Dog Feces Disposal- Request for group action!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quality?
Good one. Now that is funny.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?
I think this is a sensible solution, too. But, the perpetrators are the least likely to even pick up the dog doo with a bag in the first place.

Without trash cans there, they would leave even more piles on the ground for others to stop and genuflect in front of it.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I think this is a sensible solution, too. But, the perpetrators are the least likely to even pick up the dog doo with a bag in the first place.

Without trash cans there, they would leave even more piles on the ground for others to stop and genuflect in front of it.
I agree that removing the trash cans is the most sensible solution. I don't generally see poop anywhere else on my walks thru the Villages, so I don't expect most people would leave it on the ground at the post office. If you fenced off the grassy areas by the post office so dogs couldn't get in their, it would help. And the added bonus is, people would carry their junk mail home with them, and possibly put it out curbside for recycling. As it stands now, all the junk mail going into the trash bins at the postal stations does not get recycled, which is a pet peeve of mine.

What would be nice is if they just took a few postal stations and did a study. Remove the trash receptacles and see what happens. If people are littering their junk mail and/or dog poop, then you'd have to try something else.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I agree that removing the trash cans is the most sensible solution. I don't generally see poop anywhere else on my walks thru the Villages, so I don't expect most people would leave it on the ground at the post office. If you fenced off the grassy areas by the post office so dogs couldn't get in their, it would help. And the added bonus is, people would carry their junk mail home with them, and possibly put it out curbside for recycling. As it stands now, all the junk mail going into the trash bins at the postal stations does not get recycled, which is a pet peeve of mine.

What would be nice is if they just took a few postal stations and did a study. Remove the trash receptacles and see what happens. If people are littering their junk mail and/or dog poop, then you'd have to try something else.
No fences!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Platinum member

I think everything is fine, I like the bins for the junk mail, I like the poop taken away by the dog owner.

It's all good for me.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Dog poop threads are about as silly as roundabout threads.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Dog poop threads are about as silly as roundabout threads.
Nope, sillier but about as provocative as allowed. Next we can move on to dogs that BARK and POOP.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
No fences!
No fences.

No signs.

No Dalmation statues peeing on fireplug statues.

No Flamingos.

Many of us moved here because of these things.

I love dogs even if I dont have any. My friends take their dog poop home. I love my friends.

Is this political?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have to agree.

I don't have a dog of my own but.......

I love a lot of doggies who belong to my friends and neighbors and they do just that. And I would do just that if I had a dog. My kids and my pets are NOT the responsibility of others. I take care of my own and I try to not let my kids and my pets bother other people so that my kids and my pets grew up being liked by others.

Is that political?
And just how is it that you would know what your friends and neighbors do with their dog crap?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No fences.

No signs.

No Flamingos.

I love dogs even if I dont have any. My friends take their dog poop home. I love my friends.

Is this political?
I would like one of those light up pink flamingos, are they not allowed? How about the light up palm tree?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingone View Post
And just how is it that you would know what your friends and neighbors do with their dog crap?
Because. I see them walking down the street with a plastic baggie full of something.

I see them carry a plastic bag when they go out with their dog.

I am NOT as dumb as I look.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No fences.

No signs.

No Flamingos.

Is this political?
Gracie, you may not have seen this clarification from the Admin on what is political - it should answer your question
---------------------------------------------------
For clarification - there are NO changes in the general forums of TOTV. Discussions that have always happened regarding issues and governance in The Villages have been and will continue as always.

The political forum where discussions and debates on political parties ie: Democrat and Republican has been suspended. Those discussions have not been allowed in the general forums and that will continue to be our policy.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Admin

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 08-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Sage
Default The things I learn on TOTV

Glad I tuned in to this thread. All this time I thought the post office trash cans were specifically for dog poop. Our dog Caly never actually poops at the post office, we have been bringing poop from home to drop off when we get our mail.

Rainy day in MA, so just being silly
Old 08-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Platinum member

Just great Gracie....now you've gone and done it.....you'll get ALL of us in trouble now.....this political poop must stop.........
Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Glad I tuned in to this thread. All this time I thought the post office trash cans were specifically for dog poop. Our dog Caly never actually poops at the post office, we have been bringing poop from home to drop off when we get our mail.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.