Susan's Photos

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Susan's Photos

o

Last edited by Just Susan; 10-10-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Platinum member

The Villages Florida LOVE Your pictures!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
ohnoohnoohnoohnoohno-o-o-o-o-o!!

Why did I return to this computer this morning?

Why did I look at TOTV again?

All I was going to do was check the market. Just did. ::

Maybe I do need to get another job.

And now I cannot get those alligators out of my head.

I know. It can be one of those musical cards. We will buy the rights to "Love is Lovelier the Second Time Around." Or maybe "The Anniversary Waltz."

And that alligator card will sell like crazy.

Or. . . Hold on. I just looked at the market again. ::::

I just looked at PFE.

I know what we can do. We can sell those alligators to Pfizer. It can be their new logo. The one for the pill that is probably making Mr. Midnight's night. The alligators would be so much better than all those stupid ads that PFE has now.

The "Alligators in Luv" logo. That's what Pfizer needs. PFE needs all the help it can get. The alligators would sell. They would leap right ahead of those mattress shillin' sheep. Sellin' stuff even better. Or maybe the alligators and the sheep could get a gig together.

Too, too perfect. They could speak at marketing conferences. First the alligators. Then sell the mattresses.

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!

I wonder who may be reading this. Ohnoohnoohnoohno-o-o-o-o!!!

Well, this post is timed and dated. This post will be signed by Boomer. Oh I do so hope this idea is now copyrighted by Boomer.

If I see those alligators shilling for Pfizer without me, I am going to lasso them.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Whew! All I did was come in here to this kitchen computer to check the market.

Boomer, on July 15, 2008, right before lunch, c. (Is that how you do it? I can't find that little trademark sign anywhere on this keyboard.)

Ohnoohnoohnoohno-o-o-o!!

Susan, I forgot. I did not buy the rights to your picture. Uh. Whoops. But listen! I know! We are in this thing together. We can be on the cover of "Business Week." Oh, whattheheck, we can be on the cover of "Forbes." Are you ready for your closeup?

Seeya later, alligator(s)

Boomer

Whatintheheckisthematterwithme???

All I did was come in here to check the market.

Maybe I do need to go back to work.

Boomer, zero to 60

Boomer.

I just love you.

You are the reason that Ohio is the greatest state in the union.

I will be your campaign manager and we will run you for president next time.

If there still is a country next time.

But,Boom as you often say , I digress.

Dont'cha just love those photos? I was gonna copy the bird one for a big canvas that I bought for the new house in Hadley but since it is now copyrighted. (copywrote?) I guess that is not gonna happen. Maybe I can do the birds in blue and get away with it?

Well Boomer and Susan, I am looking forward to seeing your images on the editorial page of the New York Times. Will you salute each other with closed fists? Which will wear the turban?

Hugs to both clever women.

GracieGirl
Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

gg,

I too believe that Susan is a genius with her camera. And her pictures tell stories.

And they just might make her famous as "Business Woman of the Year" or something when she retires.

And that will be so great. I do so love those successes that come to women of a certain age. Those successes are double wonderful.

But gg, there is something I am a little worried about.

You know that I am quite bashful or I would try to talk to Susan about this potential problem that I see. But I continue to be shy and retiring. (btw We flew over your neck of this Cincinnati woods the other night. Did you see me wave?)

And I wish Susan all the success in the world with those photos. But there is something that I think she needs to consider before all those publications come to do the cover stories about her. You know, once she incorporates, it could be "Business Week" or maybe "AARP" or, oh my, I feel faint, even Oprah herself might knock on Susan's door.

Oh gg, I do not know how to ask Susan this. And you know that I am, in fact, a bumpkin, so what do I know anyway. I am sure that Susan has it all over me in what the fashionable boomers are wearing these days. And about boomer makeup tips.

But before Susan gets so famous that she forgets all about us here, do you think maybe somebody should talk to her about. . .uh, how do I say this?. . .OK. . .I need to do this. . .OK, Boomer, breathe in. Breathe out. Just say it. Just tell Susan. It's for her own good. I know "Sisters are doin' it for themselves" and all that. But sometimes we really need to help each other. . .OK. . . Here goes. . .

Susan, I mean this is the kindest most supportive way possible. But I have been wondering if maybe. . .before you start all those photo shoots starring you, all those covers and interviews. . .Do you want to maybe rethink that showgirl eye makeup?

Boomer

Susan, seriously, your photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing them with us.

And I am starting to speak in old song lyrics again so it's time for Boomer in the morning to hit the road.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage

Boom.

Maybe just remove the sparkle part on her eyes, for the southern Ohio people. They aren't into Vogue. Well one is. I forgot who.

I think you can sell the alligator picture to that shoe company.

YOUR NEXT PAIR OF JIMMY CHEWS.

Just a thought.

GG
Old 07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Soaring Parsley

gg,

If George Burns could have hooked up with you after his dear first Gracie, he could have continued the shtick. Gracie Allen had it all over him. What a pair they were.

(And why in the world do I remember them? I was a fetus at the time. I guess that old 8 inch black and white television was turned up pretty loud.)

Boomer
Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Gold member

GG and BBB ... (okay that felt like kindergarten and practicing writing "my letters")

The two of you are hysterical. As a native Minnesotan I understand your Midwestern ethics...although we don't really consider anyone east of Indiana, Midwestern. We think of Ohioans as sort of "Western Easterners"..so that may be where you became confused in life.

