Jim Furyk..Painful to watch

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp
Default Jim Furyk..Painful to watch

Poor Jim Furyk. He led the Bridgestone for 71 holes and then takes a very ugly double on the 72nd hole to lose to Kegan Bradley. Tough to watch.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I didn't get to watch it, but he must have done something prior to the 18th hole. He had a four or five shot lead starting out.

He lost the US Open in a similar fashion. To bad, he's a great champion and a great human being.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Bradley who is a rising star on the PGA tour is the nephew of LPGA great Pat Bradley. With Jim's strange golf swing, he has done well. You do hate to see anyone pro lose with a double on the last hole.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Sage

The winner carded a -6 to Furyk's -1 for the final day.

The blow up on the 18th cost him over $700,000.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

I'll try and remeber that when I miss a two foot put tomorrow
Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hmm!

Don't feel too sorry for him, he won the Fed-X a couple of years ago, 10 million!

Also, on a side note, enjoyed going to a play-day for the pro's in one of many golf tournaments in N. Carolina and was asked by my friend to take a picture of her with Jim Furyk, while getting camera ready, I asked if both of them could smile, and Furyk, said NO, he didn't feel like it!....Hmmm!

I know it isn't easy dealing with the public BUT both of us have not been Furyk Fans ever since!.....I'm sure Pat Bradley (LPGA pro)is very proud of Keegan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Sage

Agree it was hard to watch. I was rooting for Furyk. I am happy for rising star Bradley, though. He looked a bit stunned-- happily so-- at the turn of events, himself.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Big Stricker fan being from WI. Glad to see he's been golfing well, 2nd this week with a 64 today. Just need to have him win at least one major...perhaps he can carry the momentum into the PGA.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
Big Stricker fan being from WI. Glad to see he's been golfing well, 2nd this week with a 64 today. Just need to have him win at least one major...perhaps he can carry the momentum into the PGA.
It looked like he couldn't miss a putt today!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Don't feel too sorry for him, he won the Fed-X a couple of years ago, 10 million!
Plus the 5 or so mil that he received from the company I use to work for just to have their logo on the back of his golf shirt. Front side was even more. I think that was a 4 year contract. It was not well received by the over 1500 people here in Akron Ohio alone who worked for that company and have lost their jobs. Not money sell spent. I have yet to hear anyone say they used that companies services because of that advertising.

VG
Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
It looked like he couldn't miss a putt today!
They say Stricker is one of the best in the world ~ guess it did show today. Sure nice when your on!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

There's no way I could be a Furyk fan, he's a steeler season ticket holder, Uggh!!

Lately I have become a big Keegan Brandley fan. Since he is the PGA defending champ both Golf & Golf Digest did a feature on him. When he putts he places the ball with no marks or lines on top, he also takes no practice swing with the putter. I tried the blank ball and I liked it, also I didn't take a practice swing on anything under 10' and did well with that also. I also really like the way he concentrates and stares down the shot, he said when people complained about his spitting, he wasn't aware of it, but has since stopped.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.