Rhondas photography

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: Rhondas photography

Rhonda!

You are indeed multitalented. Your paintings, your photography, your writing and your wonderful charming wit!

I love all of them, and I am particularly interested in your paintings. For years I have sketched my children and other peoples children and grandchildren. I have enjoyed it, particularly that no one mistook my sketches for animals or plants, so I thought I was doing pretty good. When we came down and decided to look at houses, I started mentally decorating my house to be in the villages. I saw a huge painting in a decorated room in a magazine. The painting was a big sea bird. It looked doable and I thought I would try my hand at painting. I bought a big canvas, sketched my bird from images downloaded from Google and painted my first acrylic.(Three months ago) I liked it so we bought a house to hang it in.

I did one of the bathrooms at Lake Sumter too. And a couple of florals, some close ups of the fabrics I used in decorating. (I know, far out but they look O.K. as a group in the kitchen, kinda like Andy Warhol without talent .) Pretty soon the painting stuff had a life of its own. I have had NO training other than high school which is about a thousand years ago.

I will invite you and my other new TV friends (only the ones that think I am not too sleazy after reading my rebuffed posts in the Never Ending Story) over to my house in November to see the paintings and critique them.

The rules are; if you don't like them, lie. I am sensitive
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Platinum member

I had never painted until 1991. Not quite a grandma moses age, but a late bloomer. I also have 1 of a great blue heron, but I am not thrilled with it. I appreciate your kind words, and critisism is OK, too. Thats how I learn. My 1st painting is in the closet. It is so Bob Ross!! yucky, but kept so I can remind myself how I have improved!!! I love your wit, also!! See you in Nov..!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Rhonda,
I don't have an ounce of talent, but I sure do apreciate yours. Fantastic
md blondie
Old 07-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Veteran member

Rhonda, you definitely are a talented painter! Your photos are also excellent! Be very proud of both.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Sumter Rainbow

The Villages Florida
Old 07-05-2008, 03:11 PM

Thoroughly loved your photos, especially the ones of Narrragansett and Newport. Brought up good memories of my younger years in RI.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Sumter at night photo

The Villages Florida
Old 07-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Gold member

Yowee..... one talented lady, and fun as well. What a combo.

Your photo's of Newport are terrific. I am now longing for the New England coast and that wonderful salty ocean smell, one of my favorite places. Nothing like the ocean to calm and soothe the soul. Wouldn't hurt to have a bite to eat on Bannister's Wharf or at the Black Pearl, either!!!

Thanks Rhonda
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 AM

Rhonda you take beautiful pictures! Why don't you join the Photography Club at Sunset Pointe. We meet the first and third Thursday's of each month at the Lake Miona Rec Center from 10 AM to noon. It is a "no contest" club with no pressure and lots of friendly members!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

So rockin you learned from bob ross on the television? He had some sweet lookin hair,no? was a big fan of william alexander myself.keep painting. good stuff, like all the intricate brush werk. would love to see it up close
Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Platinum member

A few Ross shows and I thought, ugly stuff! I taped a couple of shows and went slowly. What did I get? A Ross duplicate! I did learn a little and have done my own thing since. I took 1 class at URI called "Mr. Kinneys Class" in '91. Mr. Kinney was 93 at the time and was always present and painting. He exclaimed, "you ARE an ARTEESTE!!" What a compliment! His words inspired me to continue. He was a wonderful man! I do appreciate and enjoy all art. Have done a couple of modern abstracts that I'll post, a great blue heron (not a favorite) and some others soon. I have sculpted a little, also. I will put my Eskimo doll pic up too.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I loved his Happy Little Trees...LOL :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 07-12-2008, 04:25 AM

Hi Rhonda: Loved your oil on canvas. Also loved your pictures. Keep sharing all the good work. It's great. Can you paint a . . . ghost?? With Donna in the picture???? LOL
Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Platinum member
Default Eskimo by Rhonda

Eskimo, sculpted head and boots, raw wool mustache and beard, wire armature stuffing, cloth, fur trim. The Villages Florida
Old 07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Fun with paint

The Villages Florida The Villages Florida Daughter wanted modern in chosen color schemes for her bathrooms. The Villages Florida Another pastel freehand oil. I see a little Bob Ross yuck. Not a favorite, but had a pic on PC.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.