Root of ALL EVIL.....Money....pga players, what's next?

Old 01-01-2024, 09:13 AM

I'm a little torn here, because the PGA is a monopoly here in the USA and dictates ownership of everything a pro golfer does including any photos taken of him. An opportunity to work for more money causes people to change jobs all the time. There is no longer a commitment to a company, nor does Companies have commitment to many of their employees. How long would you stay with your present employer if you won the $800,000,000 lottery. No two week notice I'm sure.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A quote that some attribute to a prince who was later betrayed and decapitated by his followers.
well I don’t know about that but the doctrine has been used for 100’s of years some of the earliest were English kings ,the allies used it during ww2 with the Russians , the Chinese nationalist and communists used it a against the Japanese, during the Cold War both the east and west supported governments they didn’t like , and in the Middle East you couldn’t survive without it,even Israel and the Saudi family have had there moments working together in public and private when it suited them and I can tell you from firsthand knowledge how awful some of the governments and individuals we have worked with to get things done
Old 01-01-2024, 09:58 AM
Default Point of accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Football?, baseball?, apple pie?, congress I'm sure, I just hate it! But I'm sure when offered $556,000,000 (like jon rahm), most of us would be history also, have we no moral compass any more? Where does this end, when Saudis run out of money?
Money is NOT the root of all evil. Here is the correct quote:

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Money is NOT the root of all evil. Here is the correct quote:

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Thanks for clearing that up. Love is the root of all evil, right?
Old 01-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Default Harvard started it!

Back in the early 2000's Harvard was teaching its students that, the minute they take a new job, they should start looking for their next job! Loyalty is being naive today. In a capitalist society, there is only money loyalty, its the nature of the beast. Loyalty only exists now when it is a financial benefit otherwise your seen as a fool.
People are leaving religion as well. Sad to say companies have been thinking this way for a long time too. Just like our legal system, the rich get away with it while the poor get punished.
We have no problem taking Saudi Oil or their money to protect them militarily.Reality has reared its ugly head into golf.
This is a financial window that will benefit all LIV players, God bless them.
The real problem is there is no profit motive for the Saudi's. Won't happen.
And thats a bigger problem today, power wants power more than money. Its the new toy of the filthy rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamley View Post
I'm a little torn here, because the PGA is a monopoly here in the USA and dictates ownership of everything a pro golfer does including any photos taken of him. An opportunity to work for more money causes people to change jobs all the time. There is no longer a commitment to a company, nor does Companies have commitment to many of their employees. How long would you stay with your present employer if you won the $800,000,000 lottery. No two week notice I'm sure.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Saudi's, their intent is not about making America great (hmmmm!), no, they are making Saudi's better, a country at the heart of an attack on America, which I will NEVER forgive because their future intent has not changed, nor will mine.
I would NEVER challenge intents of others BUT, with my broad brush, I can safely say, Saudi leadership is BAD TO THE BONE!
. Amen
Old 01-01-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I don't understand. What does a moral compass have to to do with it? He plays golf for a living. It is a job. It is his J O B! He's not throwing old ladies out of their homes, or tying damsels to railroad tracks or other dastardly things. He opted to get a better paying position in another company. Like an American League player moving to the National League.
Calling the Saudis just any other "company" is nearly ridiculous. These are the same folks who TRAINED the terrorists who indiscriminately killed 4000 of our fellow citizens on 9/11. Shame.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany View Post
These are the same folks who TRAINED the terrorists who indiscriminately killed 4000 of our fellow citizens on 9/11. Shame.
Bring on the evidence you have.................
Old 01-01-2024, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Hot There View Post
Bring on the evidence you have.................
He read it on the internet , sooooooo it must be true
Old 01-01-2024, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Football?, baseball?, apple pie?, congress I'm sure, I just hate it! But I'm sure when offered $556,000,000 (like jon rahm), most of us would be history also, have we no moral compass any more? Where does this end, when Saudis run out of money?
Personally, I have felt since about 1970 that the major SPORTS in college and the pros are paid WAY TOO much money. Take ANY college coaching job and cut the salary in HALF and I believe that the quality of the sports team and the attendance would NOT suffer. Most fans would NOT even KNOW the difference between a good coaching decision and a bad one. The expert announcers would likely disagree. Put the wasted money on coaches back into the quality of the stadium and the college general fund.
Old 01-01-2024, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredsteve View Post
. Amen
Personally, I don't trust any country or religion that suppress women and keep them in burkas
Old 01-01-2024, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
True, but how much profit is there in solving world hunger?????
If we, the US, solved world hunger or even found a partial solution to the problem, we would have fewer illegals entering our Southern Border and costing the US and our US cities IMMEASURABLE wasted money. Just for a long ago historical example, the passenger pigeon is now extinct due to thoughtless greed and zero future thinking. If they were NOT extinct today, they could be a great source of protein. Maybe they could have outproduced chickens as protein - we will never know.
........That is just one example of man's greed DISRUPTING NATURE. The US (and other countries) are uprooting and destroying forests to build houses and for mineral development. Nature can be destroyed quickly, but takes a long time to rebuild.
..........Sometimes, like the passenger pigeon, the time period IS...............................................N EVER !!!!!!
Old 01-01-2024, 01:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
Moving money from Saudi coffers into western hands is a good thing. Billions that can’t be used to fund terrorists.
I think of the PGA players as merely WORKERS in a factory owned by the Saudis. They still make a profit.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
They run out of money when there is no market for their oil and gas.
Buy a Tesla or some other E-vehicle and DENY the Saudis some money.
Old 01-01-2024, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Back in the early 2000's Harvard was teaching its students that, the minute they take a new job, they should start looking for their next job! Loyalty is being naive today. In a capitalist society, there is only money loyalty, its the nature of the beast. Loyalty only exists now when it is a financial benefit otherwise your seen as a fool.
People are leaving religion as well. Sad to say companies have been thinking this way for a long time too. Just like our legal system, the rich get away with it while the poor get punished.
We have no problem taking Saudi Oil or their money to protect them militarily.Reality has reared its ugly head into golf.
This is a financial window that will benefit all LIV players, God bless them.
The real problem is there is no profit motive for the Saudi's. Won't happen.
And thats a bigger problem today, power wants power more than money. Its the new toy of the filthy rich.
I read a few years ago that Companies that treat their employees well are surprisingly profitable. Note: I only read that once and awhile ago so i don't want to take responsibility for its accuracy. i am just throwing it out there as "food for discussion".

Tags
money, root, history, moral, compass

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.