dog owners home insurance

Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Veteran member
Default It is not just the size of the dog..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Is this just a Florida thing? I have never heard having to have dog insurance. Is it really based on the size of the dog? Great Danes, Golden Retrievers and big ole slobbering St. Benards are among the most gentle of dogs.

Or is this just a joke?
It is not just the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. it is the breed. I have been around dogs my entire life. I have been attacked by small dogs and big ones. Pitbulls are easily the worst. Once they decide to attack, there is no stopping them short of a huge, potentially fatal fight. Big dogs such as labs and german shepards can be aggressive but can be deterred with counter measures such as sticks, yelling, and Pepper spray. Pepper spray will deter most breeds but not pitbulls. I now use a weed fork as a walking stick when I walk my dog, and I will use it to protect myself. I learned my lesson the hard way. JJ
Old 09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Allstate will write your home and accepts German Shepherds with no additional charge.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.