Ryder Cup

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Sage

I agree that calling Phil a choker is unfair. Rose made incredible putts on 16 and 17. On another board we were discussing whether the US players had bad yardages in their books or too much adrenaline. It seems the Euros were able to put the ball on the right part of the green many times, but the US players were consistently very long. When they needed a birdie for a half or a win, they wound up 50+feet beyond the hole with no chance.

Did anyone else pick up on the irony when they showed the elaborate diagrams Stricker made for the team about the greens and then he misses his putt on 18 by about 15 feet and never had the right break?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Gold member

I may be wrong (I usually am) but it just seemed to me that the Euros wanted it more!
Seemed to be much more fire in their belly. Even seemed to me like there were almost more people cheering for the Euros than the Americans.

Give them credit - they played great !
Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Bosoxfan

O.K. so "Choke" is the wrong word but Mickelson sure wasn't clutch.He had that match in hand & never put it away!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
I may be wrong (I usually am) but it just seemed to me that the Euros wanted it more!
Seemed to be much more fire in their belly. Even seemed to me like there were almost more people cheering for the Euros than the Americans.

Give them credit - they played great !
It's called "DESIRE"!!! They definetly wanted it, just like Americans did too
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
O.K. so "Choke" is the wrong word but Mickelson sure wasn't clutch.He had that match in hand & never put it away!!
Sounds more like your just anti Michelson!!!! He sure was Mr Clutch in all his matches. Just got beat with two nice putts. And even Phil was a gentleman about it, by clapping and giving a thumbs up to Rose on the great putt. Maybe Phil should have been last to play instead of Tiger?? (But thats monday quarterbacking) But, still, Stricker and Woods did not win ONE match (4 pts??) And on 15 or 16 (The driveable par 4) after Mcelroy laid up, Captain Love should have told Bradley to do the same. But its over, and we got beat fair and square. Thats golf!! Still all gentlemen at the end!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.