Looking towards future of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2024, 12:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,210 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
I’ve always said....the Morse’s and the Mouse’s (sic) ...Disney, will eventually meet in the middle!
Yep. The Villages will be a new “Land” in Disney. “The VillagesLand”. Ride your own golf cart while dodging old people. Learn how to line dance with elders. See how many early bird restaurants you can visit.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
That will end ToTV as we know it.....strictly from a ‘no political references’ standpoint!
I can't wait !
Old 04-29-2024, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
Looking over the Sawgrass bridge towards the south Villages.
Somehow, I don't see too many trees. We in the US complain about the Amazon Rain Forest getting cut down, but it appears that we would do the same thing.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Somehow, I don't see too many trees. We in the US complain about the Amazon Rain Forest getting cut down, but it appears that we would do the same thing.
Not really.

It was pasture landheld future McDonalds hamburgers. Which is not always good for the ecology. There was some nasty materials left behind that needed to be mitigated and cleaned up.

The viable trees that were there were retained and will be maintained.

Many more trees are added during the "Florida friendly" landscaping phase.

There many new lakes, and they are generally larger than before. Similar to the chain of lakes in Linden/Monarch Grove. One lake just south of Central Parkway is close to a mile long.

And there's no question the diversity and population of the landscape and wildlife improves with all the lakes and added landscaping.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,206 Times in 5,414 Posts

Quote:
WAtch Don Wiley last video and you will understand instead of jumping to a conclusion
Old 04-29-2024, 05:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Somehow, I don't see too many trees. We in the US complain about the Amazon Rain Forest getting cut down (Do we?), but it appears (That's an assumption or a guess - not an educated or knowledgable conditional) that we would do the same thing.(Would we?)
Clarified it for ya.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcolonel View Post
No longer The Friendliest Home Town. Grown too big.

Plenty friendly where I live near Sawgrass.
Not sure where you live but sorry for you and where you reside.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterMomma View Post
How big does it have to be before TV becomes a true city with a mayor and council?
Never as long as the CDD form of government stays in place. Serves the area very well as structured.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:33 AM

Good point, isn’t that why a new tag line is in the works……?
Old 04-30-2024, 06:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,627 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcolonel View Post
No longer The Friendliest Home Town. Grown too big.
So sorry you feel that way, I play golf at every exec since 2010 and have found 99% of everyone is friendly, enjoyable and curious as to “you drive how long to get here”?

But that 1% of those who complain that TV is too big, or not friendly, rarely leaves their home base by more than 5 miles. Yet is very unhappy about the new neighborhoods.

To give an example two guys at Hilltop were rattling on about how ridiculous all of these new areas and it needs to stop. It’s infringing on our lifestyles by having so many people.

I asked when they traveled to LSL was it just too many people?
Answer “Never been there”

So did you find the people at Brownwood not friendly?
Answer “Where’s that”

The few who have traveled to Brownwood even from SS area, many thought it was just to far of a drive.

In all the years I have asked why are you so unhappy about the new build, only a few have traveled below 466. I remember after renting in LSL for years we bought our first house in Pennacamp. We were so excited, and yet everyone who asked where we bought thought we had just thrown our money away.

“You are never going to sell that house it’s in left field, not close to anywhere, that neighborhood will have empty houses for years. You got swindled”

Well that didn’t happen.

So I ask from those who no longer think this is a community of people is friendly, do you find the younger residents are not respectful of your age, and that’s why it’s not friendly

Last edited by thelegges; 04-30-2024 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,727 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Plenty friendly where I live near Sawgrass.
Not sure where you live but sorry for you and where you reside.
I agree - Brownwood area too is extremely friendly. The new folks moving here are filled with enthusiasm and are taking advantage of all the wonderful opportunities and activities that comes with the growth.

Actually, almost everyone I run into in other parts of The Villages are also content and positive people, who are grateful and feel blessed to live here. The “curmudgeon” crowd seems to exist primarily online, and I rarely run into these types when out and about enjoying our wonderful community.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
So sorry you feel that way, I play golf at every exec since 2010 and have found 99% of everyone is friendly, enjoyable and curious as to “you drive how long to get here”?

But that 1% of those who complain that TV is too big, or not friendly, rarely leaves their home base by more than 5 miles. Yet is very unhappy about the new neighborhoods.

To give an example two guys at Hilltop were rattling on about how ridiculous all of these new areas and it needs to stop. It’s infringing on our lifestyles by having so many people.

I asked when they traveled to LSL was it just too many people?
Answer “Never been there”

So did you find the people at Brownwood not friendly?
Answer “Where’s that”

In all the years I have asked why are you so unhappy about the new build, only a few have traveled below 466. I remember after renting in LSL for years we bought our first house in Pennacamp. We were so excited, and yet everyone who asked where we bought thought we had just thrown our money away.

“You are never going to sell that house it’s in left field, not close to anywhere, that neighborhood will have empty houses for years. You got swindled”

Well that didn’t happen.
I’ve never looked at it as too big. There isn’t a neighborhood in any city or town where there isn’t a group opposed to development. Once they got theirs they want to shut it down. The difference here is vs other areas is that infrastructure (ie roads, MMP, bridges etc) are in place before construction begins. It’s responsible development. I don’t look at TV as a ‘Hometown’. It’s 35 square miles over three counties.....it’s a region. That said, as far as friendly....to paraphrase , “smile to your neighbor over the fence....just don’t climb over it”!
Old 04-30-2024, 07:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I agree - Brownwood area too is extremely friendly. The new folks moving here are filled with enthusiasm and are taking advantage of all the wonderful opportunities and activities that comes with the growth.

Actually, almost everyone I run into in other parts of The Villages are also content and positive people, who are grateful and feel blessed to live here. The “curmudgeon” crowd seems to exist primarily online, and I rarely run into these types when out and about enjoying our wonderful community.
Didn’t know Pat Boone lived in TV!
‘Curmudgeon’....nothing like showing your demo without saying it. Again, not everybody agrees with your opinions and commentary. It’s fine. I like seeing things through other people’s opinions....may not change mine but it’s more interesting and engaging than going to dinner between 3 to 4pm!
Old 04-30-2024, 07:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,627 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I’ve never looked at it as too big. There isn’t a neighborhood in any city or town where there isn’t a group opposed to development. Once they got theirs they want to shut it down. The difference here is vs other areas is that infrastructure (ie roads, MMP, bridges etc) are in place before construction begins. It’s responsible development. I don’t look at TV as a ‘Hometown’. It’s 35 square miles over three counties.....it’s a region. That said, as far as friendly....to paraphrase , “smile to your neighbor over the fence....just don’t climb over it”!
We have been in TV since “07” and have moved to 5 different neighborhoods, alway migrated to the new southern areas.

All but one were shiny brand new, with brand new residents and those who come from northern areas. The only neighborhood that wasn’t so friendly was a preowned that the owner passed away.

Anything we changed from a single bush to the shades in our lanai was frowned upon. You live in S————house, she made this house perfect, you are changing everything she worked so hard to make it a showplace.

Yep that was fun, and wonder if that is common in neighborhoods that are original residents pass and new person moves in.

How long have you been here New or preowned. Ever encounter not happy the house sold issues
Old 04-30-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
This area is pasteur land, swamps, small lakes and trees.

It's rare for the developer to actually cut down mature oaks. There are many in the area.

We're in Marsh Bend, and the live oaks with the Spanish Moss was what really got us to take notice and settle here after searching homes between 466 and 466A.

Come on down in your cart or car to see the expanse of development. That view from the bridge does not tell the full story.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, future, sawgrass, bridge, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.