Anyway I decided that if I was so eager to believe your opinion about my photos...which I am, I really hope you are right and that they are special...I really love photography and I do try to tell stories with my pictures...

again, anyway.....

I decided if I was buying into the compliment I had to buy into the criticism...soooooo....I changed my Avatar!!!

I decided to focus on another area of my body that would perhaps cause less of a stir in Ohio. (The photo is actually an animation but I can't seem to get that part to work in this format.) I hope this is a more acceptable representation of "the conservative Midwesterner that I am"

And seriously I thank all who have made such nice comments, it makes me feel very good.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Sage

Susan, I have to second what Boomer and GG say. You're photography is fantastic. I've always been a great fan of photos, even more than paintings I think. I get a stronger feeling from them. And I've had the pleasure to work with many professional photographers. I must say you're as good as any of them, if not better than quite a few! I've always wanted to take this up as a hobby, so when you get to TV, I hope you can share some of your wisdom with me.

Your pictures do tell a story and that's what they should do. Please keep posting. You're an inspiration. chels
Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Soaring Parsley

ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear!!

It took me all that time this morning to work up the courage to let Susan know that when she launches her second career as an amazing photographer and finds that she is getting offers for her face to grace the covers of all the important magazines, she needs to consider losing the showgirl eye makeup.

And I even told her that I meant my little "rethink it, honey" suggestion in the kindness most supportive way possible.

And then I left the house for awhile.

And then I returned.

And then I just had to look.

I wanted to see if Susan had seen my advice, er suggestion, and was considering it. Had she decided to ditch that showgirl eye makeup she has been wearing around here? Had she gone for the more "Dress for Success" look? You remember it. Keep that suit jacket on in meetings. Keep your arms covered up so you don't look weak. Remember all that advice, girls?

I was just trying to help.

Well, now look what Susan has done. Do I see a somewhat suggestive decollete on that red dress? (We don't have any accent marks on keyboards in Ohio.)

Is that a feather boa!!! A black feather boa!!

And I have no idea about the eye makeup now. But I don't think it is gone.

And Susan, is that Tom I see peeking out from underneath. WHAT IN THE :edit: IS HE DOING?

Oh Susan. I give up. Once a showgirl, always a showgirl. "Forbes" cover or not.

But I still really like those photos of yours.

And maybe I need to rethink my own eye makeup.

Maybe Ohio is a backward state.

And I have to get out of here again. And stop looking in when I return. Oh my, who knows what Susan will be wearing then!

Or maybe while I am out shopping, I should just look around for a feather boa for myself.

Susan, you go girl!

Boomer

(I just hit send and got the red warning and looked and saw Susan's last post. If I did not blab on the phone while writing these silly things, I could get them to print faster. But anyway, (Hi Susan). I am going to go ahead and send this anyway. Even though it is a little out of sequence. And then I really am leaving to go shopping. Do they have feather boas at Macy's? I will ask them.)

Oops! Hit send again. Red warning sign. Now Chels is here. (Hi, Chels.)

OK, hitting send again and leaving to go to the mall in search of a new image.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Sage

Hahahaha Boomer, you are a nutcase! 1rnfl 1rnfl 1rnfl OK, Susan has a feather boa (MN)
and I actually own a feather boa (IL) and now it's making it's way to Ohio! Macy's should indeed have one. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Soaring Parsley

You girls will not believe me. No one will. But this little story is the honest to goodness truth.

I really am getting ready to leave. But I took one more look. I can tend to proofread sometimes.

And OH MY!! In that post above. The one about Susan's new image with the red dress and all. I had spelled a word the wrong way.

Oh my! :redface:

There is a lesson in this. While it is always good to use spellcheck, you must always remember to never, never trust it.

:redface:

Boomer

And yes, even in Ohio, we know all about those Freudian slips.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Sage

Uh Boom?

I got my Freudian slip at Macy's. It's just one department over from the feather boas.

Since you are going out I need a back up for both. I will pay you on Tuesday.

Hugs and love,

GG
Old 07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Sage

Hey Susan, The bird you have captioned "evil eye" could be answering the question "Wanna see my etching?" That bird is saying " Those are your etchings?? Is that all there is???

And no...Mr Samhass did not offer to show me his etchings. I did end up seeing them, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom
Here are a few fun ones..

The Villages Florida
Whoops!

The Villages Florida
Get off my bad would'cha!

The Villages Florida
So Shy!

The Villages Florida
Evil Eye!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Gold member

Oh dear Ladies I do hope catch you before you leave to shop.
Please note that
1. I got my boa at Fredricks of Hollywood. A quaint little store for us more conservative
types.
2. The placement of the boa is not above the waist. That skinny little piece of anatomy
is not my neck, that is err ahh ... my waist....(choking). The cleavage well that isn't
above my waist either. (Darn I wish I could make this thing animate here, like it does
on my computer. Then you could see my sassy walk as well.)
3. Anyway be sure to wear your boa at the hemline of your dress too for proper attire.
Oh and hemline must be well above your knees.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Sage

OMG Susan. THAT is your :edit:!! I can see it now.

Writing this down. WEAR BOA AT HEMLINE.

KEEP HEMLINE SHORT.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.