Looking for Licensed Bartender for a Birthday Party at Recreation Center

Old 02-26-2024, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltime View Post
Planning a birthday party 80 guests (+ or -) Caterer will be serving wine & beer. I would like a walk up bar to serve mixed drinks. Party to be in August.
BYOB problem solved ..
Old 02-26-2024, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO alcohol shouldn’t be allowed in rec centers. Enough drunks on street as it is. But, not worry I won’t be taking over. too bad I could fix all the problems in about 6 months.
Not everyone who drinks gets drunk. MYOB.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Hmm no idea on a bartender. But I was told alcohol wasn’t generally allowed in the rec center unless you follow their rules (I couldn’t find the rules). When we went to an event the booze had to be hidden in people’s water bottles. Same as they do in the squares. I’m curious what the actual rules are.
We walk in with coolers and full of beer on ice
Old 04-30-2024, 11:10 AM
Default Bartender https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/professional-service-directory-224

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltime View Post
Planning a birthday party 80 guests (+ or -) Caterer will be serving wine & beer. I would like a walk up bar to serve mixed drinks. Party to be in August.
Hi My name is Mary and I am a Certified Bartender. I have many years experience and would love to do your party. I also live in the Villages so it is easy to find my way. I am also an Event planner and coordinator which might be a big help for you in the planning process. Thank You

Phone is: 561 704 0329
Old 04-30-2024, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There's no licensing for bartenders in Florida.

Some places require that you complete a licensing certificate course as a condition of employment, but the license itself isn't a thing in this state.
So you’re saying I didn’t waste all those years at Faber College!
Old 04-30-2024, 02:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,601 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlgh View Post
I have used Pam Greer in the past. She is licensed and insured and did a great job for me at a birthday party held at Laurel Manor. She worked with me to help me determine how much alcohol I should purchase. Give her a call, 352-239-2862 or email: pgreer1954@gmail.com. She is very responsive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writergal View Post
Hi My name is Mary and I am a Certified Bartender. I have many years experience and would love to do your party. I also live in the Villages so it is easy to find my way. I am also an Event planner and coordinator which might be a big help for you in the planning process. Thank You

Phone is: 561 704 0329
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There's no licensing for bartenders in Florida.

Some places require that you complete a licensing certificate course as a condition of employment, but the license itself isn't a thing in this state.
By reading the first 2 posts, it may not be a thing, but one can be certified and licensed in Florida. May not be as prominent in TV, but in high end restaurants with extensive bar service it is definitely a bonus on your application. Some offer in-house classes, then certification is required within a time period.

Tags
party, birthday, drinks, mixed, serve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.