Which racquet sport to choose

Which racquet sport to choose

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie J View Post
If you are a good sport and just enjoy playing make sure you sort out the bad guys and find the right place to play
That's what I do on this forum.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Gold member

There are two clay court facilities here, many courts, pay to play on these courts, many levels. Tons more hard courts, some drop in open tennis, but most people quickly find groups that are compatible to their level. You can play 7 days a week here outdoors. But beware, most tennis players pick up pickleball and it becomes very very addicting!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie J View Post
If you decide to stick with tennis, be kind to pickleball players. Most of the tennis players here are very arrogant to the pickleball courts.
Snobby country club types (mostly ladies)don't like the noise. Thats why tennis courts should be separated from pickleball courts.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Snobby country club types (mostly ladies)don't like the noise. Thats why tennis courts should be separated from pickleball courts.
Ouch. I play at least 4 times a week at three different courts and have never heard complaints about pickleball. I cannot believe that this is a prevalent issue.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Ouch. I play at least 4 times a week at three different courts and have never heard complaints about pickleball. I cannot believe that this is a prevalent issue.
I wouldn't say prevalent but, did witness it at Chula when I played league 10 to noon.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:13 PM

During our lifestyle stay they had a special pickle ball clinic just for those in the program. That game is quite addicting. We did head down to Glenview to play tennis on the softcourts. It was nice, but I'm might give up clay court tennis for pickle ball. We also tried out the "platform" courts. It does play a bit different than our raised courts in Charlotte, but it could be the warm weather. Or it could be the village screens are newer, and the balls really bounce off the screen a bit. I think I like the villages version of platform tennis even better than the cold weather version.
Closed Thread

Tags
tennis, play, paddle, times, week, 3.5/4.0, level, retired, players, pickleball, switch, satisfy, addiction, find, thinking, husband, racquet, sport, choose, moving, presently, leaving, days, open, winter