Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
I haven't played pickleball in a couple of years because of health issues. At the time I was a good player but I have no idea how I will play now. Suggestions for a good place to start back. I am in the Liberty Park area.
|
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
Any suggestions?
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
PCVG offers beginners mentored play that may be a good place to restart.
Intro to PB Series / Intro to PB / Instructional Program | Pickleball Community Volunteer Group Not familiar with that areas but visit nearby courts during open play looking for players at your level. Also check the boards for groups that reserve court time. Some are welcoming to new players. |
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
There a good bunch of guys at Eisenhower, 3.5 to 4.0 who'd be happy to have you join them. Early, 7:00
|
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
Second page of this document has the Beginner and advanced beginner open play schedules, mostly from 10-noon at multiple rec centers.... The definitions for Beginner and Adv Beg are a up for interpretation, from people who have played for a week to about 10 years, but its fun, social, and the scores are mainly a timekeeping mechanism. A good place to come back and start up.
__________________
Packer Fan Retired Village of Hillsborough FROG, 10 years in the Making World Traveler From Oak Creek, WI |
|
#6
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Second page of what document? Last edited by Robbb; 02-25-2026 at 07:35 AM. Reason: info found. |
|
#7
|
||
|
||
|
PCVG Actvity Calendar
Calendar | Pickleball Community Volunteer Group Register here Pickleball Community Volunteer Group |
|
#8
|
||
|
||
|
Thank you all. I'm going to check this out this coming week.
|
|
#9
|
||
|
||
|
I'd suggest just about any intermediate open play. Check the rec schedules for the courts near you, there is probably an Intermediate Open Play somewhere near you just about every day.
Good luck. Be careful. |
|
#10
|
||
|
||
|
How big a jump is there from Advanced Beginner to Intermediate open play? Not much? People seem to go where its convenient...
__________________
Packer Fan Retired Village of Hillsborough FROG, 10 years in the Making World Traveler From Oak Creek, WI |
|
#11
|
||
|
||
|
Just like riding bike or swimming, just how fast or how long can stay a float? Depending on where you live I say any open play times. You been here long enough probably know where you will have unpleasant experiences with court hogs .
|
| Closed Thread |
|
|
|