Dog Feces Disposal- Request for group action!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Sage

Oh boy poop's gonna hit the fan now..
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

does this thread beat the last dog poop thread?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Whew! Finally got through all the posts on this thread. I don't know to laugh or cry!

My sweetie says neither-----you need to see a shrink! Nah, need something to drink.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
such a simple solution to dog poop at the mail stations - place signs at each station that state "no dogs allowed" and remove the trash cans! your dog's poop and your junk mail can all be deposited in the same trash can at home!

what could be easier?
Good idea but dont put the "junk" mail in your trash - recycle it! What a waste to put it in the trash.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMAN View Post
Good idea but dont put the "junk" mail in your trash - recycle it! What a waste to put it in the trash.
What's really a "waste" is that it was ever MAILED.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

The following post below is an outstanding post and is exactly how to be responsible for your dog. I love dogs and have had many which I only allowed to go on my property. A lot of people don't want it in their yard even if the owner does make an attempt to pick it up. Daily I see people takiing their dogs out of their yard to a yard across the street which is still an unsold home AND THEY DON'T PICK IT UP. so don't say everyone is responsible and follows the rules. We all know there are many that do not..All the jokes and comments are childish and pet owners cause the problems when they expect everyone else to love Fido as much as they do.

Originally Posted by beartrack :
My dogs mess is no ones responsibility but mine. I am really tired of all these supposed "dog lovers" carping about their rights to allow their pets to do their business when ever and where ever they please. Provide pails, provide bags and then leave it at the postal station ??? Give me a break. First off, no one is supposed to walk their dog on postal station property. It is not anyones job to help you walk your dog and then ask everyone else to pay for supplies and endure the stink. I am a true dog lover, heres how I treat my good friend. I walk her on my property, I pick up, then I put her in my golf cart and take her to our favorite spot where she can run and get all the exercise she needs. She knows if she does her business, then its time to go play. Because I love that dog, I do my best to see that she is not a problem for others. Maybe that is why so many of our neighbors stop at our driveway just to play with her. Good dog, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter
We need more dog owners like you.

I agree! That's a great post!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Somewhere back a few pages in this thread, I am too tired from laughing to look for it ( some of you have a great sense of humor) A poster asked me, by listing a bunch of options, what would I do if I saw someone at a postal center not picking up after their dog. Well I am just going to ignore that list and tell you what I DOO DOO !!

I pick up for them with a little shovel and a paper bag. Then I hop in my golf cart and follow them home. After they go inside, I place the paperbag in front of their front door. Then I light it on fire and ring their bell, then I run back to my golf cart and watch them come out and stomp out the fire

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Default dog fececes disposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Lots of back yards!
OMG I agree this poop thread stinks!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Default dog feces

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Rules are rules, You wanted a dog,its your responsibily to clean it up and take home his mess. If you want to walk your dog,do where humans do not walk. You have to follow the rules,think we should fine dog owners if their dog make mistakes.
I think we shoud also fine people who drink too much at the town squares. You who do need to follow the rules.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog friendly View Post
I think we shoud also fine people who drink too much at the town squares. You who do need to follow the rules.
Yep, I think anyone in an area where smoking is allowed should be forced to smoke.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
What's really a "waste" is that it was ever MAILED.
I agree, but we can't stop the junk mail, and l wish people in The Villages would become more responsible and RECYCLE it!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Dogs

Walk the dogs on the Golf Coures. Just make sure the females have 2" straps and the males have collared shirts. Remove the trash cans!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Sage

The grandchildren....oh my how they make noise in the pools. All that glee...You can barely hear the music at Sanibel..
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs;5***45
Walk the dogs on the Golf Coures. Just make sure the females have 2" straps and the males have collared shirts. Remove the trash cans!
The developers would hate that. Dogs are illegal on the golf course. You would be trespassing.

Have had friends who live on the edge of the golf course who allow their pets to wander onto it at night. Have not heard from them for a long time though.

Not sure why people are so upset that others use trash cans for trash. It is not a recycling bin. Make all the trash cans at postal centers recycling bins would be my suggestion. Then people will not also put food in them or other things that start to smell after a little while. Food is also usually not bagged up like dog poop.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs;5***45
If not for the wildlfe you could just turn them loose on the golf course...OOPS, got loose again.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.