Saudi golf a reality, a black-eye for pro golf

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2022, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Oh please please please provide a link to your excellent sources. Explain how, even it were true that Kashoogi were "an op of the muslim brotherhood" that the luring of him into an embassy where he was killed, cut up into pieces and those pieces disposed of in an unknown manner. Is how the world is supposed to work?

Is it possible that some people in the middle east who are not Sunni might find that the Sunni leaders of Saudi Arabia worth trying to oppose in their ongoing religious wars and suppression of non-Sunni voices? And that the Sunni leaders would accuse anyone who opposed them of being members of Isis.

I guess that makes me an Isis member in their eyes
I guess you'd better stop buying anything made in China then. Between the slave labor and organ transplants, they're worse than the Saudis. No worries though, we'll start buying oil from Iran. They're good solid religious folk.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley77 View Post
I guess you'd better stop buying anything made in China then. Between the slave labor and organ transplants, they're worse than the Saudis. No worries though, we'll start buying oil from Iran. They're good solid religious folk.
So, the suggestion is that since one cannot make the world perfect, don't bother trying - just join the party?
Old 03-18-2022, 05:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
From the website of the course

"GOLF
EXPERIENCE THE GOLD STANDARD OF THE GAME
Welcome to the finest pure-golf experience in Greater Boston"

Apparently they think they are close enough to Boston to use it as a defining location
Yep, that's how they've been marketing it.

It's an hour & 10 minutes minimum from Boston. With traffic, it's usually closer to 90 minutes.

2 major selling points for this being one of their scheduled sites ... close to Monahan's home and the relationship with Norman. The course doesn't lend itself to a professional tournament. As the name implies, the Oaks course is cut out of the woods, with no spectator areas.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Yep, that's how they've been marketing it.

It's an hour & 10 minutes minimum from Boston. With traffic, it's usually closer to 90 minutes.

2 major selling points for this being one of their scheduled sites ... close to Monahan's home and the relationship with Norman. The course doesn't lend itself to a professional tournament. As the name implies, the Oaks course is cut out of the woods, with no spectator areas.
3. And it's the beginning of apple picking season.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
From the website of the course

"GOLF
EXPERIENCE THE GOLD STANDARD OF THE GAME
Welcome to the finest pure-golf experience in Greater Boston"

Apparently they think they are close enough to Boston to use it as a defining location
Think NY Jets, NY Giants….where do they play?
Old 03-18-2022, 08:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to USA2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i read the people executed were isis members, & that kashoogi was an op of the muslim brotherhood
100%....Correct...They follow their LAW to the letter...
Old 03-18-2022, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA2170 View Post
100%....Correct...They follow their LAW to the letter...
So maybe you should move there......
Old 03-18-2022, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Another reason for us to be energy independent (like we were a few years ago). Drill here, now. Continue the Keystone Pipeline.
It's statements like this that demonstrate just how little people know about oil.
The Saudi Ghawar field is a conventional reservoir, while the west Texas Permian and Alberta's Athabasca oil sands are unconventional shale formations. Extracting oil from shale formations is significantly more expensive than pulling it out of conventional oil reservoirs like they have in the Middle East. This has always been the case! The only way it becomes profitable to drill here is if the price of oil per barrel increases. I know that's not what you want to hear but that is the truth.
If you really want to reduce the dependence on Middle East oil the only and I repeat ONLY way you're going to do that is to require less of it. Again that's not what you wanna hear.....but that is the truth. Less Than 2 Percent of Permian Basin Commercial at $30 Oil

Last edited by Vermilion Villager; 03-18-2022 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:02 AM

