Creating a tunnel in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I think "FT" stands for "full-time."
Thanks, I thought there might have been some other meaning. I guess I think too much. LOL
Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Sage

Thanks BK and Chuckinca. That's what I meant.

About transporting vs. onsite, it looks like it could have been poured in sections. Maybe it was transported in sections and sections were joined onsite??
Old 10-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
About transporting vs. onsite, it looks like it could have been poured in sections. Maybe it was transported in sections and sections were joined onsite??
This would be my guess as well. If you look closely at the top/sides of the tunnel in the photos, you can see what would appear to be equally spaced seams where the sections would butt together. Next time you're inside a tunnel without any cart traffic, maybe drive slowly through it and check it out from the inside. I'd like to do that myself..........'cept we're in OH.

Bill
Old 10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Founder

Have any of you been here long enough to remember that the Morse Blvd bridge into Sumter Landing was a bridge before there was a lake. There was this gigantic bridge in the middle of a dirt field.

JLK
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Have any of you been here long enough to remember that the Morse Blvd bridge into Sumter Landing was a bridge before there was a lake. There was this gigantic bridge in the middle of a dirt field.

JLK
NO KIDDING? Bet that was something interesting to watch. Did they dig out under it???
Old 10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage

Moral of the story: if you're building the bridge and the lake, it's cheaper to build the bridge first.

Besides...I have a cart, but not a horse. So I guess I put the cart before the horse too.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
NO KIDDING? Bet that was something interesting to watch. Did they dig out under it???
That's exactly what they did. Once the hole was dug, the lock was opened and poof, Lake Sumter.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Moral of the story: if you're building the bridge and the lake, it's cheaper to build the bridge first.

Besides...I have a cart, but not a horse. So I guess I put the cart before the horse too.
Well, as my father always said, " We'll cross that bridge when we get to it"
Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

JLK

When I was a youngin on the south side of Chicago around 1955, they built a long concrete structure at street level on 79th Street near State St - 79th is a major East/West Street. A few years later they dug out that structure, other like structures and a hole about 500 yards wide, 50 Feet deep and 10 miles long and built the 14 lane Dan Ryan Expressway.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 10-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks AJ,

It would be wonderful if FT residents would continue to photograph the progress, so we can how a whole new TV "town" takes shape.

And, I agree, Caly's a beauty and is probably as sweet as she looks!
Caly seems to be thanking all of you for the compliments............. or she just needs to go out, hard to tell....

We are not full timers. We are snow birds??? I like the term bosoxfan used in another thread. we are three season porches. Oct - June.

Who knows we may never be full timers, depending how life evolves, but we sure are having fun trying to figure it out

PS. Speaking of front porches reminds me I really need to get back to exercising!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage
Default Do not blink or you will miss something

/* not the best quality pictures, but... */

Down at the dog park with Caly again. They are moving quickly on Morse Blvd south of 466A. I was very close to driving my cart up on top of the tunnel but did not want to end up on a different thread about crazy cart drivers. I am going away for a week and am afraid there will be houses here when I return!

The Villages Florida

Below I am facing north, Morse is directly at my back, lined up right over the tunnel, there are already north and south bound lanes (dirt) and a round about behind me. I have been told access to the Sarasota range (real location) and the new country club will be near that round about.

The Villages Florida

I will miss this dog park. I have seen some amazing sunsets here. Of course never have a camera when that happens
Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Gold member

I drove by last night and saw the covered tunnel.

Also saw the golf cart paths are being installed on the new course. (I remember seeing the golf cart paths installed on Turtle Mound and other courses along 466a before there was a house in sight. Thought it was strange then, kind of expected it this time.)

If houses go up as fast as they have next to The Waterfront Inn we certainly can't blink!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Great pictures. It's amazing how fast things happen around here.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage

AJ and Caly,
Thanks for the updated pictures. I haven't been to TV since early Sept. and appreciate the glimpses of progress.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Sage
Default Morse Blvd Tunnel South of 466A

It is amazing how much the area has changed in the last six weeks. I created an album if anyone would like to see....

Not a great camera or a great photographer, and the pictures seem to change color when resized, but gives an idea of the changes over the past weeks...

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...hp?albumid=355
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.