorization or approval. People tend to look at these as "independent" media but that is far from the facts. Like the VHA it is, like all other media in The Villages controlled by the Developer. An exception to this rule is the POA which is not under the developer's control. I am not putting any value on this just that it should be clarified and understood.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Talk of the Villages use to be a semi regular advertiser in the Villages Daily Sun. Suddenly, one day, we got a call from our sales rep saying, "we decline to accept your advertising." I called the sales manager and he said, "we decline to accept your adverting." I called the executive editor and he said, "we decline to accept your advertising. I called the publisher and didn't get a return call.

BTW Talk of The Villages reserves the right to decline certain advertising as well. However, in our case, we tell the prospective customer "why" we made that decision. The newspaper doesn't do that.

Same policy applies to the New York Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, etc !!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Default Finally Pickleball Results

Today the results of the PAC Dec and Jan tournaments appeared in the sports section (2 months and 1 month later), hopefully the sports editor will print the Feb results when they are current, in Feb.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

Wow, that's impressive. They consider you a significant enough competitor to turn away your ads! That is quite a compliment and quite an accomplishment. A part of you must have been really proud, no?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.