Root of ALL EVIL.....Money....pga players, what's next?

Old 01-01-2024, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORBILL66 View Post
Now college athletes are getting paid. They can leave after one year for a school who offers them ore money. No loyalty!
That rule and the excessive salaries of the coaches makes me NOT want to watch ANY college games. What happened to the student-athlete whose PRIMARY goal was to get an education. This is an example of MONEY and GREED making a situation worse.
Old 01-01-2024, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
He read it on the internet , sooooooo it must be true
That's what I assumed.

Much too easy to hate for some people.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The actual quote if from the Bible:

1 Timothy 6:10
King James Version
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It's not the money itself that's evil. What you can do with it can be a very good thing.
Or to quote George Bernard Shaw, "Penuria de pecunia radix di omni malum est"
Which translates from the Latin to "The lack of money is the root of all evil"----something to think about.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
If we, the US, solved world hunger or even found a partial solution to the problem, we would have fewer illegals entering our Southern Border and costing the US and our US cities IMMEASURABLE wasted money. Just for a long ago historical example, the passenger pigeon is now extinct due to thoughtless greed and zero future thinking. If they were NOT extinct today, they could be a great source of protein. Maybe they could have outproduced chickens as protein - we will never know.
........That is just one example of man's greed DISRUPTING NATURE. The US (and other countries) are uprooting and destroying forests to build houses and for mineral development. Nature can be destroyed quickly, but takes a long time to rebuild.
..........Sometimes, like the passenger pigeon, the time period IS...............................................N EVER !!!!!!
Ummm---I would have absolutely ZERO illegal aliens crossing our Southern Border----all it takes is a triple razor wire fence, a machine gun tower every 100 yards and a 200 yard wide minefield----hence I wouldn't be wasting a single penny on them.
Old 01-01-2024, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Ummm---I would have absolutely ZERO illegal aliens crossing our Southern Border----all it takes is a triple razor wire fence, a machine gun tower every 100 yards and a 200 yard wide minefield----hence I wouldn't be wasting a single penny on them.
I would like the overall result. But the solution methods are just a TINY bit excessive. I believe that it would have cost the US less to have developed industries and factories to have hired the locals in Central America - cost less than it will now to TRY to remove them (unlikely) or to TRY to integrate them into US society (costly and a kick in the teeth for existing citizens).
Old 01-02-2024, 03:42 AM
Default Geopolitics

Quote:
Just a suggestion, but I bet you'd get a kick out of Peter Zeihan's take on such issues. Food for thought, regardless. He does his homework. . .
Old 01-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Umm. Who pays for the razor wire, fenceposts, maintenance, installation, the gun towers, guns, bullets, maintenance of the towers and guns, restrooms for the guards, the guards, uniforms, laundry, etc, etc, and lastly, who clears away the bodies? Don't want no stinky, rotting, disease ridden corpses, flies and stench sickening our border citizens and security workers.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
“Root of ALL EVIL.....Money”

A pretty big part of most good in our society too.
Fairly sure it's the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany View Post
Calling the Saudis just any other "company" is nearly ridiculous. These are the same folks who TRAINED the terrorists who indiscriminately killed 4000 of our fellow citizens on 9/11. Shame.
WOW! Did I suggest golfers are terrorists? Don't think so. Did I suggest golfers change allegiance from their own country? Don't think so? Moving from PGA to LIV means bigger paycheck. It's only golf. It isn't terrorism. Your mind must make some pretty bizarre and illogical leaps to reach the conclusion I was supporting terrorism in any way. One wonders what other misguided thoughts you must have. It's a shame, and it is yours.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Wow, this thread certainly got off topic. Shocking news!

PGA Tour Golfers are independent contractors/business owners. They have a right to work for whoever wants to pay them, just like Boxers back in the day, who worked for Don King and the other creeps in that business.

The PGA Tour is just about the most disingenuous bunch of phonies imaginable. They've been wooing the Saudi money for years and got caught behind the curve when the Saudis started up LIV.

I used to manage the club that hosted LIV Boston. It was a sensational event and I never saw golf fans having as much fun at a tournament, except perhaps Waste Management. They did a great job, the players were accessible, friendly and engaging. The entertainment value far exceeded any PGA Tour event I've been to. Isn't entertainment what sports in the USA has become?

& I know you read it on the Internet, but don't believe Jon Rahm got $600M. The number is grossly exaggerated.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Zero illegal aliens is (sadly) a dream. Border stations are like locks on doors. They keep honest people honest. If there is a will, there is a way.
Old 01-02-2024, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I think of the PGA players as merely WORKERS in a factory owned by the Saudis. They still make a profit.
Players make a profit. With all of huge signing bonuses, Extensive marketing, terrible TV contract, small crowds, no profit for LIV. In meantime they are trying to do the same with soccer and tennis.

Tags
money, root, history, moral, compass

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.