We were never energy independent. Large percentage imported from Canada and those "murderers and rapists."
Old 03-18-2022, 11:03 AM
Veteran member
Default morality

what I find amazing is you believe your morals are better than their morals . That's why so may countries hate America. We have had slaves, abortions, pedofiles etc , support some dictators and overthrow others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
PGA will suspend players participating. Greg Norman the organizer of SAUDI League. Saudi recently had mass execution of 81 people who participated in Anti-government protests, many reasons for players to not participate in this league but it's all about the money, $255 million to be exact for 8 events, 4 will be in US.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
what I find amazing is you believe your morals are better than their morals . That's why so may countries hate America. We have had slaves, abortions, pedofiles etc , support some dictators and overthrow others.
Since this was directed to me, I've never killed a journalist and chopped him into pieces, never killed anyone, and I've never questioned anyone's morals and I've tried my best to be a good decent American, and btw, I'm glad I live in America.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Another reason for us to be energy independent (like we were a few years ago). Drill here, now. Continue the Keystone Pipeline.
Keystone Pipeline is just what it says, pipeline! It is Canada’s tar sand oil to be PIPED over America’s heartland farms to Gulf coast refineries. After being refined, the oil was to be exported to EUROPEAN countries. It was never going to replenish US oil SUPPLY. It is not an oil field where you drill for oil. Research to see what tar sand oil does to the land if there is a major leak. Farmers would suffer devastating damage to their farm land and/or ranch with livestock. We need to encourage big oil companies to drill on their 9000 oil sites already leased. They do not want to drill. They want tight supplies so the price if barrel of oil remains high. Old supply and demand scenario. Oil companies are making high profits, $1.5 Billion in 2021. They did not reduce price at pump for suppliers. They had stock buybacks to increase their investors returns! All of us need to realize that oil companies and drug companies are not here to give taxpayers relief. They are in business to make money for stockholders! You and I give oil companies subsidies to just be screwed over when these companies make billions in profit. Barrel of oil cost high of $147 in 2008 but gas at pump averaged $3.52 gal for regular gas. TODAY barrel of oil cost $108 but gas at pump average $4.42 gal for regular gas TODAY. WHY THE DIFFERENCE? Oil companies are raking in profits! All of this information can be googled or researched in Bloomberg, The Economist, Business Insider and other various business articles.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedwards45 View Post
Keystone Pipeline is just what it says, pipeline! It is Canada’s tar sand oil to be PIPED over America’s heartland farms to Gulf coast refineries. After being refined, the oil was to be exported to EUROPEAN countries. It was never going to replenish US oil SUPPLY. It is not an oil field where you drill for oil. Research to see what tar sand oil does to the land if there is a major leak. Farmers would suffer devastating damage to their farm land and/or ranch with livestock. We need to encourage big oil companies to drill on their 9000 oil sites already leased. They do not want to drill. They want tight supplies so the price if barrel of oil remains high. Old supply and demand scenario. Oil companies are making high profits, $1.5 Billion in 2021. They did not reduce price at pump for suppliers. They had stock buybacks to increase their investors returns! All of us need to realize that oil companies and drug companies are not here to give taxpayers relief. They are in business to make money for stockholders! You and I give oil companies subsidies to just be screwed over when these companies make billions in profit. Barrel of oil cost high of $147 in 2008 but gas at pump averaged $3.52 gal for regular gas. TODAY barrel of oil cost $108 but gas at pump average $4.42 gal for regular gas TODAY. WHY THE DIFFERENCE? Oil companies are raking in profits! All of this information can be googled or researched in Bloomberg, The Economist, Business Insider and other various business articles.
Let's see: A barrel (42 gal) of crude is $108=$2.57/gallon and you think the difference between that and gas at $4.42 is all profit?????? OMG. How about cost of transporting to refineries, refining it and transporting it to the gas station? And don't forget the tax, which is the main cost differences between states---note California at over $5.00/gal. Since you are convinced the "big oil companies" are somehow raking in the "profits", why not just go out and buy Exxon/Mobil stock?----get rich with them? Rotsa ruck on that one
Old 03-18-2022, 02:38 PM

What about Dubai? Long a golf mecca, if you forgive the pun. And Emirates, the airline for the UAE, has long been involved in Premier League soccer as sponsors, and now a company from the UAE have a stake in Manchester City. The UAE is closely aligned with Saudi Arabia, and their laws are pretty barbaric as well.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Since this was directed to me, I've never killed a journalist and chopped him into pieces, never killed anyone, and I've never questioned anyone's morals and I've tried my best to be a good decent American, and btw, I'm glad I live in America.
Support the China Olympics? That was a question too
Closed Thread

Tags
saudi, players, golf, league, pro

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.