Tiger Woods is such a disappointment

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I guess it has to do with my short attention span but when one player or one team dominates a sport and/or garners all the attention I get very bored.
Then you are in the very small minority. When someone dominates a game like Tiger did (or Federer, or Manchester United etc) the viewership when they are in contention is much, much higher.

The best thing that happened this week at the Maters, as far as tv viewership goes, was to have Phil break to the top on Saturday. People love winners.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I USE to be a "Tiger fan" BUT so tired of his tirades of profanity!
Poor poor Tiger, boo hoo, hit a bad shot, give me a break!....Will have
to go home to his 25 million dollar mansion, so sad! The ability to handle adversity ( A missed putt) helps build character, the inability to handle adversity shows your true character.....Tiger still thinks he has a sense of intitlement, he can say and do anything he wants because he IS Tiger Woods, I don't think so.....So surprised that the media covers him knowing that he has no control of emotions and vocabulary, Grow up Tiger, we are tired of your immaturity!
Check the TV ratings when he dosen't play!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM

I too wish Tiger would not curse on the course, but I think it will continue. The game still needs him to be playing and to be a factor. I have seen Tiger in person many times at the Masters and 2 PGA's. I have seen some unbelievable shots. He will still win on tour and I think he has 2 more majors in his future. He is too good when he gets the lead late in the tournament.

I think there are just too many good players in the world for one player to dominate like he did before.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
Golfer in san --He's not a diaappointed in himself, reason is he's arrogant, ignorant, and protected by the media for so many years, he's a disgrace to his race which ever one that is, to his Mother but probably not his Father who so far he takes after.
talk about disgraces! and playing the race card? really?
you seem to have such intimate knowledge of him...were you his nanny?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Then you are in the very small minority. When someone dominates a game like Tiger did (or Federer, or Manchester United etc) the viewership when they are in contention is much, much higher.

The best thing that happened this week at the Maters, as far as tv viewership goes, was to have Phil break to the top on Saturday. People love winners.
Hi Russ: I may well be a small minority. i also like winners but week afteer week World Series after World Series....its like "Ground Hog Day"

This past week was one of the best Master's in many years because so many players were in contention and you could root for anyone of them Phil, Sergio, Fred, Bubba, Louis and yes Tiger. I am a Yankee fan but isn't it better when a team with a small payroll beats the odds.

succintly stated,I beleieve Americans love the underdog and since a "Tiger" yankee's, etc dominant for so long it gets kinda well boring

Personal Best Regards:

P.S. I have the highest regards for RN's they all rock
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Sage

He's not a disappointment at all to me, I love to see him lose.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Not sure the negative comments were directed at me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am more of a fan of the game of golf. As high as we put anyone on a pedistel we are usually disappointed. Tiger is arrogant, self absorbed, among other negative traits. But the fact is he has won 13 majors and over 70 tournaments. You either love him or hate him. I like guys that perform under pressure in any sport. I am also a Phil fan. Great family man and golfer, but he had his bout with prolific gambling episodes in the past.

Advertisers love Tiger because he drives ratings. When he is in the hunt in a golf tournament (not a major),the ratings are significantly higher.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.