Alligator walking to new pond

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2023, 11:29 PM

lol, that looks photoshopped! Or is it AI enhanced nowadays?
Old 08-07-2023, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Oh really? Last winter I was walking near the ponds there and two women with rubber boots were actually wading in a pond while their labs cavorted in the water. I told them an alligator had killed a woman near a pond in Florida the previous day, but they said they were watching for gators. I saw them again ten minutes later, and they said they had reconsidered and decided not to walk there.
some take longer to Let it sink in... gators were here first, marsh lands have been destroyed for homes, gators left until the dust settled and now they are back.. just watch for them..
Old 08-07-2023, 08:09 AM

It would be impractical and ineffective to attempt to control the alligator population in certain areas of TV, especially those areas close to large mashes from whence they come. Remove one and another shows up very soon. On the other hand, the small bodies of water that are somewhat secluded or isolated from the larger marshes are a different matter entirely. The alligator population in these bodies of water should and could be strictly controlled. A small alligator in a neighborhood pond is a cute thing; a large alligator can be a menace to the unsuspecting. Because these bodies of water are more removed from the alligator breeding areas, there is a higher chance of success. At least for a while.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:16 AM
Default Hunting gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
But why undisclosed? I get wicked people hunting gators or sick people taping their mouths shut but what about safety for walkers or golfers?

Red Fox / Grey Fox I've been on the tee boxes or out on the fairways and have heard gators croaking to each other from
less than 20 feet away. Definitely keeps you from taking too long on your shot.

Walkers, evening strole out on Marsh Bend, I have seen one of these big 'uns over by Edna's. I was glad I didn't have my dog with me.

A different walk, heard one on Marsh Bend up by the Water Lily bridge. It was so close I crossed the road and walked in the grass just in case.

Gator kills a dog in Chitty Chatty. People don't realize how fast they can run. They CAN climb fences. They CAN open fence poles. Personally I wish they COULD be legally moved after a reaching certain sizes. I don't wish them harm BUT they have no preditors and all living things are their food source.

Maybe its just me, and I'm not playing along with the caption theme but I would want to know if I was walking into this cute little guy's path.

To be a good sport, "You and your little dog too."
Why do you say people are “wicked” for hunting gators?
Are you aware that the state of Florida has a gator hunting season if you draw a tag? It’s because there are a lot of gators and they can be thinned out where necessary. I’ve taken several off my airboat with a harpoon and got a lot of meat for my freezer.
If I’m on a walk with my dog, and one comes after me or my dog, I will take whatever means necessary.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:19 AM

Can you run faster than 22 miles an hour? 😂😂
Old 08-07-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
FICTION: Although alligators can run up to a 20 mph, they can only reach that speed in short bursts. The average thoroughbred racing speed is 44mph.
I stand corrected. I thought this was true. But 20 mph is way faster than I can run.
Closed Thread

Tags
alligator, walking, pond, crossing, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.