Another Kevin Na Rules Question

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default Another Kevin Na Rules Question

If you watched the tournament on Saturday, you saw a number of instances where Na would be on the tee, address the ball, then take all those waggles and then swing over the ball and step away to start again. Why doesn't that count as a stroke? I assume it was because he had no intent on hitting it, but how do you rule on what is in someone's mind? All that being said, he seems like a really nice young kid and I hope he solves this little neurosis of his.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Sage

That's going to be my excuse too when I miss the ball!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Sage

Exactly right Barry. A stroke is only a stroke if you intent to strike the ball.

But obviously it is in his head and he needs to get some help. He's so talented.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.