So so unfair pro golf purse

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2023, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,733 Times in 1,555 Posts

[QUOTE=jebartle;2194309]Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Agree.......................Free Market.

Let's give everyone participation awards.

Let's pay all Doctors, CPA's & Attorneys the same as hamburger

Pay should be somewhat equitable, not GROSSLY unequitable like professional golf. Haven't checked stats but pretty sure Kathy Whitworth had more wins than Tiger and wonder whether in her hay day might have beaten some men headliners, only God knows.
Sophistic. None of those wins by Kathy Whitworth were against the opponents who Tiger plays against.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:15 PM

You wanna subsidize the difference. It is fair. Grow your sport.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,182 Times in 782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilts View Post
Laura Davies out drives most pros, even now.
That's ridiculous.

Laura Davies' driver distance, never made it close to the average PGA Tour Player, despite the fact that she out-weighed the average PGA Tour player by some 20 lbs.

2020 Laura Davies By The Numbers | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association
Old 03-04-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
LPGA WINNER $270,000 HSBC
PGA WINNER $3,600,000 BAYHILL

Come on, this is ridiculous

Tennis, soccer same for both genders

Basketball, women must supplement income going overseas at sometimes find themselves in prison.

NOT FAIR!!!!!
Minor league baseball players play the same game as Major leaguers but get paid much less. Maybe it's because they don't generate nearly as much income as the big leagues do. The only difference is that they can't play the gender victim game.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Kathy Whitworth had more wins than Tiger and wonder whether in her hay day might have beaten some men headliners, only God knows.

The level of competition in women's golf when Kathy Whitworth played, was roughly the same level of competition found in Mixed Doubles Curling ... in Jamaica.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,858 Times in 3,692 Posts

[QUOTE=ThirdOfFive;2194324]
Quote:
Dr
Sophistic. None of those wins by Kathy Whitworth were against the opponents who Tiger plays against.
Wasn't my post..............get your "reply" right.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,858 Times in 3,692 Posts

Quote:
Agree.......................Free Market.

Let's give everyone participation awards.

Let's pay all Doctors, CPA's & Attorneys the same as hamburger

Pay should be somewhat equitable, not GROSSLY unequitable like professional golf. Haven't checked stats but pretty sure Kathy Whitworth had more wins than Tiger and wonder whether in her hay day might have beaten some men headliners, only God knows.
Not my post.....................learn how to post.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:09 PM

I sometimes wonder why people watch women sports. I mean....if it's so you can "watch the best" then you'd watch mens sports. If it's not to watch the elite perform then it must be because you "just want to watch women doing stuff." Which should be a little weird right?

In a lot of sports, middle age amateur men can compete with world class women. Nobody is going to pay anything to watch those guys perform and they are not making any money doing it. But people will pay *at least something* to watch the women. Why?

Joe
Old 03-04-2023, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
You're right, it is ridiculous. I can't believe the LPGA can afford to pay the winner of the HSBC more than $100,000.

Women don't support women's sports and men don't care to watch an inferior product.

Same reason that "Gentlemen's Clubs" out number "Lady's Clubs" by about 10,000:1.

As soon as some woman can compete at golf with Tiger Woods or even John Rahm, things will change ... maybe.
Billy Jean King might disagree with that whole male-oriented concept.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
You're right, it is ridiculous. I can't believe the LPGA can afford to pay the winner of the HSBC more than $100,000.

Women don't support women's sports and men don't care to watch an inferior product.

Same reason that "Gentlemen's Clubs" out number "Lady's Clubs" by about 10,000:1.

As soon as some woman can compete at golf with Tiger Woods or even John Rahm, things will change ... maybe.
Women's sports are an INFERIOR PRODUCT ????? Surely that is in jest. What about women's soccer teams that have won the Olympics Gold medals when the men's soccer teams were ONLY average ?????
Old 03-04-2023, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurvisT View Post
It's fair due to the quality of skill. A few years ago, a boys' team from Texas u15 or u17 beat the USA women's world cup champions 7 to 2. 100-meter race in track men's time is a second faster than women. I enjoy watching women's sports, but they are not anywhere near the ability or skill of men.
Those are SIMPLY unfair comparisons. Yes, the women play basketball with a SLIGHTLY smaller ball, but their hands are smaller - that can't be held against them. They play a very exciting brand of professional and amateur basketball.
......And of course, women can't QUITE run a 100-yard dash as fast as men can. On average women are slightly shorter so can take SLIGHTLY shorter strides. And women are anatomically designed with larger pelvises for childbirth.
............Incidentally, women tend to live 5 to 7 years longer than men. So they are winning that race.
............Incidentally, shorter men tend to live longer than taller men on average. Per scientific studies.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I have seen great minor league baseball games. The players play harder than major leaguers since they want to get called up.

However, even though the games may be very competitive - the major leaguers get paid a lot more. Average salary for MLB is about $4 million. Minor leaguers make anywhere from $4,800 to $14,700 annually. The high-end of this scale is still below the minimum wage in the United States, which as of 2022, is an annual salary of $15,080 for a full-time worker making the Federal Minimum Wage of $7.50.
I have a theory about this. People go GA, GA over the top level of everything. From primadonna ballerinas and the top male ballet dancers. People get a VICARIOUS THRILL from watching the best of the best .....and THEY get the monetary rewards FOR BEING top dogs. Quarterbacks in pro football get the same GA, GA treatment. There is EVEN a top vocal performer NAMED GA,Ga......which was smart on her part.
.....My theory is that this TOP DOG mentality goes all the way BACK to ancient man and the TRIBAL leader mentality. Very similar to the LEADER dog in a WOLF pack that has the SINGULAR responsibility to get the pack to an advantageous hunting area.
.......People hunger to see the "best of the best" and tend to relatively ignore the rest.
........Years ago, the tennis fans did NOT want to watch the early rounds of a tournament when the ORDINARY highly skilled tennis pros played each other. They waited to see John McEnroe play Boris Becker or Bjorn Borg.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Women's sports are an INFERIOR PRODUCT ?????
When is the last time a woman played on the winning team in a World Series?

When's the last time a woman played on the winning team in a Stanley Cup Final?

How many women have played in the Super Bowl?

Who's the last women to beat Rafael Nadal in a Tennis Match?

When is the last time a woman played in the Masters Championship?

Who was the last woman selected as an All Star in the NBA?

I rest my case.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:02 PM
Default I know, right?

Quote:
LPGA WINNER $270,000 HSBC
PGA WINNER $3,600,000 BAYHILL

Come on, this is ridiculous

Tennis, soccer same for both genders

Basketball, women must supplement income going overseas at sometimes find themselves in prison.

NOT FAIR!!!!!
So unfair!

And while we're at it, why did Tom Cruise get paid $100 million for "Top Gun Maverick "and Monica Barbaro only got paid $300k? Same movie, they both said words other people wrote, they both looked good. Maybe it's because "Top Gun starring Monica Bardaro" would not have grossed $1.37 billion?
Old 03-04-2023, 07:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharris View Post
So unfair!

And while we're at it, why did Tom Cruise get paid $100 million for "Top Gun Maverick "and Monica Barbaro only got paid $300k? Same movie, they both said words other people wrote, they both looked good. Maybe it's because "Top Gun starring Monica Bardaro" would not have grossed $1.37 billion?
Who's Monica Barbaro ?
Closed Thread

Tags
winner, genders, basketball, women, supplement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.