Tiger quits @ Bridgestone

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 04:46 PM

IMHO, came back too soon. And I will always be a Tiger fan.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
Looks like there is now a Dustin Johnson scandal brewing. If true it seems to involve other players' wives; a big, big no no.
And possibly cocaine, another no no. I had heard from a good source that works in the industry, that Mickelson and his wife both have a major gambling problem. Hardly poster boy material. I suspect a lot of those guys are not clean as a whistle. To be honest, I'm not watching them for their moral values so much as their athletic prowess.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:56 PM
TOTV Moderator

Please stay on topic of Tiger's withdrawal from recent golf tournament. Please do not direct comments at each other.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Sage

Tiger's withdrawal is just the latest drama. I don't think it really changes peoples' opinion of Tiger one way or another. And I certainly don't see any connection to racism.

Those who see racism in almost everything make me almost as sick as racists. There are plenty of reasons to not like Tiger. You don't have to even consider his latest withdrawal...

His on-course demeanor is one...club slamming or throwing, swearing, and other childish behavior when things don't go his way.

I've never seen Tiger give due credit to a golfer who beat him. Tiger always loses due to a poor day with the putter, or some such drivel. He never just gets his butt kicked by somebody who played better.

He conducts himself in a generally arrogant manner and pays little attention to his fans.

Finally, there is Tiger's cheating. I am by no means condoning adultery, but there is adultery, and then there is what Tiger did.

Racism? Maybe for some. But I think many should get over the fact that you don't have to be racist to dislike Tiger.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Those who see racism in almost everything make me almost as sick as racists. There are plenty of reasons to not like Tiger...

His on-course demeanor is one. Club slamming or throwing, swearing, and other childish behavior when things don't go his way.

I've never seen Tiger give due credit to a golfer who beat him. Tiger always loses due to a poor day with the putter, or some such drivel. He never just gets his butt kicked by somebody who played better.

He conducts himself in a generally arrogant manner and pays little attention to his fans?

Finally, there is Tiger's cheating. I am by no means condoning adultery, but here is adultery, and then there is what Tiger did.

Racism?
That is what I was tryin' to say. I so agree.

AND I like my golfers to act decently, like the golfers who I have known in my life. I think of golfers as gentlemanly or ladylike, polished and well raised. The cream of the crop.

I can think that way if I want to. The rest of you who say that their morality doesn't matter, enjoy away. I like my heros to be nice people.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Tiger's withdrawal is just the latest drama. I don't think it really changes peoples' opinion of Tiger one way or another. And I certainly don't see any connection to racism.

Those who see racism in almost everything make me almost as sick as racists. There are plenty of reasons to not like Tiger. You don't have to even consider his latest withdrawal...

His on-course demeanor is one...club slamming or throwing, swearing, and other childish behavior when things don't go his way.

He conducts himself in a generally arrogant manner and pays little attention to his fans.

Finally, there is Tiger's cheating. I am by no means condoning adultery, but there is adultery, and then there is what Tiger did.

Racism? Maybe for some. But I think many should get over the fact that you don't have to be racist to dislike Tiger.
Totally agree. Having honor and being honorable goes a long way....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.