David Feherty to LIV golf “for the money”

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2022, 08:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts
Default David Feherty to LIV golf “for the money”

Finally a mover to LIV is straightforward and honest. Link to article below. And good for him being very open regarding the “Woke” stuff that is handcuffing so many these days. Personally I will miss him on the pro golf microphone. But not as much as Nick Faldo.

LIV Golf: David Feherty says move because of money, being himself
Old 08-11-2022, 10:26 AM

I love David! He has the golf knowledge, had a great talk show and a sense of humor...
Old 08-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
I love David! He has the golf knowledge, had a great talk show and a sense of humor...
But apparently no sense of loyalty to the tour that made him famous
Old 08-11-2022, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
IMO “loyalty” goes just so far. Opportunity and money talks in real life. Six months ago I was against LIV. But after time and the reactions by PGA officials I (for what it’s worth) I have flipped 180.

I put myself in the shoes of a pro golfer with family and personal responsibilities, and yep - I would join too. Reality sets in. Loyalty does not pay the bills. Odd how PGA found all the new $$$ purse money the last few months. Competition is a good thing.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
IMO “loyalty” goes just so far. Opportunity and money talks in real life. Six months ago I was against LIV. But after time and the reactions by PGA officials I (for what it’s worth) I have flipped 180.

I put myself in the shoes of a pro golfer with family and personal responsibilities, and yep - I would join too. Reality sets in. Loyalty does not pay the bills. Odd how PGA found all the new $$$ purse money the last few months. Competition is a good thing.
Unfortunately for those that jumped ship, when the LIV tour folds in a couple of years, they will be SOL
Old 08-11-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Did it make him famous or did he do that himself? I was surprised he wasn't given the opportunity to take Faldo's spot, I know its a different Network, but he wasn't given that opportunity, that we know of.

I kind of compare him to Barkley, but you can only wear a muzzle for so long....
Old 08-11-2022, 12:29 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

It’s all about the money. Thanks Feherty for a honest comment. Rare today.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Unfortunately for those that jumped ship, when the LIV tour folds in a couple of years, they will be SOL
Your assumption. Why?
Old 08-11-2022, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Your assumption. Why?
Unless a major TV outlet decides to televise their tournaments, they'll probably wither and die. Attendance at the last one at Trump's NJ course was abysmal.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Unless a major TV outlet decides to televise their tournaments, they'll probably wither and die. Attendance at the last one at Trump's NJ course was abysmal.
No problem getting a huge tv-rights deal. Why do you think that David made the move? Also just read that Cam Smith, winner of The Open.is jumping to LIV.

I would put big money that LIV will live on and prosper. Will there be a merge with PGA or what? Can they both exist and do well? Hmmm
Old 08-11-2022, 03:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Competition in many businesses is a good thing, but not(in my opinion) in sports. Do not like monopolies but who is against the NFL? Best players in the world are not competing against each other. Golf viewership is not going up and LIV is not going to help and is diluting golf viewership. Are we(US CItizens) going to watch shot gun start tournaments that are being played 1/2 way around world on You Tube?. To make matters worse, these 48 players have a lot less incentive to win since they have already received huge guaranteed contracts

Mostly agree that players had easy money decisions. What happens when, and if, Saudis do not continue to fund this tour(no tv contract, huge up front salaries, low attended tournaments). If this was a publicly traded business, I see no reason to invest in it.

Greg has had and still has personal vendetta against the PGA. His tour has already created considerable animosity between players, not to mention golf fans.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:52 AM

I just realized because of all this LIV drama that the PGA Tour has a tax exemption not for profit and doesn't pay a dime in taxes. It's the only professional sport with such a sweet deal.
They had a net of over a billion dollars last year and the commissior makes $10 million a year. At least LIV pays U.S. taxes. Hopefully with the additional 87,000 IRS agents they can look into the Tours crazy tax fee ride.
Anyway good for David he has always been down to earth.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

No sense of loyalty, bye and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:57 AM

The LIV did not ban players from PGAT but the PGAT banned players from LIV, so tell me again who has a vendetta?
I like the shotgun starts, no commercials and the whole team format, it's something new and different, golf has gotten a little stale.
No one person gets to decide what is and what isn't good for golf. Let the viewers decide.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
I just realized because of all this LIV drama that the PGA Tour has a tax exemption not for profit and doesn't pay a dime in taxes. It's the only professional sport with such a sweet deal.
They had a net of over a billion dollars last year and the commissior makes $10 million a year. At least LIV pays U.S. taxes. Hopefully with the additional 87,000 IRS agents they can look into the Tours crazy tax fee ride.
Anyway good for David he has always been down to earth.
So, the commissioner makes 10 M, so what? What does a top ranked college football coach make? What does the chairperson of the United Way make? What does a lobbyist for a non-profit make? I assure you they are not showing A PROFIT of 1B, they'd lose their non-profit status in a millisecond.
Closed Thread

Tags
liv, golf, miss, days, personally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.