Ted Potter Jr.

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Default Ted Potter Jr.

To all of you golf fanatics, has anybody ever noticed a player by the name of Ted Potter Jr.? In the PGA....
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes,
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,033 Times in 1,210 Posts

Yes he is front Ocala. I used to go to Golden Hills and watch him play on the Hooters tour. He monday qualified on the Nationwide tour and won. That got him his PGA card. Then he won on the pga tour. His home course was Silver Springs Shores which is a great course to play..
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM

My father was his high school golf coach. I was up in west Virginia last summer at the greenbrier classic and I talked to him for a while. Wished him good luck and followed him through 18 holes. And who would ever guess he would end up winning! Amazing story.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:09 PM

I booked a tee time on Golf Now at Ocala Golf Club early last year. The foursome in front of us included a kid with his name on the bag. Thought it was unusual, so we introduced ourselves. It was Ted Potter Jr, and he had just gotten his tour card. We had great fun watching he and his buddies play in front of us. They would tee off from the back tees, and on most holes we could tee off on the mens front tees before they hit their second shots. Nice kid, I have been following him since.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 AM

If I recall correctly, his father works here in TV on one of our courses. The Daily Sun sports section has a feature this year following his exploits as well as those of other golfers with a Villages connection.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 AM

Ted is so shy and humble. The day he won his first tour he was being interviewed nationally. His face blew up bright red. Such an awesome kid
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.