Purple Gallinule closeup.

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That is a great picture of a bird that would look nice framed and in anyone's home. But, there still is a question. Is the forum "going to the birds"? It seems to be very light (as a bird's wing) in content lately. There seems to be a PURPOSEFUL dumbing down of forum subjects lately! Nothing serious to talk about recently? I thought there was a world at war going on. And an election that may determine American freedom or not upcoming. Even Trevor Noah at the Correspondent's Dinner would be more informative as a forum discussion than pictures of birds and alligators. There is not much to say about pictures of pretty birds......like duh......dat's one purdy birdy.....y'all
........that doesn't touch or educate or give any understanding to the IMPORTANT issues of the day! Meaning that it renders a forum to be USELESS as a forum.
.........unless you create a subforum titled .......the dumbed-down forum of the dumbed-down Village
.........adults will stop reading comic books meant for 3 rd graders. and the same goes for a bland and boring forum
.........TV Land already has a paper that is only good for reading the TV schedule for sports and the comics.
........do we now need a forum like the Daily Sun?.......we could call them both the Daily Sunburn.....about as useful
Pesky little "NO POLITICS" rule ruining your fun?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-02-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Pesky little "NO POLITICS" rule ruining your fun?
Ever notice that today's adult trolls probably are the same little children that were always the "teacher's pet" back in 3 rd grade. They would breathlessly say, "teacher, teacher, Johnny did it". They "ratted out" poor little Johnny to make themselves feel important. It was an early childhood example of a POWER grab! And it continues to this day!
Old 05-02-2022, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Ever notice that today's adult trolls probably are the same little children that were always the "teacher's pet" back in 3 rd grade. They would breathlessly say, "teacher, teacher, Johnny did it". They "ratted out" poor little Johnny to make themselves feel important. It was an early childhood example of a POWER grab! And it continues to this day!
Ever notice that guy who talked all the time, about things no one else was discussing, and kept going and going, ignoring the exasperated glances from others and ignoring the people getting fed up and people walking away?

Probably craved attention as a child. And it continues to this DAY!

-Tom Petty
Old 05-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ever notice that guy who talked all the time, about things no one else was discussing, and kept going and going, ignoring the exasperated glances from others and ignoring the people getting fed up and people walking away?

Probably craved attention as a child. And it continues to this DAY!
The difference is that I don't troll you or anyone - I comment on the content of the posts. But, I am NOT given that same consideration. I am the trollee and you are the troller. I assume that you do it to other people also, because you can't help yourself. You have self-appointed yourself as the guardian and salesman of YOUR particular values. And try to step on other people's values and opinions. What a TOTALLY closed mind! it is a shameful waste to close a mind!
Old 05-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
That is a great picture of a bird that would look nice framed and in anyone's home. But, there still is a question. Is the forum "going to the birds"? It seems to be very light (as a bird's wing) in content lately. There seems to be a PURPOSEFUL dumbing down of forum subjects lately! Nothing serious to talk about recently? I thought there was a world at war going on. And an election that may determine American freedom or not upcoming. Even Trevor Noah at the Correspondent's Dinner would be more informative as a forum discussion than pictures of birds and alligators. There is not much to say about pictures of pretty birds......like duh......dat's one purdy birdy.....y'all
........that doesn't touch or educate or give any understanding to the IMPORTANT issues of the day! Meaning that it renders a forum to be USELESS as a forum.
.........unless you create a subforum titled .......the dumbed-down forum of the dumbed-down Village
.........adults will stop reading comic books meant for 3 rd graders. and the same goes for a bland and boring forum
.........TV Land already has a paper that is only good for reading the TV schedule for sports and the comics.
........do we now need a forum like the Daily Sun?.......we could call them both the Daily Sunburn.....about as useful
Quote:
The difference is that I don't troll you or anyone - I comment on the content of the posts. But, I am NOT given that same consideration. I am the trollee and you are the troller. I assume that you do it to other people also, because you can't help yourself. You have self-appointed yourself as the guardian and salesman of YOUR particular values. And try to step on other people's values and opinions. What a TOTALLY closed mind! it is a shameful waste to close a mind!
Yes, you most certainly commented on the content of the thread. IN WHAT UNIVERSE??? That little throw away line (hi-lighted in RED) before you went into your inane diatribe?

My particular values? Of course I post based on my values. Just like everyone else. That's a problem? I mention that what you want is SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the Forum rules and that's trolling?

How many more posts will we have to endure from you regarding the planet being over crowded? Oh, right, it's okay when YOU do it...

I'd could give more examples, but I'd be here all day...

As far as your claim that you don't troll anyone... Excuse me while I enter into convulsive laughter!

-Tom Petty
Old 05-03-2022, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
This response to my post stating we have a "No Politics" rule is trolling?

No, it's a personal attack, something a Troll would do...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-05-2022, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, you most certainly commented on the content of the thread. IN WHAT UNIVERSE??? That little throw away line (hi-lighted in RED) before you went into your inane diatribe?

My particular values? Of course I post based on my values. Just like everyone else. That's a problem? I mention that what you want is SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the Forum rules and that's trolling?

How many more posts will we have to endure from you regarding the planet being over crowded? Oh, right, it's okay when YOU do it...

I'd could give more examples, but I'd be here all day...

As far as your claim that you don't troll anyone... Excuse me while I enter into convulsive laughter!
Rationalization!
Old 05-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Rationalization!
Yes. You made a major rationalization that your post had ANYTHING to do with the thread about birds and that it wasn't just another attempt to spew your inane agenda...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
purple, gallinule, closeup, standing, blades

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.