Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   6 pm, golf courses closed at 4 starting today (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/6-pm-golf-courses-closed-4-starting-today-305033/)

Yucatan2 04-08-2020 05:17 PM

6 pm, golf courses closed at 4 starting today

And two groups just golfed through at the Chula Vista golf course. What makes them special? I know there is a “course closed “ sign at the starter shack, I guess they can’t read?
I imagine this is not the only course this is happening at.....

Mudder 04-08-2020 05:32 PM

Shameful!

starflyte1 04-08-2020 05:32 PM

How long does it take to play a round? I thought the last tee time was 4.

golfing eagles 04-08-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yucatan2 (Post 1742930)
And two groups just golfed through at the Chula Vista golf course. What makes them special? I know there is a “course closed “ sign at the starter shack, I guess they can’t read?

Did you call someone, perhaps community watch? The other thread stated that an employee told him that they will call the sheriff on violators for trespassing

anothersteve 04-08-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 1742933)

It can take 2hrs. I've had it happen to me on Hilltop of all places.
Steve

billethkid 04-08-2020 06:00 PM

Turn 'em in...

Book 'em Danno!

Marvic 1 04-08-2020 06:01 PM

2 hour play on Executive golf course, way to long......

As I posted before: every 9 minutes a new group goes out onto the first tee. So its should take 9 minutes per hole, times 9 holes equals 81 minutes.
(1 Hour 21 minutes max per round).
No wonder we wait for the front groups to move on, some guys think its a 2 hour golf game! :ohdear:

DavidStockhausen 04-08-2020 06:59 PM

Golf Course Closure

Got kicked off an executive course while walking tonight. Ambassador said course closed. I said Golfers were playing there today. He said chemicals are dangerous eso they didn’t want exposure. I said course was treated a week ago. He said “real reason is they don’t have insurance and they own the golf courses so they can close them whenever they want!” Any comments?

Yucatan2 04-08-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 1742933)

We live on the 3rd tee....they just walked on shortly before 6. After my original post the ambassador showed up to chase them off, and then the huge sprinklers came on as well.
I am concerned that if people can’t follow the rules, all of the courses will be closed to all of us.

anothersteve 04-08-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidStockhausen (Post 1742968)
Got kicked off an executive course while walking tonight. Ambassador said course closed. I said Golfers were playing there today. He said chemicals are dangerous eso they didn’t want exposure. I said course was treated a week ago. He said “real reason is they don’t have insurance and they own the golf courses so they can close them whenever they want!” Any comments?

Yes...stay off the courses after 4! Anyway pedestrians are prohibited from all courses...period...24/7/365

Rollie 04-09-2020 03:36 AM

What is the reason given for closing the courses after 4pm. I saw an article and heard a radio report, and nether had a reason. Great reporting.

Rollie

merrymini 04-09-2020 05:29 AM

I saw people on the course until late yesterday even though they said the last tee time was 4, people were out there at 7. People congregate in the parking lot and do not keep their distance and then get into their individual golf carts to play and there was definitely no social distancing in the parking lot and still everyone has been allowed to play. I cannot walk on the Wiechens Preserve because dogs were allowed to run free there after the dog parks were closed because people are inconsiderate and stupid. Close the golf courses and you can sit at home like the rest of us until you learn consideration and regard for others.

photo1902 04-09-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidStockhausen (Post 1742968)

He’s right.

WRSINE 04-09-2020 05:47 AM

Why would courses close at 4 pm - the sun stays up till 7:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yucatan2 (Post 1742930)

I thought after the starter closed his booth - you could just tee off anyway

Leadbone1 04-09-2020 05:55 AM

I teed off last night close to 4 o’clock and it was about 530 when we got done. There was an ambassador sitting there and said he has to stay till 730 each night to make sure no one tees off after 4 o’clock. This is happening at all the courses. So maybe the people you saw at six were just slow players. Not receiving special treatment. He said they are closing down early because about 26 ambassadors have opted to not work because of the virus. That is the only reason. A lot of people out here are speculating and don’t know what they’re talking about.