Phoenix open

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2022, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default Phoenix open

And they wonder why there water shortage in desert 🏜?Las Vegas same way.

Nothing do with pro golf? Well maybe? desert west water feasco.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,745 Times in 5,255 Posts

Excuse my ignorance, but why should we care? Can't they just pipe water from another area? In Saudi Arabia, they drill wells almost a mile or so deep to get water.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post

Phoenix is not having a water shortage...

As the drought persists, here's how Phoenix is prepared - AZ Big Media.

-Tom Petty
Old 02-13-2022, 06:28 PM
Sage

So, waste it on golf courses and lawns. Western side of continental divide water shed supply not going to last. Lake mead down hundred feet.

Lake Mead drying up 2021?
Image result for lake mead water level by year
This means less water will be portioned out to some states in the 2022 water year. As of August 22, 2021, Lake Mead was filled to just 35 percent of its capacity. The lowest in 86 years.

Colorado River Shortage Creates Arizona Water Crisis

I can find more that that has different opinion.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why should we care? Can't they just pipe water from another area? In Saudi Arabia, they drill wells almost a mile or so deep to get water.
(Desalination plants in Saudi Arabia provide about half the country's drinking water. About 40% comes from groundwater. The remainder comes from surface water (about 10%). Desalinated water is prevalent along the coasts, surface water in the southwest region and groundwater elsewhere.)

There already doing that. Why should we care about anything when our candle is almost burnt out?
Old 02-13-2022, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
So, waste it on golf courses and lawns. Western side of continental divide water shed supply not going to last. Lake mead down hundred feet.

This means less water will be portioned out to some states in the 2022 water year. As of August 22, 2021, Lake Mead was filled to just 35 percent of its capacity. The lowest in 86 years.

Well, if California didn't allow billions of gallons of water to simply flow into the Pacific and addressed the water supply TO Lake Meade...

Oh, and do you use your irrigation system in TV?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-13-2022, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
(Desalination plants in Saudi Arabia provide about half the country's drinking water. About 40% comes from groundwater. The remainder comes from surface water (about 10%). Desalinated water is prevalent along the coasts, surface water in the southwest region and groundwater elsewhere.)

There already doing that. Why should we care about anything when our candle is almost burnt out?
80% of Israel's drinking water comes from desalination...

They have been the world leader in the technology...

Israel Proves the Desalination Era Is Here - Scientific American

-Tom Petty
Old 02-13-2022, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,745 Times in 5,255 Posts

If you are saying that the Phoenix Open should be played somewhere else, I'm on board with that. I'll watch it on TV anyway. And drink beer, not water.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you are saying that the Phoenix Open should be played somewhere else, I'm on board with that. I'll watch it on TV anyway. And drink beer, not water.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-14-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:

"Wasting" water... always wondered why that was even a phrase. You can't "waste" water. It doesn't disappear, it stays in the water cycle. Same amount of water on the planet today as there was yesterday. We just need to get the water to where it is needed, from where there too much of it. That means an all-of-the-above strategy. Efficient use, pipelines, dams for flood control and storage. But we can't have that now can we? Might drown a snail.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:34 AM
Default Recycled, non-potable water..

All the golf courses in the desert west were forced to use non-potable recyled water years ago. The courses that could not or would not were forced to close. They do not draw water from any drinking sources …..
Old 02-14-2022, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Bum View Post
"Wasting" water... always wondered why that was even a phrase. You can't "waste" water. It doesn't disappear, it stays in the water cycle. Same amount of water on the planet today as there was yesterday. We just need to get the water to where it is needed, from where there too much of it. That means an all-of-the-above strategy. Efficient use, pipelines, dams for flood control and storage. But we can't have that now can we? Might drown a snail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandd View Post
All the golf courses in the desert west were forced to use non-potable recyled water years ago. The courses that could not or would not were forced to close. They do not draw water from any drinking sources …..
Finally---two intelligent posts on the subject. The tree huggers want everyone to believe that the planet is running out of water, when in reality it is a distribution issue. There are swamps and there are deserts, and that's just the way it is. When you populate a desert, you have to bring water in. The water level in Lake Mead ultimately depends on snowfall in the back range of the Colorado Rockies, and that whole Hoover Dam system is highly controlled. Those that envision it as a dry lake bed probably also believed that the polar ice caps had completely melted in 2010.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:09 AM

Fixed water supply + Increasing population = Fresh water shortages
Old 02-14-2022, 07:48 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

so let's bring in more population, oh i forgot that is what is happening
Old 02-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

I actually agree with that - golf is a waste of water. I doubt very much that future generations will play much golf (as we know it). They may play a video version of today's golf that involves drives and iron shots where the ball hits sensors on a screen and that is converted into the distance and lie on a fairway. And then players putt to a hole on a real physical putting green - then back to the video version for the next hole. Thus minimum water waste!
........Spraying water in the air guarantees excessive evaporation on TODAY'S golf courses in a desert. Now, as far as water in Florida goes...... I know from a Ph.D. water expert that MOST if not all areas at Florida's latitude are deserts.
........likely we in our generation will all be to the BIG desert in the sky by the time Florida goes dry. And for those naysayers about global warming / global warning - please google the fact that building materials are going up 250%, which are due to the fact that BEETLES are KILLING the trees in the Canadian Rockies - prior to global warming the normal (40 years ago) frost would kill those beetles off on the US and Canadian Rockies.
Closed Thread

Tags
desert, water, phoenix, west, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.