Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
A sweet reminder of home....

The Villages Florida
Key West?
Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Looking at the picture I wouldn't declare you made a navigation error. LOL. : )
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Key West?
You have a very good eye... We are south for a short get away at a place recommended by someone on TOTV. So far , so very very good

The Villages Florida

PS. I do not know the folks in picture. There is a long line of people waiting to have their turn to stand in front while someone takes a picture...... we had other sites to see instead of waiting in line
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
You have a very good eye... We are south for a short get away at a place recommended by someone on TOTV. So far , so very very good

The Villages Florida

PS. I do not know the folks in picture. There is a long line of people waiting to have their turn to stand in front while someone takes a picture...... we had other sites to see instead of waiting in line
You would probably have more luck with that pic after the cruise ships suck back up their passengers and leave for the day. It really needs to have fewer ships per day for the size of the city. I'm interested to know where you're staying. We rented a cottage there for six years up by Bayview Park. I could work from home, and my husband traveled a lot, so it got us out of MI for the worst of the winter.

I love Key West. Love it.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You would probably have more luck with that pic after the cruise ships suck back up their passengers and leave for the day. It really needs to have fewer ships per day for the size of the city. I'm interested to know where you're staying. We rented a cottage there for six years up by Bayview Park. I could work from home, and my husband traveled a lot, so it got us out of MI for the worst of the winter.

I love Key West. Love it.
We are staying at the Pier House at the end of Duval St. This is our first visit. Had a ball today just walking around looking at sites and the people. We barely scraped the surface of the places to walk. Later in the day. we went to Alonzos for Happy hour as some locals we talked to recommended it. Half priced drinks and half priced seafood appetizers. We each had a rather large 'Grey Goose' martini at $6 each. That is a price I could get used to. A beer such as Corona was $2/bottle. The seafood was

I could see why someone would love it here....
Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=ajbrown;806761]We are staying at the Pier House at the end of Duval St. This is our first visit. Had a ball today just walking around looking at sites and the people. We barely scraped the surface of the places to walk. Later in the day. we went to Alonzos for Happy hour as some locals we talked to recommended it. Half priced drinks and half priced seafood appetizers. We each had a rather large 'Grey Goose' martini at $6 each. That is a price I could get used to. A beer such as Corona was $2/bottle. The seafood was

The Pier House is lovely. Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Sage
Default Who says no shoveling in FL?

We checked out of our room this AM at the Pier House. I was walking down to get my free coffee and I see crews out shoveling. The winds had blown 35 - 50 last night. There was 6 - 10 inches of sand that had to be brought back to the beach. Note: none of the sand to the right of the path should be there, I am sure they are clearing the path for the breakfast crowd.

The pool for hotel is to the left of my picture. There were several people working in the pool area, getting the sand and seaweed out of the pool. If there is good news for them, they have time as the high today was to be 57. FIFTY SEVEN in Key West, just 90'ish ,miles from Cuba. brrrrrrrrr.

The Villages Florida

Key West lots of fun, Pier House was excellent, look forward to doing it again! Being there for a few days reminded me how much I enjoy being by the ocean.....
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Sage

The year it rarely got above 50 in TV (2009?) we were in KW for Jan/Feb. Never made it to 70. I still loved it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.