Can anyone recommend an interior designer?

Old 03-26-2024, 04:03 PM
Default Can anyone recommend an interior designer?

Looking to redo a kitchen and several rooms and need the services of an interior designer.

Any recommendations
Old 03-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecuming View Post
Looking to redo a kitchen and several rooms and need the services of an interior designer.

Any recommendations
An interior designer will be costly. Go to home depot to start. They have a wide selection and a trained kitchen designer. Take the measurements and photos of your kitchen. The kitchen designer will run through the options, cost, and show you the finished design on a computer. An appointment is usually needed so call beforehand.

If you need additional help, this would be the time to contact an interior designer. You will know the cost of materials BEFORE hiring. This way, you can be certain you are getting a fair price. Many interior designers inflate the cost of materials.

You can begin at home by googling for example: white kitchen cabinets with oak floor design ideas. Many professional pictures of kitchens in your color scheme will pop up. Choose those you like and mimic the design. Or, show them to the kitchen designer or interior decorator. This will help immensely in describing what you want.

Last edited by Randall55; 03-26-2024 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
An interior designer will be costly. Go to home depot to start. They have a wide selection and a trained kitchen designer. Take the measurements and photos of your kitchen. The kitchen designer will run through the options, cost, and show you the finished design on a computer. An appointment is usually needed so call beforehand.

If you need additional help, this would be the time to contact an interior designer. You will know the cost of materials BEFORE hiring. This way, you can be certain you are getting a fair price. Many interior designers inflate the cost of materials.

You can begin at home by googling for example: white kitchen cabinets with oak floor design ideas. Many professional pictures of kitchens in your color scheme will pop up. Choose those you like and mimic the design. Or, show them to the kitchen designer or interior decorator. This will help immensely in describing what you want.
There's a lot of good advice in this post.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:21 AM
Default Interior Design help

There is an app called Home Design 3D by Productivity

It is amazing and user friendly. You can choose cabinets n stretch to fit n then it will adjust dimensions accordingly. Choose your flooring, doors, windows n furniture.
I am a Landscape Designer but my software doesn’t do interiors so when I want to present a view from a clients kitchen, I use this.
Happy designing!
Old 04-09-2024, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

In the Daily Sun, Home and Gardens section there is usually interior redesigning suggested and photos of what has been done as a result. Ruth Dryer writes a column; “Decorating in The Villages” she is a decorator, can be contacted at 352-804-2056.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

My concern with an interior designer is that I would be getting THEIR choices and not MY choices. IMHO I would be looking at pictures of kitchens to see if I could find something that I like, then as previously suggested, go to Lowe's or Home Depot with the photo and dimensions of your kitchen to see what they can do. Now a word of caution, please review very carefully how the Lowe's or Home Depot installations are handled, typically these are subbed out, and some subs are good some are not so good. I would tend to stay with a company that is responsible for ALL aspects of the project AND uses their own employees for the project. Make sure there is a suitable warranty to cover the materials and work.
Good luck with your project.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Well, a good interior decorator tries to find out your taste and your values, starting with how you want to use your space. If they try to impose their taste on you, they’re out of a job. Their aim is to help you achieve what you want and they lend you their knowledge and network of where to find furniture, fabric, art that you might like. I studied interior design for a short while but turned to another vocation. Like in any creative art, some are more talented than others. They have a portfolio of their work and you can see what they have done in the past.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My concern with an interior designer is that I would be getting THEIR choices and not MY choices. IMHO I would be looking at pictures of kitchens to see if I could find something that I like, then as previously suggested, go to Lowe's or Home Depot with the photo and dimensions of your kitchen to see what they can do. Now a word of caution, please review very carefully how the Lowe's or Home Depot installations are handled, typically these are subbed out, and some subs are good some are not so good. I would tend to stay with a company that is responsible for ALL aspects of the project AND uses their own employees for the project. Make sure there is a suitable warranty to cover the materials and work.
Good luck with your project.
I second the importance of making sure work is not “subbed” out and the contractor will use only their own employees for the work - I recently replaced all flooring / counters/ sinks / fixtures in my new home this past year - although I am very happy with the eventual product, it was a “nightmare” dealing with shady sub-contractors - some of the work had to be re-done multiple times, and it was evident that the general contractor was not in direct communication with the sub-contractors quite a bit of of the time - the same occurred with painting and birdcage projects, where the sub-contractors “messed up”, and the general contractor was AWOL through lots of the work. Ask these questions ahead of time, and pass on any contractor who “subs” a lot of their work out.

Last edited by Michael 61; 04-09-2024 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I second the importance of making sure work is not “subbed” out and the contractor will use only their own employees for the work - I recently replaced all flooring / counters/ sinks / fixtures in my new home this past year - although I am very happy with the eventual product, it was a “nightmare” dealing with shady sub-contractors - some of the work had to be re-done multiple times, and it was evident that the general contractor was not in direct communication with the sub-contractors quite a bit of of the time - the same occurred with painting and birdcage projects, where the sub-contractors “messed up”, and the general contractor was AWOL through lots of the work. Ask these questions ahead of time, and pass on any contractor who “subs” a lot of their work out.
Subbing happens frequently no matter who you choose to complete your home project. I suggested going to Home Depot to become acquainted with the scope of the project. It is best to know the cost of materials and have a working knowledge of the many choices available. Home Depot has an open kitchen area where you can easily do this. A kitchen Designer will review several options with you and show you the completed project on their computer. If you need further assistance, THEN you should hire an interior decorator or an independent company.

If you choose to continue to work with the Home Depot, they are a large corporation and stand by their work. If you are not satisfied, you can easily get a refund. This is not always true of smaller independent companies. If needed, the Home Depot supplies credit opportunities to finance your project.

I am a contractor and can complete most projects myself. I turn to the Home Depot when the project is too big for me to handle alone. For example, replacing kitchen counters with heavy stone. I have never been disappointed with the final outcome. Like Michael stated, ask questions ahead of time and choose who you feel will do the best job. To do this, I believe you should at the very least know the cost of the materials.

Last edited by Randall55; 04-09-2024 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:59 AM
Default Reef Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecuming View Post

Any recommendations
Reef Interiors - Interior Designer in The Villages, Florida
Google
Google Maps
Michael Sullivan and Kelly Rucker are the Best of the BEST in central Florida! Having done two homes for us....one in Ocala and one in the Villages... we cannot ...

Tags
interior, designer, services, rooms, kitchen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.